E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 02:53 AM   #1
lilmenace91

My Ride: hookedup CIVIC Si
Send a message via AIM to lilmenace91
Driver's Belt Tensioner, resistance too low

Hey guys

so recently i got my eats redone because they were starting to rip. I got my car back and noticed the air bag sign on. figured it was because if you dont disconnect the battery the car does throw up air bag signs so i ignored it for 2 days .... i just plugged in my p a soft and the error i am getting has me stummped. i dnt know what to do . someone HELP

thnk you

smith patel

ps i did the removing the battery for 15 mins disconnected and reconnected the yellow port under the seat just incase.

thnkx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 2.48.35 AM.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	565221  

-------------------------------------------------------
E46 330Ci 2004
sports pkg
cold weather pkg
window tints 35% all around
dynavin w/ android

^^^^^ this is upsetting i need more to add to the list.
lilmenace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
You need either a tool or software to reset restraint system errors. I don't think PA Soft will do it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
lmr2wil

My Ride: '00 328Ci
Make sure your seatbelt tensioners are plugged in properly. Also, PASoft will clear this once the fault is corrected. The light won't go off without clearing it though. Have you tried clearing them?

Luke

Last edited by lmr2wil; 07-13-2014 at 11:29 AM.
lmr2wil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
lilmenace91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmr2wil View Post
Make sure your seatbelt tensioners are plugged in properly. Also, PASoft will clear this once the fault is corrected. The light won't go off without clearing it though. Have you tried clearing them?

Luke
hey luke yeah i plugged in the PA soft and tried clearing them but light light comes bck on and the code shows as currently present.

also. what other software would i need to reset this light? i just recently programed my mirrors to auto fold when holding the lock button w/ ncs expert what else do i neeed?

for now i am going to try to take the seat out and make another attempt at unplugging it and cleaning the contacts with compressed air and take that change to clean everything else up and re plug and see if everything clears.

E46 330Ci 2004
sports pkg
cold weather pkg
dynavin w/ android

Old 07-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #5
lilmenace91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmr2wil View Post

Luke
hey luke yeah i plugged in the PA soft and tried clearing them but light comes bck on and the code shows as currently present

for now i am going to try and take the seat out make sure the cable on the side are still plugged in properly and while the eat is out maybe take the opportunity to clean out the contact point and make sure everything is in properly .

i hope that takes care of the issue cuz this is just really annoying! cuz i dont see anyone elses post with a similar problem. its either that or im not good with "searching the internets" < haha

E46 330Ci 2004
sports pkg
cold weather pkg
dynavin w/ android

Old 07-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
lilmenace91

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusmarkus View Post
You need either a tool or software to reset restraint system errors. I don't think PA Soft will do it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
hey markusmarkus what tool or software do i need to rest srs errors? i do have some other cable and i have used nsc expert recently to code my cars to autofold mirrors and etc. but i dont know what other software i need.... pls elaborate.

E46 330Ci 2004
sports pkg
cold weather pkg
dynavin w/ android

Old 04-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #7
cambie

My Ride: '05 325i
Did you ever get this fixed? I've got the same issue, resistance too low on the driver's side pretensioner. Based on this error code, I expected to find wires that had been cut or damaged and crossed, but I took the seat out yesterday and didn't find any wire damage. I took the wire connectors apart and sprayed them all with electronics cleaner spray, let it dry for an hour or so and plugged it all back in hoping for the best. On startup, the light was still there, so I opened PA Soft and cleared it, and it came right back, same error. I even tested the resistance of the tensioner, which I think I've read was a bad idea, but I survived, and the resistance was zero. I'm not sure what the resistance should be, but I guess this tells me mine is bad and needs replaced. But I'm really not sure.

This is really driving me nuts after finally getting rid of the P0444 code I was getting for the car for a while.
cambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #8
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
..... I have same issue with my passenger seat. I installed new m3 seats and got this error. Im hoping its a bad connection but haven't checked yet.
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote