E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #181
thenoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: U.K
Posts: 3
My Ride: Alpina B3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Alright, here are just a couple little things..
BRAKES:
- No modifications needed except for custom caliper carriers to support the bigger calipers and rotors.
Hi any idea where i can get hold of these caliper carriers? I have picked up calipers, rotors and pads from a M3 CSL for my 328 but just need the carriers so i can get everything fitted!
thenoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #182
chnzgoofball
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So. San Francisco
Posts: 201
My Ride: 04 325CI STEP
Send a message via AIM to chnzgoofball Send a message via Yahoo to chnzgoofball
great thread! kinda scared me on doing the m3 conversion now... lol
chnzgoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #183
redronin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,979
My Ride: 330ci
alec
this is a nicely put together thread. i scanned the first 5 pages looking for what i need and couldnt find it. (then class started)

my question is this, i have never seen it adressed before. perhaps i am not looking hard enough.


M3 FRONT FENDERS.
these are a little wider 3/4in maybe, and the fender LINERS have mounting points all over them so they cant slide over to meet up. is this a problem? what are people doing about it? are m3 fender liners necessary?
redronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #184
hi its me alec
Registered User
 
hi its me alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 15,119
My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by redronin View Post
alec
this is a nicely put together thread. i scanned the first 5 pages looking for what i need and couldnt find it. (then class started)

my question is this, i have never seen it adressed before. perhaps i am not looking hard enough.


M3 FRONT FENDERS.
these are a little wider 3/4in maybe, and the fender LINERS have mounting points all over them so they cant slide over to meet up. is this a problem? what are people doing about it? are m3 fender liners necessary?
i'm sure you could make the stock non-m ones fit just fine without too much of a hassle, yeh
__________________
WTB: Complete e46 M3 rear end

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #185
redronin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,979
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
i'm sure you could make the stock non-m ones fit just fine without too much of a hassle, yeh
im not worried about "hassle" as we all know thats exactly what modifying cars is....


what im worried about is leaving a gap for water to get into and make the whole underside of my fender panels wet and making me vulnerable to early rust, and thats the least of what could go wrong.

any experience could speak on this? i actually have all parts im just getting nervous about fitment being PERFECT.
redronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #186
CL9SBMR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: southwest region
Posts: 156
My Ride: 2001 325i sedan
so, you can put a m3 hood on a 325i sedan? what do you mean by washers to space the fenders? i saw this on cardomain.com done and it looks wicked mean!
CL9SBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #187
Alex323Ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach -Surf City USA
Posts: 16,839
My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoor View Post
Hi any idea where i can get hold of these caliper carriers? I have picked up calipers, rotors and pads from a M3 CSL for my 328 but just need the carriers so i can get everything fitted!
you'd have to take to a machine shop and mill off several mm (3-5) for clearance. this makes it weak and basically unsafe. it's not really a swappable part if brake integrity is somewhat important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL9SBMR View Post
so, you can put a m3 hood on a 325i sedan? what do you mean by washers to space the fenders? i saw this on cardomain.com done and it looks wicked mean!
again not a swappable part. M3 hood is do-able for a coupe but not for a sedan. your best option is to get an aftermarket hood already designed like this. another option is facelift sedan hood and custom add the "power dome" to it. there will be some front end fitment issues. pm 4ngie about the details
__________________
OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAVI - BMWPERF CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC BRKLINES, TRANS, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #188
CL9SBMR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: southwest region
Posts: 156
My Ride: 2001 325i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
again not a swappable part. M3 hood is do-able for a coupe but not for a sedan. your best option is to get an aftermarket hood already designed like this. another option is facelift sedan hood and custom add the "power dome" to it. there will be some front end fitment issues. pm 4ngie about the details
Cool. I just saw it on cardomain. but i guess the ATR info is important. was thinking of doing the facelifted hood swap too! thanks!
CL9SBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #189
Oz Striker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 335
My Ride: '00 330Ci, '07 350Z
Ok guys my coupe is going into the bodyshop for an accident repair, and i asked if they'd fit an M3 hood instead of the standard one and they said fine. But they've not fitted one before and I just wanted to be able to give them some pointers incase they werent sure what adjustments are needed. I'm getting very anxious that they wont get it to fit right

Heres a pic of the engine bay & fender. Is it under the circled bolts where extra washers are to be placed in order for the hood to fit just right?

Oz Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #190
deafboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Blaine, WA
Posts: 26,609
My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Striker View Post
Ok guys my coupe is going into the bodyshop for an accident repair, and i asked if they'd fit an M3 hood instead of the standard one and they said fine. But they've not fitted one before and I just wanted to be able to give them some pointers incase they werent sure what adjustments are needed. I'm getting very anxious that they wont get it to fit right

Heres a pic of the engine bay & fender. Is it under the circled bolts where extra washers are to be placed in order for the hood to fit just right?

it all depends... but yes, it is under those bolts you place em, but it might be more than just those ones...

you will also probably need to file away a little bit of the metal from those holes to get the gaps right....
__________________
-Cole aka bigtall*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #191
rickgb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 7
My Ride: e46 coupe
thanks for the info guys is it possible to fit the e46 m3 exhaust or do i need to cut out the spare wheel well?
rickgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #192
CA789
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Posts: 584
My Ride: 323i
anyone have pics of oem M3 mirrors on a facelift sedan?
CA789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:53 PM   #193
m3dreamz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ny
Posts: 93
My Ride: E4Sizzzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgb View Post
thanks for the info guys is it possible to fit the e46 m3 exhaust or do i need to cut out the spare wheel well?
you need to cut out the spare wheel or buy an aftermarket m3 exhaust which doesnt have the large canister like the stock one does.
m3dreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #194
Deep Blue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
I am not sure whether this been posted or not but you can fit a M3 guibo/flex disc into a regular e46.

I did this on mine recently w/o a single issue. Plug and play. I can look up the part number if people need it.

Why install a M3 flex disc/guibo on a regular e46? the m3 flex disc is design more beefier. the e46 flexdisc is known to tear apart (search forum for guibo or flex disc). By installing the M3 flex disc in your e46 you are getting more extended life on it.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #195
Deep Blue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I am not sure whether this been posted or not but you can fit a M3 guibo/flex disc into a regular e46.

I did this on mine recently w/o a single issue. Plug and play. I can look up the part number if people need it.

Why install a M3 flex disc/guibo on a regular e46? the m3 flex disc is design more beefier. the e46 flexdisc is known to tear apart (search forum for guibo or flex disc). By installing the M3 flex disc in your e46 you are getting more extended life on it.
here is the diagram for the guibo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	157.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	247072  
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #196
Deep Blue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
part number: 26-11-2-226-527
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #197
Alex323Ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach -Surf City USA
Posts: 16,839
My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I am not sure whether this been posted or not but you can fit a M3 guibo/flex disc into a regular e46.

I did this on mine recently w/o a single issue. Plug and play. I can look up the part number if people need it.

Why install a M3 flex disc/guibo on a regular e46? the m3 flex disc is design more beefier. the e46 flexdisc is known to tear apart (search forum for guibo or flex disc). By installing the M3 flex disc in your e46 you are getting more extended life on it.
This will NOT work on the E46 316/318/320/323/325.
__________________
OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAVI - BMWPERF CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC BRKLINES, TRANS, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #198
Deep Blue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
This will NOT work on the E46 316/318/320/323/325.
dude....I have a 328 and my wife has a 323. we all have steptronics tranny.
I did the retrofit on both of our car. therefore, how can you tell me that won't work then?
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #199
Deep Blue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...ory_Code=GUIBO

for the m3 upgrade. there are also a few threads on here about people like me (non e46 M3) upgrading to M3 guibo
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #200
Deep Blue
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 451
My Ride: M52TUB28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
This will NOT work on the E46 316/318/320/323/325.
Lets clarify....I guess the both of us are both wrong and correct at the same time.

The 323 has a 78mm flex disc/guibo for a manual tranny.
Additionally, if you have a steptronic/automatic your flex disc will be a 96mm.

Reference:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...29&hg=26&fg=10

Beside, the 323, I believe the 316, 318, 320, 325 has a similiar setup (78mm for manual and 96 for step/auto).

Therefore, if you have a 316,318,320,323,or a 325 (w/auto/step tranny) YOU CAN definately install a M3 flex disc/guibo.


P.S. If you have a 328 or a 330 you can upgrade to the m3 guibo regardless if your tranny is a step or manual because your guibo will always be a 96mm. 96mm is the size of the m3 guibo.

Last edited by Deep Blue; 10-27-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use