E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 82 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #5841
mestupmonkydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oregon, WI
Posts: 677
My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
That's awesome!
Yeah. I was like . when I saw it all.
mestupmonkydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #5842
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,219
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #5843
VillanovaGrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Villanova
Posts: 960
My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
why the hell are people wearing these in the gym now instead of regular trainers?
__________________
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #5844
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Because they're healthier for your knees when running and just in general. A guy I work with has a doctors note to wear them as often as possible for his back problems
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #5845
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
My man


Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
why the hell are people wearing these in the gym now instead of regular trainers?
Because they're fantastic.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #5846
330CK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 299
My Ride: > your ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Because they're healthier for your knees when running and just in general. A guy I work with has a doctors note to wear them as often as possible for his back problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
My man




Because they're fantastic.

They really are awesome. The most comfortable pair of shoes I own and have owned.
330CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #5847
VillanovaGrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Villanova
Posts: 960
My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Because they're healthier for your knees when running and just in general. A guy I work with has a doctors note to wear them as often as possible for his back problems
so thats why professional athletes all wear trainers in the gym?
you know if someone is new and grants magic, the top pros will probably jump on it first.
__________________
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #5848
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
so thats why professional athletes all wear trainers in the gym?
you know if someone is new and grants magic, the top pros will probably jump on it first.
if i told you that a $30 shirt will fit you better and is made out of better materials , your mom will still insist on buying you d&g and the likes.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #5849
VillanovaGrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Villanova
Posts: 960
My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
if i told you that a $30 shirt will fit you better and is made out of better materials , your mom will still insist on buying you d&g and the likes.

its called laws of supply and demand.
you cant supply something thats good for a fractional of the price ..
its simple economics

i think those shoes look retarded thats all... i dont care how good they are for your feet and knees
__________________
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #5850
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post

its called laws of supply and demand.
you cant supply something thats good for a fractional of the price ..
its simple economics
You can when the competitors are marking up their products more than they should be. You still make a decent profit while undercutting the other guys

Quote:
i think those shoes look retarded thats all... i dont care how good they are for your feet and knees
We know. All you care about is looks; screw utility, right? "Yeah, my knees are blown out from running, but have you seen how good I look in these new shoes?!"
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #5851
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
You can when the competitors are marking up their products more than they should be. You still make a decent profit while undercutting the other guys

We know. All you care about is looks; screw utility, right? "Yeah, my knees are blown out from running, but have you seen how good I look in these new shoes?!"
thank you.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #5852
VillanovaGrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Villanova
Posts: 960
My Ride: M3 M5 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
We know. All you care about is looks; screw utility, right? "Yeah, my knees are blown out from running, but have you seen how good I look in these new shoes?!"
dude, a lot of african dudes enter competitions barefeet
knee blown out = probably split between due to bad form and actual asphalt pounding ...
but i dont run on asphalt, i run on grass or syn turf
__________________
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #5853
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 817
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
My man




Because they're fantastic.
+10000. I was skeptical at first but they are amazing to run in. I wish they were around when I was running x-country in highschool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post

its called laws of supply and demand.
you cant supply something thats good for a fractional of the price ..
its simple economics
With smarts like that, who needs business school?
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #5854
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,219
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
yeah just worked out with them. they really are amazing. and athletes wear trainers instead because vibrams are pretty hard to find. they are sold in big chain stores. its usually online or smaller stores. my gf bought me these from takken's shoes in the northridge mall.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #5855
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
so thats why professional athletes all wear trainers in the gym?
you know if someone is new and grants magic, the top pros will probably jump on it first.
Your understanding of athleticism is laughable. Truly laughable.

When we want input on what it's like to be a spoiled little b*tch who pretends to be successful himself and derives self worth from labels attached to clothes, we'll request your expert opinion. Leave the commentary on athleticism to others.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #5856
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post

its called laws of supply and demand.
you cant supply something thats good for a fractional of the price ..
its simple economics

i think those shoes look retarded thats all... i dont care how good they are for your feet and knees
no. it isn't. "it's called" cross elasticity. so... you're wrong. i'd assume someone with such an exceptional investment acumen would understand "simple economics."
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #5857
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
no. it isn't. "it's called" cross elasticity. so... you're wrong. i'd assume someone with such an exceptional investment acumen would understand "simple economics."
Now we know why he has to have his parents bribe his grad school to let him in
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #5858
Five_seveN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 24,547
My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post

its called laws of supply and demand.
you cant supply something thats good for a fractional of the price ..
its simple economics

i think those shoes look retarded thats all... i dont care how good they are for your feet and knees
villa nova
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I'm having a hard time imagining any set of responses that ends with anyone expressing admiration for Marshmallow.

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #5859
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
edwin jagger light horn 3 piece shaving set. yes, i know it's purely cosmetic and does nothing special functionally speaking but:

a. it's beautiful and dresses up my bathroom nicely.
b. it was on sale because it was the last one the store had, and therefore really cheap (compared to msrp).

(i don't know why the photo is loading sideways. it's not like that on my computer.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manhattan-20110917-00041.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	417357  
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #5860
BruceWonder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 2,211
My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
edwin jagger light horn 3 piece shaving set. yes, i know it's purely cosmetic and does nothing special functionally speaking but:

a. it's beautiful and dresses up my bathroom nicely.
b. it was on sale because it was the last one the store had, and therefore really cheap (compared to msrp).

(i don't know why the photo is loading sideways. it's not like that on my computer.)
I really need to get a set of these, been using those costco cheap mach 3 plastic ones
__________________
BruceWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use