E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #41
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
Black is probably one of the nicest looking colors when kept clean but also one of the most difficult.
Whoever said to just take it to the local wash you're just asking for trouble. Black also shows all the fine scratches and swirl marks that you get on the car.
I wash all the cars myself and the restult always puts a smile on my face. It is time consuming but in the end I believe if it's worth it. If you use Zaino on your cars like I do it'll only take a quick 10-20 minute wash because you don't have to re-apply it everytime.
My car's white right now and I miss the amazing glow I got on my old Black C. Hope no one minds a non-BMW pic...
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #42
CAOSyAMOR

My Ride: 1) 2002 E46 2)///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayamana View Post
Tough question...

(-)
1. Hood chips are REALLY apparent
2. Scratches pop more
3. Gets dirty incredibly fast
4. Gets hot as **** inside during summer
5. Regular waxing completely necessary

(+)
1. For the hour that its clean it looks AMAZING

All in all... i think that other colors could be more practical and look equally as good. If its a show car well then by all means go black!
as far as alot of the negatives mentioned you can look at this in a positive manner.. You know where the chips are and when they happen, so rust sneaking up is not as much of a problem if you get on it! Same with scratches.. Yes it appears to get dirtier faster, but consider the fact that every car has this thin layer of dust and if you don't see it you may be more inclined to dragging your hands along the vehicle, thus causing more micro sratches. And you should have a regular maitenance schedule for your car including its paint, regardless of its color!

It is definitely a love/hate relationship with this color.. I have BSM, not JB, so maybe i'd be singing a different tune if I had JB.. But all in all I love my black car and I would definitely get black again!
Old 09-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #43
petertn

My Ride: 2004 M3
Black is a pian to keep clean & I said i wouldn't buy black again but recently my fiancee & i were in the market for an x5. Guess what color we bought? Now we have 2 jet black bimmers.
petertn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #44
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jet Black...when it's clean. The problem is that a JB daily driver and my stringent requirements for a constantly clean car are incompatible without a lot of TLC.

I think my next car will either be some shade of gray or AW.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #45
46_coupe

My Ride: is lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jet Black...when it's clean. The problem is that a JB daily driver and my stringent requirements for a constantly clean car are incompatible without a lot of TLC.

I think my next car will either be some shade of gray or AW.

my parents were looking at an 01' black MDX a few years ago....and i just scowled when i saw it because i KNEW i'd be the one cleaning it......the lexus is graphite gray pearl....which is a pearl paint that looks gunmetal/greyish in sunlight........and DARK DARK gray(even black) at night.

it's not as easy as silver for example to keep clean...but DEFINATELY easier than black

I'll NEVER own a jet black car.....maybe a carbon black or something else to make it SLIGHTLY easier to clean(heck even carbon black is pushing it )

"As soon as you're born, you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" - Cake
46_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #46
L73087

My Ride: 05Alpine 330CI ZHP
Alpine White
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #47
JmeC
Banned

My Ride: 2001 330iA
Black is nice when it's clean... but its gets dirty way too fast, and gets chipped way to easily (very noticeable).

Even then black is just so common that I'd rather get blue if I had to get something dark.

Red, Blue and White are awesome colors for BMW's... white especially.

I did however see some Bronzed BMW's and I was like omfg hot
JmeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 PM   #48
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name

My Ride: '07 E92 335i
i'd get black again, BMWs always look good in black. and if you get a metallic black paint ala cosmoschwarz or sapphire black, dust and the likes won't show as much as it will on non-metallic blacks such as jet black.

if i were to get a different color next time, it wouldn't be because black is too hard to keep clean, it'd simply be because i'd like a change

"if you wanna be king of the ring, this is the kind of car you should get" -M3 CSL
"there's no replacement for displacement" - only BMW ///M
BayerischeMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #49
kamalg79

My Ride: 04' M3 Coupe 6spd.
I wish I had a CB/Cinnamon M3. I was however blessed with a TSM/Grey M3. When I see a black one on the road, it still looks amazing. Lot more work with the black, but its gorgeous. I'm fixing to have to revitalize my moms E320 merc, 98' Its gonna be a pain, but then again I bought $450 bucks worth of stuff from detailed image, and I 'm gonna test it out on her car, before I touch the M.

Tint, 19 OEM Wheels, Dinan Intake, Dinan Exhaust, B&M Short Shifter, Dinan Stage 4 chip. Dinan Trottle Bodies, Dinan 3.91 LSD, BMW pedals. Clutch Stop. All weather mats and truck liner. Valentine 1. Painted reflectors, Color match foglight rings. Depo Smoked corners. Preditor Chromiums
kamalg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #50
BlackMarket

My Ride: 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BlackMarket
F u CK black NEVER AGAIN.
BlackMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #51
rovert

My Ride: Zaps Horse Poo!!
Send a message via ICQ to rovert Send a message via AIM to rovert Send a message via MSN to rovert Send a message via Yahoo to rovert
Black is so beautiful when cleaned and polished. But it is a very sensitive colour! Excuse my ambers....

Old 09-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #52
Tenchi
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist

My Ride: 330i, 535i
Send a message via AIM to Tenchi

Quote:
Stay away from FedEx if you want your packages delivered in one piece.
Tenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #53
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name

My Ride: '07 E92 335i
very nice picture Tenchi

"if you wanna be king of the ring, this is the kind of car you should get" -M3 CSL
"there's no replacement for displacement" - only BMW ///M
BayerischeMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #54
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
Ugh all these pics making me wish my Alpine White was black .
So sexy when clean .
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #55
Naz24

My Ride: 2004 X5 4.4
i live with a black bimmer, jsut wipe it down everyday with a wet microfiber, then dry it with a dry one, it works great and only takes like 15 min
Old 09-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #56
Jet330I

My Ride: 330i 5sp Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
i live with a black bimmer, jsut wipe it down everyday with a wet microfiber, then dry it with a dry one, it works great and only takes like 15 min
That's exactly what I do... I love Jet Black...

From E46 to 996 Carrera
Jet330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #57
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i have a metallic black sedan, even that is a bitch to keep clean. that and it isn't as shiny as black when waxed. so i went and got an AW coupe instead. love it, so easy to keep clean and looks awesome as well
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #58
Accordguyintake

My Ride: Fit Sport 5 spd.
Send a message via AIM to Accordguyintake
wow i just noticed two accord ricers in back of tenchi's picture.. nice! lol
Accordguyintake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #59
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
my sedan ALWAYS gets dirty....but when its clean ehehhehehehehe nothing can compete with it lol so yea i'd buy another black car
azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #60
Superhiro

My Ride: 2006 330ci ZHP
Mmmmmm love hate relationships

My last car was jet black and I too swore to get a different colored car the next time. My new car is a 2006 330ci JET BLACK!

and just like everybody says it's a pain in the ass to keep clean, scratches/chips etc. are much more visible etc etc etc. BUT I love my car, it looks amazing when it's clean and regardless of the color I would probably still be washing it every week and babying it like she deserves to be treated.

So if you like black don't let anything stop you from getting one!
Superhiro is offline   Reply With Quote