E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #1
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Guy carries AR-15 into Atlanta Airport.

"My philosophy as a businessman has always been to take care of the people who make me successful. It has always been "we" in my business conversations with others. At a certain point in a successful business it behooves one to make sure those doing a good job of supporting you are not struggling to make ends meet."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 06-06-2015 at 08:49 AM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #2
Fergo
Banned User

My Ride: still a gay 135i
I feel bad for his daughter.

****ing redneck mouth breathing sibling ****er.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
Stankia

My Ride: V8
lol isn't the airport a private property?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Guys carries AR-15 into Atlanta Airport. JonJon will be proud.

Oh boy. Another gun thread in the making

Last edited by MDydinanM; 06-05-2015 at 05:28 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #5
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
lol isn't the airport a private property?
See below

Quote:
The only airports, or portions of airports, eligible for AIP funding are public use airports that serve civil aviation. The definition for airports in the law refers to any area of land or water used or intended for landing or takeoff of aircraft. This includes, within the five categories of airports listed below, special types of facilities including seaplane bases, heliports, and facilities to accommodate tilt rotor aircraft. An airport includes an appurtenant area used or intended for airport buildings, facilities, as well as rights of way together with the buildings and facilities.

The law defines airports by categories of airport activities, including commercial service, primary, cargo service, reliever, and general aviation airports, as shown below:
Definition of Airport Categories

1. Commercial Service Airports are publicly owned airports that have at least 2,500 passenger boardings each calendar year and receive scheduled passenger service. Passenger boardings refer to revenue passenger boardings on an aircraft in service in air commerce whether or not in scheduled service. The definition also includes passengers who continue on an aircraft in international flight that stops at an airport in any of the 50 States for a non-traffic purpose, such as refueling or aircraft maintenance rather than passenger activity. Passenger boardings at airports that receive scheduled passenger service are also referred to as Enplanements.

1A. Nonprimary Commercial Service Airports are Commercial Service Airports that have at least 2,500 and no more than 10,000 passenger boardings each year.

1B. Primary Airports are Commercial Service Airports that have more than 10,000 passenger boardings each year. Hub categories for Primary Airports are defined as a percentage of total passenger boardings within the United States in the most current calendar year ending before the start of the current fiscal year. For example, calendar year 2001 data are used for fiscal year 2003 since the fiscal year began 9 months after the end of that calendar year. The table below depicts the formulae used for the definition of airport categories based on statutory provisions cited within the table, including Hub Type described in 49 USC 47102.

2. Cargo Service Airports are airports that, in addition to any other air transportation services that may be available, are served by aircraft providing air transportation of only cargo with a total annual landed weight of more than 100 million pounds. "Landed weight" means the weight of aircraft transporting only cargo in intrastate, interstate, and foreign air transportation. An airport may be both a commercial service and a cargo service airport.

3. Reliever Airports are airports designated by the FAA to relieve congestion at Commercial Service Airports and to provide improved general aviation access to the overall community. These may be publicly or privately-owned.

4. The remaining airports, while not specifically defined in Title 49 USC, are commonly described as General Aviation Airports. This airport type is the largest single group of airports in the U.S. system. The category also includes privately owned, public use airports that enplane 2500 or more passengers annually and receive scheduled airline service. The airport privatization pilot program authorized under Title 49 U.S.C., Section 47134, may affect individual general aviation airports. Under this program, some private rather than public ownership provisions are allowed, and questions on it should be directed to the Airport Compliance Division.
http://www.faa.gov/airports/planning...ts/categories/

"My philosophy as a businessman has always been to take care of the people who make me successful. It has always been "we" in my business conversations with others. At a certain point in a successful business it behooves one to make sure those doing a good job of supporting you are not struggling to make ends meet."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 06-05-2015 at 06:31 AM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #6
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Is this what unemployed people do in their free time
Old 06-05-2015, 06:58 AM   #7
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Is this what unemployed people do in their free time
no , unemployed people loot the nike store.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #8
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
He's a tool who got exactly what he wanted, attention. If his goal was to ensure the LEOs working the airport understood the law there are much better, and less confrontational, ways to do so. Sending a photo of you and your daughter in the airport while you have an AR slung across your body doesn't help, it just proves the actual motive was to get attention.
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #9
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
I have to applaud all of the officers in that video as they were polite and courteous. The guy was obviously expecting a different reaction, and didn't seem to know what to do when he didn't get the reaction that he wanted and then just started rambling.

While I fully understand the intent, I'm mostly disapointed when I see these videos pop up as they tend to give gun owners a bad name. There is a time, place, and way to go about educating the public and unfortunately most choose poorly.

Last edited by Serbonze; 06-05-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #10
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
People like this reflect poorly on us normal, non-attention whore gun owners.

Present
2011 BMW 335d - die kohle rollen
Past
2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

1-22-2015 2-45-09 PM
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #11
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Exactly.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #12
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
gun rights attention whores are the worst.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #13
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
gun rights attention whores are the worst.

i agree. they are slightly worse than the attention whore atheists and vegans.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #14
Grande D

My Ride: M3, 328i
Oooh he really showed them. Scaring the shit out of all of the families in the airport for no reason at all.

Love how the officer in the last video just stops paying attention to him.

"All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Last edited by Grande D; 06-05-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #15
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i agree. they are slightly worse than the attention whore atheists and vegans.
i don't think AW atheists and vegans scare families with kids just trying to eat lunch.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #16
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
i don't think AW atheists and vegans scare families with kids just trying to eat lunch.
you clearly haven't been to williamsburg , brooklyn.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #17
Show me

My Ride: 330 Vert
ITT: People actually understand the difference between "allowed to" and "compelled to". I may have to leave the internets for the rest of the day before the stupid reemerges.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #18
Cheapbimmer

My Ride: 330ci
Friggen idiot.

There are rights and there is common sense. The world would be a much better place if both were exercised equally.

Last edited by Cheapbimmer; 06-05-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Cheapbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #19
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbimmer View Post
Friggen idiot.

There are rights and there is common sense. The world would be a much better place if both were exercised equally.

And this.

Dude was a JO looking for attention to boost his YouTube rep. I'm all about gun rights but seriously? Guy was looking to cause a scene for the sake of causing a scene. Too bad there wasn't a Gecko45 version of Budweiser's Real American Heroes series. This guy would fit the bill perfectly.

"Reeeeal American heroes......Mr. Overzealous AR owner!!"
Old 06-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #20
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.