E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
ianbiz

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
I got some inside info indirectly from Active Autowerke ion 335i tuning

i am not gonna leak it yet. but i will tell you they bought a few 335is

ME WANTY!!!

ianbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
chisau

My Ride: 98 M3
I don't know why they bother. They will never figure out how to tune it!
Rumor has it that they will be only focusing on appearance and cosmetics instead of performance. A little birdie told me that they are creating a 22" wheel for the 335's w/ their logo on it! That would be cool.

Last edited by chisau; 09-08-2006 at 10:43 PM.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
funkyman

My Ride: 330ci,Mazdaspeed3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
Rumor has it that they will be only focusing on appearance and cosmetics instead of performance. A little birdie told me that they are creating a 22" wheel for the 335's w/ their logo on it! That would be cool.
They couldn`t develop a E46 Turbo Kit for 7yrs what are they going to do with the 335.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Chr325is

My Ride: 325i
uhhh AA will make you a turbo kit if you go there and ask for one. What's with all the negativity??

2004 325i 5MT ZSP
Mods
KW V1, H&R F/R Swaybars, Rogue Engineering RSMs, Meyle HD FCABs,
M3 RTAB with Rogue Engineering Shims, UUC Motorwerks Evo3 SSK, ECIS Intake,
Vorsteiner CF Console, 20% Tint, VMR 18x8.5F 18x9.5R CSL Reps
MTech 2 Front Bumper, M3 Steering Wheel.

Chr325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
chisau

My Ride: 98 M3
Note the rolling eyes in my post.. It was late and I was in the joking mood.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #6
funkyman

Quote:
Note the rolling eyes in my post.. It was late and I was in the joking mood.
Yes but i don`t want to pay 9k for a custom turbo kit.My budget is 5k-6k like it should be.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
You have to figure out how to make it obvious your joking.`From your post the negativity and sarcasm is crazy.

Quote:
They couldn`t develop a E46 Turbo Kit for 7yrs what are they going to do with the 335.
Turbo kit is different thenm just tuning, besides its expensive they are doing custom setups now. they did make a sc kit for over 130 cars though
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
Oshin02

My Ride: turbo E46/M3/MCoupe
Send a message via AIM to Oshin02
Tunning for the 335i will be hands down easier. It's a turbo car which already has the FI fuel mapping/trim and you work with small increments to add here and there for more boost and advanced timing. Unlike the E46 NA mapping where you take the stock NA mapping which breads on it's own, turn it from back to white (like Michael Jackson), and make it forced fed with entirely different mapping. Also, with a higher compression, you have less room for error/play with timing, a/f ratios, and of corse boost. Turbo wont be a big problem on these motors, it’s just that the companies that make them are worried about people blowing/melting there motors due to the customers not understanding that egt’s, air temp, etc matters (non-monitorive drivers) . Basically, it’s difficult to make a “turbo kit for dummies” who just want to floor it around every corner

I am, CARBON MAN.....
Oshin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #9
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Wow, there are a lot of naysayers on this thread. I think you doubters will be surprised at what you'll see.

-Ken
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #10
clean-m-tech330

My Ride: Technik 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to clean-m-tech330
The key to the 335 will be software, exhaust, intake, and other items, I'm not really sure how people plan to add a bigger turbo's as it's already a very tight fit with the stock setup. That also explains why there's two turbo's as opposed to one. I'm sure Technik, AA, and other companies will come out with software to truly let the car rip. I've heard, since I haven't had a chance to drive one yet personally, that theyre pretty damn quick... but i'll have to wait to find out
'07 Subaru Satin White Pearl STI - Garage Queen
'11 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Daily
clean-m-tech330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 AM   #11
Oshin02

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean-m-tech330 View Post
The key to the 335 will be software, exhaust, intake, and other items, I'm not really sure how people plan to add a bigger turbo's as it's already a very tight fit with the stock setup. That also explains why there's two turbo's as opposed to one. I'm sure Technik, AA, and other companies will come out with software to truly let the car rip. I've heard, since I haven't had a chance to drive one yet personally, that theyre pretty damn quick... but i'll have to wait to find out
The bolt pattern of the 335i's head and the e46 non-M/E36 head are the same. I fit a GT3571 in my car, if I could then the 335i could. Hands down, the 335i is a new, but. Old chapter which is being re-written in BMW's history. This is a huge positive in BMW's aftermarket side. I'm jsut waiting to see if the pistons are forged (which I doubt). But surely, the crank and rods are.

I am, CARBON MAN.....
Old 09-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #12
funkyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr325is View Post
uhhh AA will make you a turbo kit if you go there and ask for one. What's with all the negativity??

Hi guys,
Do they have a plan on building a Turbo Kit for the E46 330 and M3 anywhere in the near future.There have been some rumours going around on AA with one in the works and also Technicengineering and Horsepowerfreaks.com.Any comments.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #13
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyman View Post
dude your ****ing annoying honestly, you want a turbo go to AA and you will get one. AA is a great company and will do whatever you want with the right $$.. otherwise just drop the negativity.

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #14
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
Quote:
Hey you know how supra went from twin to single.. now okay imagine an exhaust manifold that bolts up to all 6 ports and then to a nice size big turbo (it will fit that way) the futur of the 335 will be a single turbo conversion with a lot of lag but a lot a lot of power.

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #15
bimmerbum46

My Ride: sweet pair of Vans
Send a message via AIM to bimmerbum46
sheefie youre thoughts are going to ruin my financial future
Old 09-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #16
clean-m-tech330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshin02 View Post
The bolt pattern of the 335i's head and the e46 non-M/E36 head are the same. I fit a GT3571 in my car, if I could then the 335i could. Hands down, the 335i is a new, but. Old chapter which is being re-written in BMW's history. This is a huge positive in BMW's aftermarket side. I'm jsut waiting to see if the pistons are forged (which I doubt). But surely, the crank and rods are.
I hear what you're saying, but I believe the engine bay specs (sizes) are a little different from the E46 than in the E92, naturally I could be wrong, but it's worth checking into. I'd love to see a 335 with a pretty large snail bolted on. I'm sure bmw has forged pistons in the car, most turbo cars run forged pistons, especially turbo cars from the factory, at least most more modern cars. I couldn't imagine BMW not having forged pistons just due to the fact that a lot of people will be driving the snot out of the 335's and they wouldn't want mass recalls for bad pistons. But they might have installed cast ones... I dunno, I'm also curious to know too
Old 09-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #17
clean-m-tech330

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheefo2k View Post
Hey you know how supra went from twin to single.. now okay imagine an exhaust manifold that bolts up to all 6 ports and then to a nice size big turbo (it will fit that way) the futur of the 335 will be a single turbo conversion with a lot of lag but a lot a lot of power.
yeah I know, its just there's more room in a supras engine bay. I really want to see a single turbo conversion, that'd be pretty cool. Turbo lag wouldn't be all that fun though- anyone every considered the fact that the stock compression ratio is 10.2:1 I'm not sure how much boost the motor will hold stock, even if it's already turbo- any ideas, speculations, etc?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #18
Oshin02

Quote:
yeah I know, its just there's more room in a supras engine bay. I really want to see a single turbo conversion, that'd be pretty cool. Turbo lag wouldn't be all that fun though- anyone every considered the fact that the stock compression ratio is 10.2:1 I'm not sure how much boost the motor will hold stock, even if it's already turbo- any ideas, speculations, etc?
The motor in the 335i (N54) is running a 10.2:1 compression ratio and is boosting 8.52 psi. I find this a negative when it comes about the timing side of tunnig. Basically, the 335i is a 330i/ci with a blower on it...

I am, CARBON MAN.....
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 AM   #19
jmweb

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
they are doing custom setups now
This is not true. AA is trying to get away from custom projects. It requires waaay to much time, effort and resources.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #20
MarvelPhx
www.my330i.com

My Ride: E92335i,04ZHP,99M3
Send a message via AIM to MarvelPhx
^^ What you say is true, cept for one HUGE difference... the DI head.