E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Parting Out

Parting Out
Parting out your car? Post your entire list of BMW parts for sale in one forum. Single items should be posted in one of the other classified forums.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #41
aegoldman

My Ride: 04 ZHP Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastBias View Post
i have the new cingular sync phone (samsung a707) ... just came out.

but why would any device that is bluetooth have problems working with the bluetooth reciever? bluetooth is bluetooth, right?
The short answer to your question is NO.

Per the manufacturer:http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth/phones

...Bluetooth® wireless technology is a global standard, there are a variety of profiles that manufacturers can choose to implement in their Bluetooth devices. In certain cases, the BMW hands-free system and the Bluetooth mobile phone do not share the necessary profiles to work together as a hands-free system. For this reason, not all available Bluetooth phones are compatible with the BMW hands-free system. Below you will find a list of mobile phones1 that have passed compatibility testing ...
aegoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #42
aegoldman

My Ride: 04 ZHP Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WannaBEE View Post
I have a 02 m3 do I need anything else to get the bt working and how hard is the install
Below are responses to some excellent questions from a potential buyer that I thought were worth sharing and may answer some of your own questions regarding the BMW Bluetooth system.

I have an 2004 Ci vert (actually it's my wife's).

1) It's "ready" for bluetooth, but it doesn't appear to have any of the required parts. Do I just need the parts you have for sale ?
a. Check for a round label on the left underside of the trunk lid to verify the car is wired for a cell phone.
b. You may also need a bluetooth antenna, which installs under the back of the center armrest console. This antenna was already installed on mine but you can pick one up for about $25 if you find it isn't under there.

2) Where does the module and the pairing button get installed? Trunk? Glovebox?
a. The module installs in the trunk behind the left rear seat.
b. The pairing button plugs into a harness under the center armrest console. You can install it into the console but you need a dremel. The module can remember a few phones so you only really use it once to pair the bluetooth phones then forget it. I just stuffed the button assembly back under the cup holders.

3) If a call comes in on her cell phone, what happens in the car.. ie, radio volume goes mute and sound comes thru speakers.. I guess there is a Mic somewhere..
a. Yes, whatever is playing goes mute and the sound comes through the speakers. Press the voice button on the steering wheel or NavRadio or Phone and it answers. On the Vert you should have a mic on the top of the steering column. All others have it next to the front dome/map light.
4) Last, did it work well in the vert with the top down. ?I know in other cars I have owned with a built in phone system, even with a hardtop, the sound and voice exchange were strained. but the last one was probably ten years ago so perhaps the technology has improved.
Definitely works OK with the top down, you may have to lean forward a little toward the mic. Best if you have a wind deflector.
Sorry, but I've never dealt with Bluetooth before, but since she is about to get a bluetooth enabled phone, perhaps this would be a good addition
Best addition I've made!

Thanks in advance....
aegoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #43
jmh86325

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP
bluetooth ULF

Sold!!!
thanks Arnie
jmh86325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:03 AM   #44
LeftCoastBias

My Ride: alpine white hotness
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegoldman View Post
The short answer to your question is NO.

Per the manufacturer:http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth/phones

...Bluetooth® wireless technology is a global standard, there are a variety of profiles that manufacturers can choose to implement in their Bluetooth devices. In certain cases, the BMW hands-free system and the Bluetooth mobile phone do not share the necessary profiles to work together as a hands-free system. For this reason, not all available Bluetooth phones are compatible with the BMW hands-free system. Below you will find a list of mobile phones1 that have passed compatibility testing ...
what a bunch of BS. why can't bmw ever make anything simple?

LeftCoastBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #45
andyjohn21

My Ride: 2004 330i
How much and what condition?

Rear view mirror w/"BMW Assist SOS", Alarm, LED 51167114428
andyjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #46
freeorangeshoes

My Ride: 04 JB M3 SMG
this thread is 6 months old....

jesus.
freeorangeshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #47
eriklin

My Ride: E60 5, E46 M, MBZ C
where r u located? interested in ur cup holder and coin holder....if u r not far...would like to pick it up and pay u cash directly..
im in ca92831 91765 area....im working in irvine too...let me know...thanks
eriklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #48
JeromeP

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
I am assuming as old as these post are there is nothing left?

JeromeP
JeromeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #49
JeromeP

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Oh and if anything is left as in Bluetooth would you by chance have the arm rest that goes over the cup and coin holder that opens to have 2 small compartments?
JeromeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #50
lllRazorlll

My Ride: '00 328i
Do you have any xenon headlights?
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote