E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
kenmyh

My Ride: 320i Touring
kenmyhs cosmosschwarz Touring build thread

Hello, all!

I've been lurking around in the shadows here for a while, and finally found the courage to present my fantastic e46!

We will start by presenting us. I'm 24 years old, from Norway, and employed mechanical engineer. Have had the expensive hobby of cars/motorsport for approximatly 14 years. Then let's present the car:
Bought: june 2013
Milage: 267 000 km (166 000 miles)
Vintage: 2001 (pre-face)
Motors: M54B22
AC
Mutimedia steering wheel
Cruise control
Heated-seats
El-windows
Leather seats
Xenon
Detachable trailer hitch (is this the right expressio?)

And then the fun part starts. The plans for the car;
First I want to fix all the damages, and remove rust.
Either M3 or M-tech bumpers
Shadow line window trim
Coilovers
Different small modifications.

OK. Picture time. There has been some improvemts already. This is basicly the history from buying until today. Have fun! More will follow when I have more to report!

When I first got the car home it looked like this:

Then I had to try US-park.

And I was now the happy owner of two BMWs! The E36 is currently sold as parts..

After a while I got problems with my power-steering, and need to change the pump (I thought.. Still have problems, though, but I think I know what's wrong ). I also needed to change the breaks, which became way more expensive than I planned, since I had to change two calipers as well. Of course I bought some good racing breaks.

When spring came, I found that the previus owner did not do a good job trying to remove the rust from the car... It was also washing time!

And I took my other car as well. Nissan Leaf!

Then it was time to prepare the car for some track-action. And it was done a complete oil change from all oil reservoirs. And I'm glad I did. When was this done the last time? (ref. picture of the oil filter)

And the standard workshop-selfie from the garage.

So, the time for some track-action were on us. A fun day with BMW, a Tesla Model S and a Porsche 911 4s.

Afterwards, I found time to buy and repaint a new panel instead of trying to fix the old one.

Then I needed some more fun, and took the race car out for a spin. Happytime!

Last edited by kenmyh; 08-22-2014 at 01:31 AM.
kenmyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Jaundiced Outlook

My Ride: has a tailgate
Nice to see a Touring get resurrected - good luck getting it all fixed up. My 2001 hadn't been neglected, but I've still had to do all the typical stuff the four years I've owned it - cooling system, power steering, oil separator, Vanos seals, shifter overhaul, struts, etc. It's well worth the effort, though.

BTW, that has to be quite a change on the track going from a wagon to a 7even!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
kenmyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaundiced Outlook View Post
Nice to see a Touring get resurrected - good luck getting it all fixed up. My 2001 hadn't been neglected, but I've still had to do all the typical stuff the four years I've owned it - cooling system, power steering, oil separator, Vanos seals, shifter overhaul, struts, etc. It's well worth the effort, though.

BTW, that has to be quite a change on the track going from a wagon to a 7even!
Thanks! I hope to get it all fixed up, but I have to overlook that the car soon passes 300k km, and might not be able to run that much longer. We'll see! At the moment I'm full of optimism.

Yeah, it's a whole other world with the 7even! So much fun! The funny thing though, is that the breaking spots is approximatly at the same spot. Not so wierd considering the wagon only did 140-150 km/h at the straight with 1500 kg, and the 7even does about 200 km/h with 550 kg The 7even were around 30 sec faster to drive around the track. So much fun with racing!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #4
kenmyh

Had some spare time the other day. So I decided to change the painted panel.
This is the result of my first ever paint job. It looks like it still needs a bit of work, but I think it will be good in the end!

It looks way better than it did before, so all in all I'm happy with the result. I will try to make it better this weekend, if I find the time.

Before:

After: