E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
m3speed2

My Ride: RX-7 R2
trade? very rare R2 rx-7 1 of 16

thinking about giving up my toy for a 2002-2005 m3 (silver )...maybe other colors as well just need to see pics... any one want to trade? this is a very rare silver 95 R2 rx-7... 99 spec...top 8 in the contry if not better...no wrecks... very fast little car and only weighs 2700lbs.... it handles awsome like on rails...they only made 16 of them in silver as an R2 model in 95 (there were 56 total R2 models)..they did not sale them after 95 so there are not that many around, specially only being on the market for three short years.... the looks are timeless and most people don't even know what it is ... alot of people ask if it is a viper or corvette...it has always been garaged kept and never in the
rain... very clean car inside and out and under the hood...inside still smells
new...it is non smoker and no air freshners were ever used...the miles are all original at 20,556....I never think about getting rid of it, but it has crossed my mind a couple of times when randum people view the car and make me offers but the offers have not been enough to let it go ...the interior is like brand new, no food or drinks come into the car...not a rip or worn spot any where...I put on gloves when I drive so the steering wheel and shifter stays new looking...I also sit on towels so the seats stay new looking, they are a black
suade type material...I take very good care of it...not a stepped missed with
this one ...my wife thinks I am crazy.... to me, it is a passion... this car has
been my favorite for a long time...there is not another ride like it... it is so smooth on acceleration... and the sound is like music to me ... the radio and cd player are stock and both work but I don't ever turn it on when I drive.. I just like to hear the car...it
starts up no problem and idle is strong, no lump... the vac pulls 19-20 inches....no smoke..I always use proteck fuel lube in every tank... it runs perfect..the car is all original (paint, motor, twin turbos)except for the mods... it is as aggressive as it can be with out lossing its stock appearance...I do not drive the car in any bad weather, including light rain... it only comes out on nice sunny days... it has also been
garaged...all the weather stipping is in perfect shape...I have not been on the track with it (although I would love to take it
to a road coarse)...I bet it would give the viper a good run for its money.... I do not rag this car out, it is very a special car...although I have picked off a few mustangs and vettes but thats another
story, for another day...I have not had it on the dyno so I do not know how much
power it is putting down at the wheels.. but with the mods I would say about
325-350...(keep in mind the car only weighs 2700lbs) I can get every bit of that
to the ground , and thats enough to wax a number of cars...I am only running
10lbs but the boost can be turned up to 13lbs if you need more power, but for me, I just keep it at stock boost...this is a very rare find, one of the reasons I don't want to give it up, because I know one day I will get another one and I won't be able to find one like this in this condition...it is rolling art...I have spent many hours and dollars on this car and it is very hard to give up... I have been offered several straight trades but they did not interest me at the time... some guy several months back was really taken by the R2s look and ask if I would be interested in a trade for his c6 vette but I had to decline and tell him it was not for trade or sale...when I took it to get the windows tinted the shop (autohouse in nashville)was trying to get me to trade for the shops supra...(630hp) I do not really
care for them as most people drool over those cars...the supra was heavliy
modded, they were asking $42,000 ... they said they almost have $50,000 in it
but to me there is hardly anything sleeker and fun to drive then the third gen R2rx-7...this
one is in barret jackson condition....built by pettitracing, you will not find another one like this anywere...the mods are:
..........99frontbumper....99 badges..99under tray..99 lip...custom plate...99 fogs...99taillights and
center converted...feed side skirts...re amemiya diffuser...center generator...smoked
side makers...re oil cooler ducts...twin oil coolers...pettit aluminum ast...pettit down
pipe....pettit mid pipe...borla xr-1...apexi n1 dual tip... pettit aluminum 8.5 flywheel, relocated upgraded fuel filter...act clutch...pettit launch kit trailing arms....front sway bar...tokiko 5 ways adjustable shocks....pettit track pro eibach springs...R tower braces....pettit short shifter...pettit ecu
unlimited ... avo boost controller...center mount boost gauge...35% tint all
around... custom double layer rotary floor mats...greddy elbow...greddy type S
bov...pettit intercooler... pettit intercooler duct...pettit tkt kit...light
weight aluminum Outlaw racing big brake kit...hawk pads... stainless brake lines...pettit light weight 2 peice slotted rotors...front fenders
rolled....new nitto 555 tires front 235 40 r18.... rear 275 35 r18.... forgeline Racing wheels fully polished with clear coat front 18x8.5......rear 18x10....
all the hose are in great shape... check vavles are good condition ... vacume hoses
are zip tied just for extra security....still has power steering....the ac blows ice cold...all fluids have been changed... I use Redline fluids and Royal Purple in the motor...I am a nut about maintenance....if you are not familiar with the third gen rx-7, most people are not because there are not many around any more....it is like a circus with people every time I bring it out... back in the day it got great reviews by all the magazine editors...and recently was called a modern day classic by car and driver or motortrend, I really cant remember the magazine it was...but the looks are timeless and can rival most on the road today....it was a design way ahead of its time...and still going strong... it is just that it doesnt show it age in design...well, this what I have to offer as a trade if some one is interested...looking for 2002- 2005 m3 with reasonable miles ...email me at lizhall76@msn.com if you are interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 044.jpg
Views:	3578
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	204760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 064.jpg
Views:	4489
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	204761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 053.jpg
Views:	2086
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	204762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	2026
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	204763  

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	1927
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	204764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 015.jpg
Views:	1232
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	204765  
m3speed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #2
m3speed2

couple more photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	2826
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	204766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 032.jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	204767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 070.jpg
Views:	1847
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	204768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 022.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	204769  

Old 11-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
my love for an Rx-7 will not end....

really really hot car you've got there..

Orz
BMWintoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
inline 6

My Ride: 2000 328i
I love the R2
inline 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
m3speed2

thank you very much... I think it is hot too!!! I hate to get rid of it becuase it is such a nice ride, but I feel really bad that I have this toy and my wife drives a jeep with 100,000 miles on it , so I got to get her another car... this sucks... anyways not really wanting to let it go, but it will be traded if someone is interested in it... unless something comes up were I am able to keep it...
Old 11-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
boostedE36

My Ride: 2004 M3
Ill trade you a 2004 silver STI...Its completely stock, And still retains the factory warranty.
boostedE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
m3speed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedE36 View Post
Ill trade you a 2004 silver STI...Its completely stock, And still retains the factory warranty.
the car will be for my wife... I have taken her to look at sti and evos and she does not like them at all...sorry
Old 11-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
Elefant
Banned

My Ride: and hes hairy too
omg the rx7 is so nice
Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
chakhaeboy

My Ride: 08 335I & 09 Z4
nice car, but still. 95 rotery engine wouldnt compare to +02 inline 6 Mpowered.
nice try tho buster~
good luck with sale hope you keep that beauty.
chakhaeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #10
turbo420a

My Ride: 323ci/turbogseclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakhaeboy View Post
nice try tho buster~
Ummm in what way would it not compare? Power? Reliability? These cars are fast, especially when modded, and I would put that rx-7 up against an M3 in a race anyday.

Nice car you have there, and it looks like its in perfect condition, and with those low miles, and all the very clean mods you should be able to sell it, good luck, I would buy it if I could.

Last edited by turbo420a; 11-22-2006 at 12:49 PM.
turbo420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
m3speed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakhaeboy View Post
nice try tho buster~
not going to even try to debate this on a bmw forum...I do not want to trash this thread with back and forth about performance and wich one would out do one another...but go do your home work...I have driven both cars and I love bmws.... german cars are great, but!!! the rx-7 wins hands down... this is the ultimate driving machine... end of story... thank you... good buy...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #12
m3speed2

look at this thing.... oh my
Old 11-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #13
bigali88

My Ride: peforMance car
That is hands down the nicest Rx7 I have ever seen.

Well second nicest after the one in fast and furious 3, but that doesn't count

Im the king Biatchess!!!
bigali88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #14
m3speed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigali88 View Post
That is hands down the nicest Rx7 I have ever seen.

Well second nicest after the one in fast and furious 3, but that doesn't count
thankyou.... I have been to a lot of shows and have not seen many put together like this, beleive it or not it looks better in person...any silver or white 2003-2004 m3 want to trade...smg would be nice for the wife but not a must...has to be in great shape....let me know what you got ... other colors are a maybe... let me see pics...any other offers I will have to think about... thanks for looking
Old 11-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #15
mark///m3

My Ride: turbo e30; x5 4.6is
wow awesome car. there super rare it CT i think i have only seen 2 or 3 max

Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #16
MysticDroptop

My Ride: W211 E55 AMG
i've always had a love affair with the Rx-7. Amazing car.

03' E46 330i Topaz Blue/Black- Retired
03.5' E46 M3 Cabriolet Mystic Blue/Gray- Retired
06' W211 MB E55 AMG Bright Silver Metallic/Black- Current

Need top notch work done to your car?
Martino Auto Concepts
MysticDroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #17
Carbon///M3

My Ride: e46 M3 yet again!
Send a message via AIM to Carbon///M3
o my lord, I must go clean myself this is the nicest rx-7 Ive seen in a good while. GL man.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #18
m3speed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark///m3 View Post
wow awesome car. there super rare it CT i think i have only seen 2 or 3 max
yeah you just do not see them around much any more... it is a head turner...I have had people do u turns to follow me just to get a look at it closer...it gets to much attention for my wife... one time this car of three guys followed me for about 6 miles hanging out the window taking pictures with thier cell phones...crazy!!! they must of taken about 20 shots from all angles... then they asked for me to roll the window down and asked if it was fast...hahaha so, I left them smelling like fried rice!!!!hahaha...
Old 11-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #19
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
wtf are you thinking, keep the RX-7!

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #20
m3speed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
wtf are you thinking, keep the RX-7!
I know... someone slap me, please!!! no really it is beacuse of my wife ... I thought that I would feel out my options here, but believe me I am trying to work out a few things around here to keep it...if something comes along then I might let it go...............................maybe.............. I have been offered quite a bit of things the last few days ... and I need to clear my head and think about everything, hopefully it will stay....but she needs a car that she loves as much as I love this one....marraige is tuff sometimes...but there are more important things in life, but for us car guys... this is what makes some of us tick...