E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Toronto is Amazing

Is there an american city where you can get this kind of vibe outside of NY?

I love it here, how walk-able it is, how big it is, how pretty all the girls are and how many of them there are, how clean it is, the lack of street people bothering you or thugs making people scared. I love the Canadian culture here, mainly how polite it is and how much they care for others well being (ie: universal healthcare). There was a guy passed out on the street(looked homeless) and someone called the ambulance..I've never seen that in ATL or LA..

Police presence isn't near as prominent as I thought it would be, but I guess it isn't really needed. Construction is insane, I guess they don't build stuff in the winter but good lord the amount of cranes I see is insane.

Reminds me of a way bigger Chicago, but everyone is more polite. I'm just curious if there is an american counterpart to this, LA certainly didn't do it.

Last edited by yousharenow; 06-08-2012 at 06:41 PM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
someone hasnt read that thread about the canadian killer yet lol

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Not an american counterpart, but I've heard tokyo is similarly amazing, like an uber clean NYC.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
snowie007

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
someone hasnt read that thread about the canadian killer yet lol
That's in Montreal
snowie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
If you want hotter girls...way hotter girls: Montreal.

The vibe you speak of is any major city in Canada really.

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
One of my favorite vacations was a week just hanging out in Toronto, we had so much fun. It just seemed like a beautiful city where people are friendly and everything makes sense.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Toronto, eh?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Stankia

My Ride: V8
Chicago is bigger than Toronto.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
sick.boy1986

My Ride: ///M3
Vancouver, BC is very nice as well. If you're ever there be sure to check out Granville St. for all the bars and clubs.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
If you want hotter girls...way hotter girls: Montreal.

The vibe you speak of is any major city in Canada really.
Toronto has hotter hipster girls though

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Toronto has hotter hipster girls though
Hipster girls are so 2011

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
Yea baby tdot!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Never been there but I want to go, I absolutely love Vancouver though for the same reason you mentioned.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
yousharenow

I've always loved Chicago for the sports and teh city itself. But Toronto is just the cleaner version, and everyone is so polite..its almost a culture shock coming from the Southern US. How big and clean and walk-able this city are major pluses for me, the downtown core of buildings seems similar to Chicago, but with nicer people and less street trash(people and litter).

Canada seems to do stuff that aligns with the rest of the world that the US seems too retarded to figure out. From pot legislation, gay marriage, the people's attitudes alone..like I live in the nice part of ATL and can walk the streets for about 2 miles before it gets to the hood and you get hassled(same is true in Chicago). Here I can walk forever in all directions at all times of the night and never have to deal with that. It's like they nailed all the police nice human beings here.

Buddy and I are half way though our 6 day stretch here and we got a hotel in northern downtown. I LOVE how walk-able it all is, I like the public transit here (way bigger, privately funded like MARTA, runs 24/7 etc).
Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Where are you staying. Torontonian checking in
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
triniboy18

My Ride: 2000 323 Ci
T dot rules all, I always loved how everyone knows about other cultures. And most people are chill.
triniboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I've always loved Chicago for the sports and teh city itself. But Toronto is just the cleaner version, and everyone is so polite..its almost a culture shock coming from the Southern US. How big and clean and walk-able this city are major pluses for me, the downtown core of buildings seems similar to Chicago, but with nicer people and less street trash(people and litter).

Canada seems to do stuff that aligns with the rest of the world that the US seems too retarded to figure out. From pot legislation, gay marriage, the people's attitudes alone..like I live in the nice part of ATL and can walk the streets for about 2 miles before it gets to the hood and you get hassled(same is true in Chicago). Here I can walk forever in all directions at all times of the night and never have to deal with that. It's like they nailed all the police nice human beings here.

Buddy and I are half way though our 6 day stretch here and we got a hotel in northern downtown. I LOVE how walk-able it all is, I like the public transit here (way bigger, privately funded like MARTA, runs 24/7 etc).
If you're having trouble with that then maybe you should be in a different part of ATL... San Francisco is safe through and through, the worst it gets is the tenderloin, which is just a bunch of harmless bums. Now cross the bay bridge and you have a different story.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
yousharenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
If you're having trouble with that then maybe you should be in a different part of ATL... San Francisco is safe through and through, the worst it gets is the tenderloin, which is just a bunch of harmless bums. Now cross the bay bridge and you have a different story.
Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, all of them. San Francisco isn't this large, and the people aren't this polite. I like SF but people are up their own asses too much..TO people are just genuinely nicer people, or at least they come off that way.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
///MACHINE

My Ride: is an immigrant
Vancouverite here and I agree with OP... people in Toronto are great!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #20
MagicFan

My Ride: 2013 Subaru Legacy
I'm gonna be in Toronto next month for my bday. I turn 21

11/23/14 at Survivor Series it finally happened...

MagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote