E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
GodSendsDeath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Clear Water
Posts: 661
My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
Whatever happend to the Turbo D/A car?

I tried to look for it but couldnt find the thread. What ever happend to that M3eater lol. Was that kit a flop or did it work out.
GodSendsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
crazy1323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis
Posts: 873
My Ride: '02 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to crazy1323
he made like 25 more HP to the rear wheels and has never been heard from again.
__________________
'02 330Ci
A Bimmer, a Porsche, and an old Dodge, I am too lazy to list and update.
crazy1323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
GodSendsDeath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Clear Water
Posts: 661
My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
Really 25HP, il take two plz
GodSendsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
clean-m-tech330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,024
My Ride: Technik 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to clean-m-tech330
they're waiting for parts...
__________________
'00 Honda Civic Si- B18c5 210whp- Sold-
'05 BMW 330Ci ZHP- Technik's ZHP - Sold
'06 Acura RSX-S- Sold
'07 Subaru Satin White Pearl STI - Garage Queen
'11 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Daily
clean-m-tech330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
M3WannaBEE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: CALI
Posts: 591
My Ride: 323ci SC'ed, M3
Send a message via AIM to M3WannaBEE
the poor guy has gone thru a bunch of bs for nothing....
M3WannaBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
vmwerks
Past Site Sponsor
 
vmwerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Valley Motorwerks
Posts: 3,632
My Ride: 330zhp Super Coupe
Send a message via AIM to vmwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WannaBEE View Post
the poor guy has gone thru a bunch of bs for nothing....
Exactly... he took more krap from board members than he should have. Hung had the car in my shop for some suspension work and to have us look at this turbo system. We WERE going to dyno his car but it was too low to get on our fixed ramps. We sent him over to a well known turbo shop a few blocks from us, Midnight Performance. While it was there Warren found that his boost controller was loose and consequently was not getting full boost. It takes ALOT of time to remove the turbo even in a shop with the proper tools. Hung decided to remove it himself and have Warren tweak it at his shop. When it is done, it will be tuned Warren, with PROVEN turbo experience. He has a Lexus SC300 that runs low 11's.
With Warren at the controls and doing the tuning the car should make some really good HP gains. The problem will be the stock internals and the plastic intake manifold. That said... it will be a while.

crazy1323: Grow up, stupid posts from people that don't know sh1t are ruining this board.
vmwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
GodSendsDeath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Clear Water
Posts: 661
My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
I dont think any one here blames Hung, i think we all give him props for all that work he did and try to make that mess of a kit work. Iam just pokin fun at Da-Motorsquirt thats all.
GodSendsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
vmwerks
Past Site Sponsor
 
vmwerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Valley Motorwerks
Posts: 3,632
My Ride: 330zhp Super Coupe
Send a message via AIM to vmwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath View Post
I dont think any one here blames Hung, i think we all give him props for all that work he did and try to make that mess of a kit work. Iam just pokin fun at Da-Motorsquirt thats all.
I understand... there were ALOT of people giving Hung grief.
vmwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #9
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,791
My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmwerks View Post
I understand... there were ALOT of people giving Hung grief.
Its just becuase people wanted the kit to work and Hung wasn't giving "full" comunication of what was going on.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
clean-m-tech330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,024
My Ride: Technik 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to clean-m-tech330
I'm sure it'll be finished soon. The whole situation sucks though, he won a kit that literally turned into a nightmare. What fun is that?
__________________
'00 Honda Civic Si- B18c5 210whp- Sold-
'05 BMW 330Ci ZHP- Technik's ZHP - Sold
'06 Acura RSX-S- Sold
'07 Subaru Satin White Pearl STI - Garage Queen
'11 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Daily
clean-m-tech330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #11
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,791
My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean-m-tech330 View Post
I'm sure it'll be finished soon. The whole situation sucks though, he won a kit that literally turned into a nightmare. What fun is that?
Look at how much he is going to have to invest in tuning this thing and buying the correct parts. He "won" a large bill to get a turbo on his car and prove that Mert was full of crap.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #12
clean-m-tech330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,024
My Ride: Technik 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to clean-m-tech330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign View Post
Look at how much he is going to have to invest in tuning this thing and buying the correct parts. He "won" a large bill to get a turbo on his car and prove that Mert was full of crap.

LOL, you're right, I just feel bad for him, I mean when has winning something ever been such a pain in the ass. Mert isn't full of crap, he just has no idea how to deal with the US market. I dont care how good the European market is, the US market is different. He obviously found this out the hardway and ended up only making a fool of himself and his company. I'm just stating the facts, if he knew what he was jumping into, much like hung, I think both may have gone different ways.
__________________
'00 Honda Civic Si- B18c5 210whp- Sold-
'05 BMW 330Ci ZHP- Technik's ZHP - Sold
'06 Acura RSX-S- Sold
'07 Subaru Satin White Pearl STI - Garage Queen
'11 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Daily
clean-m-tech330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #13
vmwerks
Past Site Sponsor
 
vmwerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Valley Motorwerks
Posts: 3,632
My Ride: 330zhp Super Coupe
Send a message via AIM to vmwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign View Post
Look at how much he is going to have to invest in tuning this thing and buying the correct parts. He "won" a large bill to get a turbo on his car and prove that Mert was full of crap.
What parts are you referring to? Have you ever seen this kit in person or installed on the car? The base maps are supplied with the kit... Warren was able to tweak them a bit until Hung's laptop battery died. Again I do not understand all the hostility. I am not saying that this was easy for Hung but he did get alot of expensive parts and equipment for free. I don't hear him complaining?
FWIW Hung is a good guy but he is not a BMW tech or even a trained mechanic and his shop was not setup for this type of work, trust me, if we did the install it would have been done differently.
vmwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:28 AM   #14
crazy1323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis
Posts: 873
My Ride: '02 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to crazy1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmwerks View Post
Exactly... he took more krap from board members than he should have. Hung had the car in my shop for some suspension work and to have us look at this turbo system. We WERE going to dyno his car but it was too low to get on our fixed ramps. We sent him over to a well known turbo shop a few blocks from us, Midnight Performance. While it was there Warren found that his boost controller was loose and consequently was not getting full boost. It takes ALOT of time to remove the turbo even in a shop with the proper tools. Hung decided to remove it himself and have Warren tweak it at his shop. When it is done, it will be tuned Warren, with PROVEN turbo experience. He has a Lexus SC300 that runs low 11's.
With Warren at the controls and doing the tuning the car should make some really good HP gains. The problem will be the stock internals and the plastic intake manifold. That said... it will be a while.

crazy1323: Grow up, stupid posts from people that don't know sh1t are ruining this board.
I was not trying to rail on hung or anything. i was rooting for him to get this kit finished. I was simply stating facts, When he dyno'ed the car (with the boost leak) he made a 25 HP gain at the rear wheels. He had since not posted the condition of the car therefore we must assume that the kit is only proven to make 25rwhp over stock. If you have other dyno numbers i know alot of people on the boards, including myself, would love to see a proven, bolt-on turbo kit.
__________________
'02 330Ci
A Bimmer, a Porsche, and an old Dodge, I am too lazy to list and update.
crazy1323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:32 AM   #15
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,791
My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmwerks View Post
What parts are you referring to? Have you ever seen this kit in person or installed on the car? The base maps are supplied with the kit... Warren was able to tweak them a bit until Hung's laptop battery died. Again I do not understand all the hostility. I am not saying that this was easy for Hung but he did get alot of expensive parts and equipment for free. I don't hear him complaining?
FWIW Hung is a good guy but he is not a BMW tech or even a trained mechanic and his shop was not setup for this type of work, trust me, if we did the install it would have been done differently.
The intercooler piping didn't even line up (at least according to what he posted) and he had to get new piping, he never posted that he actually got instructions, but rather that he just got it put together, so I'm not sure if he got help elseware or if Mert helped him there. His own posting said that they didn't use the base map as the final tuning from that dyno run, and so we are again, left to assume the base map wasn't an adequite tune.

I wasn't saying he didn't get a lot of expensive parts or that he wasn't a good guy or anything of that nature. Mert just clearly didn't have a bolt on kit with proper instructions that was ready to ship.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use