E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
IFX

My Ride: M156
School Loans (Again)

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/s...110811668.html

and this is why they can't pay back their loans.

Personally, i currently revel in the fact that these idiots are drowning in debt and are probably going to die with it because of their decisions. These are the same kids with "FSU" framed license plates repping their colleges. As if they give a **** about the students.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #2
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Why you hating so much, brah?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
IFX

it's annoying to hear these bitch ass kids bitch. hating on kids who have debt? Nahhhhh son
Old 05-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #4
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Why didn't you just add this to the student loan thread?
- Offend our inclusive values, we'll exclude you.
- We will not tolerate challenges to our ideal of tolerance.
- We seek diversity of appearance, but uniformity of thought.
- We always want to start a dialogue, unless we find your opinion unacceptable, then we'll silence you.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
TynWarrior

My Ride: '01 325 vert
The "school spirit" bothers the hell out of me. When I was in college I used to cringe at the kids wearing/buying school apparel. First off, is nothing like paying to be a walking billboard. Second, how ****ing brainwashed are you to be so in love with the place that is clearly taking us (most of us) for a ride.

The kids doing sports are the worst culprits of this, literally head to toe in school apparel, no matter where they go or what are doing
Old 05-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #6
IFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Why didn't you just add this to the student loan thread?

i didn't feel like.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #7
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
Quote:
Originally Posted by TynWarrior View Post
The "school spirit" bothers the hell out of me. When I was in college I used to cringe at the kids wearing/buying school apparel. First off, is nothing like paying to be a walking billboard. Second, how ****ing brainwashed are you to be so in love with the place that is clearly taking us (most of us) for a ride.

The kids doing sports are the worst culprits of this, literally head to toe in school apparel, no matter where they go or what are doing
Lol you sound like a riot to hang out with
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:

You mean, like scholarship athletes that are getting their education for free for representing the school in their chosen sport?

Damn them for wearing school logos on their clothes.
- Offend our inclusive values, we'll exclude you.
- We will not tolerate challenges to our ideal of tolerance.
- We seek diversity of appearance, but uniformity of thought.
- We always want to start a dialogue, unless we find your opinion unacceptable, then we'll silence you.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
TynWarrior

Those would be an exception.
Buy very few kids at my school(s) had athletic scholarships. I played soccer a few years and I think some of my team mates actually didn't have any other cloths to wear haha
Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #10
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Quote:
Those would be an exception.
Buy very few kids at my school(s) had athletic scholarships. I played soccer a few years and I think some of my team mates actually didn't have any other cloths to wear haha
This is America. No one plays soccer.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 PM   #11
TynWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFreeman View Post
This is America. No one plays soccer.
No joke, half my team was international students. They only kept us Americans on the team, because of some rule/legal reason, where they have to have a certain % of U.S. citizens. That way coaches won't stack the teams entirely with brazilians.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #12
pakman3

My Ride: piece
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
These are the same kids with "FSU" framed license plates repping their colleges

u mad

Old 05-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #13
bimmerfan08

My Ride: F

Quote:
A graduate of Texas A&M University-Commerce, Eric Hazard would receive a check of $4,000 to $5,000 after the lender paid the school for tuition. The checks "were celebrated across the campus as almost like a bonus for being a college kid," he recalled. "[Students] would go directly to the bank to cash it. I bought electronics for my dorm room and drinks were on me for a month or two. In an abstract way, I knew I would have to pay it back. But you don't have a timeline in your mind about what that was going to look like. I just knew it would happen later."
"In any system with finite resources and infinite expansion of population—like your business, or like all of humanity—innovation is essential for not only success but also survival. The innovators are our leaders. You cannot separate the two. Whether it is by thought, technology or organization, innovation is our only hope to solve our challenges."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:43 AM   #14
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
yolo
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:09 AM   #15
TIHZ TA3

My Ride: Elise SC
Quote:

You're going to have a challenging life
Old 05-23-2016, 06:51 AM   #16
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIHZ TA3 View Post
You're going to have a challenging life
This.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:54 AM   #17
TynWarrior

With increase in wisdom, comes increase in sorrow.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:59 AM   #18
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Quote:
Undergraduates finishing college in 2014 owed an average of $28,950 in student debt, the result of loans taken out to cover both tuition and living expenses.
This is the thing that kills me... the average student owes less money than the cost of buying a new Honda Accord and somehow "students are drowning in student loan debt" is a recurring theme in the media?? They should be paying this **** off in 3-5 years, not pretending like college is an expense that is so high that these kids need to have the debt they voluntarily incurred forgiven by the government.

/rant off
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #19
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman3 View Post
u mad
Yup

flickher

Want something 3D printed? PM me

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:55 AM   #20
Astheros

My Ride: BMW
so you are judging an entire country of college graduates based on one click bait article? i am one of those that have been paying off student loans for 10 years (give or take due to deferment)
going to college for me was prob a mistake as i could have done a lot more with the money i am paying every month but i dont regret it because it was a great experience and i was the FIRST ever in my
immediate and extended family that went to college and to a top school on top of that. having said that, in the beginning it was very tough to pay the loans because of low paying jobs. i came into the economy
when things were just about to get tough. i have always paid my loans on time so i have no issues there. i dont necessariy believe that loans needs to be waived but i do believe the following.

if Wall Street can get bailed out and given federal loans at 0% interest then why cant they do with that people paying student loans. how do you justify free money to wall street but not to your own citizens?
i would love a 0% rate for the next 3 years. though i will prob be done before then.

its funny how people in their self righterousness forget that back in the day you could go to college while working a regular job and pay out of pocket. college costs have risen exponentially while the avg economy of the
american household has stagnated if not dropped.

this is not such a simple issue as saying "stupid kids are dumb" but i guess everything is easier when you just point a finger and the politicians continue to bend us over.

Last edited by Astheros; 05-23-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote