E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
jaewonder

My Ride: 13 Cooper S
Can't fully extend my arm due to stiffness and soreness

I recently hit the gym after a 2 month rest and started off with my normal bicep/forearm routine and when I woke up the next day...I could not fully extend my left arm. The furthest my left arm would extend was about 120% and it's still at 120% three days later. I keep stretching it out against a wall but man it's sore/stiff as hell! I've been working out for over two years and this has never happened... Maybe I hit it too hard...

Has this happened to anyone? Any tips to relieve the stiffness?

Last edited by jaewonder; 09-22-2006 at 02:03 AM.
jaewonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
M3bluewater

My Ride: 95 M3
Send a message via AIM to M3bluewater
I wish my biceps would become sore, b/c it feels like I didnt even hit them after I raped the **** out of them in the gym.

You mean 120 degrees, not 120%, right?

As for relief, if its that bad take some advil, get in a hot bath and stretch after that. works, *used* to work for me
M3bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
jaewonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3bluewater View Post
I wish my biceps would become sore, b/c it feels like I didnt even hit them after I raped the **** out of them in the gym.

As for relief, if its that bad take some advil, get in a hot bath and stretch after that. works, *used* to work for me
ahh lol yeahh i've never been this sore or stiff after a bicep workout haha. yeah I meant 120 degrees, not 120%. It was late at night when I made the thread so haha. Mmm I'll try taking some advil and taking a hot bath tonight. I might even try some epson salt therapy haha.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
My guess is you hit it too hard, thats all. Happened to me once as well after a long break. Took like a week for it to get better

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
VAMZ

My Ride: ///M3
Send a message via Yahoo to VAMZ
yo i have this happen to me when i hit it hard too

1. get a towel and soak it with a lot of water
2. put it in the microwave for about 40-45
3. let it cool for just a bit (when it comes out its super hot) and wrap it around your arm wherever its sore.
4. try stretching it out

it usually takes a day or two to completely loose your soreness. did u strectch after ur workout?
VAMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3bluewater View Post

just remember just cause you arent sore doesnt mean you didnt get a good workout
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
jaewonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMZ View Post
yo i have this happen to me when i hit it hard too

1. get a towel and soak it with a lot of water
2. put it in the microwave for about 40-45
3. let it cool for just a bit (when it comes out its super hot) and wrap it around your arm wherever its sore.
4. try stretching it out

it usually takes a day or two to completely loose your soreness. did u strectch after ur workout?
I'll try that too. I always stretch before I work out, during my workout, and afterwards. But the night after I worked out, I woke up laying ontop of my left arm curled up...so that could have been a factor too.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #8
JC7727

My Ride: 01 330i
Send a message via AIM to JC7727
Happened to me when I hit the gym for the first time ever a few years ago, I was in pain washing my hair in the shower, it will get better. Also after going back to the gym after missing a long time.

FOR SALE: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417026
JC7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:23 AM   #9
46_coupe

My Ride: is lame
hot showers usually did me good when i had stiffness/soreness in my lower back try that

"As soon as you're born, you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" - Cake
46_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #10
flush01

My Ride: 3 3 0
the opposite happend to me... after like a month breake, i hit my arms yetserday hard, and expected them to hurt like hell today... i wake up and don't feel any pain, kinda weird
flush01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #11
sPoof-e36
the truth is out there...

My Ride: e36 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
the opposite happend to me... after like a month breake, i hit my arms yetserday hard, and expected them to hurt like hell today... i wake up and don't feel any pain, kinda weird
I workout 4-5 days a week, and no matter what muscle I work, I feel it 2 days after, yesterday I did tricepts, and dont feel it yet, its my bicepts that are burning today but I worked them on wednesday...

Not sure why!

'92 325is 5sp
sPoof-e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
B8888KC

My Ride: Old fart E46 sedan
I wish my biceps and triceps were sore. I would feel good... my biceps and triceps are never sore again. I was afraid I might have overtrained them.
B8888KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:30 AM   #13
jaewonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8888KC View Post
I wish my biceps and triceps were sore. I would feel good... my biceps and triceps are never sore again. I was afraid I might have overtrained them.
yeahh i've been working out since then and the degree of soreness isn't as great as before...you should try changing up your routine to shock your biceps and triceps (different exercises, different order, different time you work out)
Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #14
B8888KC

My Ride: Old fart E46 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaewonder View Post
yeahh i've been working out since then and the degree of soreness isn't as great as before...you should try changing up your routine to shock your biceps and triceps (different exercises, different order, different time you work out)
Yeah I think I need to do that. But I don't know what other exercises would be good for my triceps other than skull crusher, tricep dip and triceps pushdown.
B8888KC is offline   Reply With Quote