E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #5041
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I would have bought a proper razor before a brush, but that's just me
its the fusion proglide... its true but the brush actually provides extra performance over using hands, while if i bought a fancy razor handle its just for show...
im more about function > form imho

Last edited by VillanovaGrad; 08-08-2011 at 08:57 PM.
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #5042
VillanovaGrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I wasn't aware that asians shaved enough to warrant a nice lather brush
i shave like 2x a day to ensure that i continue to look like im 15
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #5043
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
its the fusion proglide... its true but the brush actually provides extra performance over using hands, while if i bought a fancy razor handle its just for show...
im more about function > form imho
I was referring to a safety razor, IE: ditching the mass produced one and getting something better.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #5044
VillanovaGrad

Quote:
I was referring to a safety razor, IE: ditching the mass produced one and getting something better.
well... the proglide is readily available, cheap, disposable, etc etc..
boutique stuff have too much maintenance...
or am i off track?
what do you recommend then?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #5045
imolazhp_ci

My Ride: metro.
Quote:
I would have bought a proper razor before a brush, but that's just me
straight up. i swore by DE's. but gilette did it right with the fusion. wonderful, wonderful razor. plus the razor is literally the least important part of the shave... as long as the blade is sharp and you prep properly you'll get a good shave. nothing i have ever used has ever been as close as the fusion with a single stroke. one stroke shave with the fusion is equivalent to a full straight razor or 2-3 strokes on a DE. and i use the japanese feather razors on my DE which are some of the sharpest around.

Last edited by imolazhp_ci; 08-08-2011 at 09:14 PM.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #5046
imolazhp_ci

with that said, i've been through every brand with shaving. my current setup is a fusion razor with musgo real preshave oil. proraso cream and baxter of california aftershave. i've found nothing better and i'm certain i've used it all. truefitt, DR harris, taylors, all of it. if you want a single product line, musgo real is the best for all three products, bar none: oil, cream, aftershave balm.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #5047
tmank87

My Ride: 2002 330i
Send a message via AIM to tmank87
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
with that said, i've been through every brand with shaving. my current setup is a fusion razor with musgo real preshave oil. proraso cream and baxter of california aftershave. i've found nothing better and i'm certain i've used it all. truefitt, DR harris, taylors, all of it. if you want a single product line, musgo real is the best for all three products, bar none: oil, cream, aftershave balm.
Will you link what items you use? I would really appreciate it!
tmank87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #5048
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63

my car didn't have a spare
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #5049
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Adidas Greenstar Z's

Pristine Clean

Chemical Guys wheel cleaner

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #5050
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Browning Hi-Power 9mm magazines

Uncle Mikes Range Bag (ignore the "stuff")

EarPro ear plugs

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #5051
SLVR JDM

^Do you shoot over at Bull's Eye? I used to be a member there, but their rules are getting out of hand.

** Removed **
Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #5052
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
^Do you shoot over at Bull's Eye? I used to be a member there, but their rules are getting out of hand.
I do....they're my FFL dealer. I've got a couple of things coming their way in the next week. It's been a while since I've used their range, though....have things changed? Where do you go instead?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #5053
SLVR JDM

Quote:
I do....they're my FFL dealer. I've got a couple of things coming their way in the next week. It's been a while since I've used their range, though....have things changed? Where do you go instead?
Changes were probably a 12-18 months ago. You used to be able to shoot whatever you want (whether a member or not). Then they said non-members couldn't shoot rifles over a .22LR. I regularly would take my friends to shoot and it ticked me off that they changed that. Then they said members couldn't shoot over a .22LR, so I let my membership expire.

There were a variety of other small things that irritated me too, mostly the range jockey at the desk. Jimmy (short / stocky, young guy) is a cool guy, but they put some mall ninja type up there now. He's a douche and gives everyone a hard time for no good reason.

I know they have to weed out the thugs/gangsters that come in there, but the new range guy was giving me crap and I was there every week as a member...I was a familiar face.

Haven't found a suitable replacement. Top Gun is nice, but it is in Arnold (far from me).

I've been wanting to check out UDM (http://www.udrange.com/). Seems like what I'm looking for, but it is in St. Peters. Since it is about 15 minutes from my parents, I may go with my dad to check it out.

** Removed **
Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #5054
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Changes were probably a 12-18 months ago. You used to be able to shoot whatever you want (whether a member or not). Then they said non-members couldn't shoot rifles over a .22LR. I regularly would take my friends to shoot and it ticked me off that they changed that. Then they said members couldn't shoot over a .22LR, so I let my membership expire.

There were a variety of other small things that irritated me too, mostly the range jockey at the desk. Jimmy (short / stocky, young guy) is a cool guy, but they put some mall ninja type up there now. He's a douche and gives everyone a hard time for no good reason.

I know they have to weed out the thugs/gangsters that come in there, but the new range guy was giving me crap and I was there every week as a member...I was a familiar face.

Haven't found a suitable replacement. Top Gun is nice, but it is in Arnold (far from me).

I've been wanting to check out UDM (http://www.udrange.com/). Seems like what I'm looking for, but it is in St. Peters. Since it is about 15 minutes from my parents, I may go with my dad to check it out.

Huh....well that kinda blows. I only have one rifle but I don't intend on firing it very often (A++ condition Valmet 412s). I'll only really use their range for firing pistols.

I've been out to Top Gun once, and as a city resident, it's farrrrrrrr away, lol. Nice place, but I can't justify the 30-45 minute one-way drive. Maybe we should get a St. Louis range day together?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #5055
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Huh....well that kinda blows. I only have one rifle but I don't intend on firing it very often (A++ condition Valmet 412s). I'll only really use their range for firing pistols.

I've been out to Top Gun once, and as a city resident, it's farrrrrrrr away, lol. Nice place, but I can't justify the 30-45 minute one-way drive. Maybe we should get a St. Louis range day together?
Yep, I'm down for that. Just need to figure out where to go

** Removed **
Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #5056
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmank87 View Post
Will you link what items you use? I would really appreciate it!
you got it.

1. Musgo Real Pre-Shave Oil
- Expensive but should last you a year or longer depending on how often you shave.
https://www.detailsformen.com/Produc...?ProductID=916

2. Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol Shaving Cream
- Great stuff. They also make it in a Shaving Soap if you wish to use a badger brush and a foam if you like that better but I don't care for foams.
https://www.detailsformen.com/Produc...?ProductID=979

3. Baxter of California After-Shave Balm
- Also, not terribly cheap but should last a very long time.
https://www.detailsformen.com/Produc...?ProductID=526

With all of these products, remember: a little goes a very long way.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #5057
tmank87

My Ride: 2002 330i
Send a message via AIM to tmank87
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
you got it.

1. Musgo Real Pre-Shave Oil
- Expensive but should last you a year or longer depending on how often you shave.
https://www.detailsformen.com/Produc...?ProductID=916

2. Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol Shaving Cream
- Great stuff. They also make it in a Shaving Soap if you wish to use a badger brush and a foam if you like that better but I don't care for foams.
https://www.detailsformen.com/Produc...?ProductID=979

3. Baxter of California After-Shave Balm
- Also, not terribly cheap but should last a very long time.
https://www.detailsformen.com/Produc...?ProductID=526

With all of these products, remember: a little goes a very long way.
Thanks a lot! I use Proraso right now, but I didn't have a good quality aftershave. Do you recommend using a good preshave oil as well? How do you recommend using it?
tmank87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #5058
imolazhp_ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmank87 View Post
Thanks a lot! I use Proraso right now, but I didn't have a good quality aftershave. Do you recommend using a good preshave oil as well? How do you recommend using it?
to me the pre-shave oil makes the biggest difference. so yes, i very much recommend it. i take a hot towel, leave it on my face for a minute, splash my face with hot water, mix a dime size of oil in my hands and then massage it into my face for a good minute or two. apply cream. shave, multiple short strokes, never shave long strokes across your face. rinse. aftershave.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #5059
Tutankhamon

My Ride: '02 Individual 330ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tutankhamon Send a message via AIM to Tutankhamon Send a message via MSN to Tutankhamon
My recent purchase now that it's 90% built and ready Appliances are all in and furniture shopping is underway!

New breakfast area table and chairs in the kitchen, also got matching bar stools for the breakfast counter.

Living room is next.

Last edited by Tutankhamon; 08-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Tutankhamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #5060
Kwando

My Ride: rolls Volks TE-37SL
Nice buy! What part of the GTA? I've been looking but everything's so damn expensive.