E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 130 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #281
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyalexy615 View Post
dumb? can i fit most m3 exterior body parts on my 2001 325ci? If so where can i find then for the cheapest looking for a m3 front bumper, Angel eyes radiator support and and carbon fiber hood
...did you read anything in the thread?

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #282
xentor

My Ride: 01' M3 LSB
Send a message via AIM to xentor
Hi im new to e46Fanatics, i was wondering if anyone knows what i need to install stock e46 m3 brakes onto a 00' 328i just on the front. Thanks!
xentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #283
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by xentor View Post
Hi im new to e46Fanatics, i was wondering if anyone knows what i need to install stock e46 m3 brakes onto a 00' 328i just on the front. Thanks!
You need to modify the stock carriers (M3 carriers should work too) in order for the caliper to center perfectly over the rotor.. it will take some tweaking.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #284
xentor

i dont need any adapters for the sensors or lines or anything like that? And for the record im installing the whole brake assembly off an m3, not just brakes. sorry i wasn't clear.

Last edited by xentor; 04-14-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #285
hi its me alec

Quote:
i dont need any adapters for the sensors or lines or anything like that?
Nope, don't think so.. the lines should all be the same size and the sensors are all the same as well.

Here's a picture of the modified carrier so you can get an idea of what needs to be done... IMO it's easier to go with a UUC setup like I did, or just go with 330 brakes.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #286
xentor

Hmm alright, thanks alec. hah we almost have the same car, mines Fern Green, slammed with H&R race springs and billstein struts, black kidney grills, and 2 Scroth 4-points, how is yours running?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #287
xentor

Hmm alright, thanks alec. hah we almost have the same car, mines Fern Green, slammed with H&R race springs and billstein struts, black kidney grills, and 2 Scroth 4-points, how is yours running?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #288
hi its me alec

Quote:
Mine is good, haven't been able to drive it though because the tie rods are absolutely SHOT.. waiting on those to arrive. After they're installed, the suspension should be bulletproof for at least 80k more hard miles.

I love Fern Green (mine is Seafoam Green though), and seeing a 328 on H&R Race and OEM 42 wheels brings back a looooooooooot of memories.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #289
xentor

haha, well good luck on the tie rods. yeah, were makin green bimmer's look hot. When i first got it my friends made me look stupid, now its hotter than theres and it grew on them hah. Also you know any place to get some nice 2 or 3-piece 18's? im looking for summer rims if you know of any, thanks bro.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #290
hi its me alec

Quote:
haha, well good luck on the tie rods. yeah, were makin green bimmer's look hot. When i first got it my friends made me look stupid, now its hotter than theres and it grew on them hah. Also you know any place to get some nice 2 or 3-piece 18's? im looking for summer rims if you know of any, thanks bro.
Keep browsing this part of the forum: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 something good ALWAYS pops up

Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #291
kentukred

My Ride: 2004 325i
E36 M3 to E46 323i Caliper / Rotors / Brake Pad Upgrade

I am needing to replace a frozen caliper on my E46 1999 323i. My pads and rotors are also worn could use replacement. I have located a set of Calipers / Pads / Rotors from an E36 M3 that are reasonably priced. Are these interchangeable with mine? Thanks
kentukred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #292
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentukred View Post
I am needing to replace a frozen caliper on my E46 1999 323i. My pads and rotors are also worn could use replacement. I have located a set of Calipers / Pads / Rotors from an E36 M3 that are reasonably priced. Are these interchangeable with mine? Thanks
I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that they'd fit on alright if you just modify the stock or e46 m3 caliper carriers. Probably not worth the risk though if you don't have a lot of play money.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #293
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Alec, I'm not going to read through the ENTIRE 11 pages of this sweet post so forgive me if I'm asking an already answered question. For my m3 sedan conversion (on a 325i), the motor and tranny should swap right in right? Are there any other major changes that will need to be made in order for these to swap in correctly? Along with the motor and trans I'll be swapping in the cluster as well as the rear diff, both of which are hopefully "plug and play" as well? I'm just trying to get this all planned out so I'll be ready once I finally convince the wife of how badly the 325i, and myself, need M!!!
02m3csl325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #294
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
Alec, I'm not going to read through the ENTIRE 11 pages of this sweet post so forgive me if I'm asking an already answered question. For my m3 sedan conversion (on a 325i), the motor and tranny should swap right in right? Are there any other major changes that will need to be made in order for these to swap in correctly? Along with the motor and trans I'll be swapping in the cluster as well as the rear diff, both of which are hopefully "plug and play" as well? I'm just trying to get this all planned out so I'll be ready once I finally convince the wife of how badly the 325i, and myself, need M!!!
For how much it takes to do the full conversion of engine, tranny, differential, etc. etc. you can save yourself loads of time & money by selling your 325 and getting a used M3 altogether. Decent used M3's now sell for like $35k
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

mfanatic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #295
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
it is far from "plug and play"
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #296
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
For how much it takes to do the full conversion of engine, tranny, differential, etc. etc. you can save yourself loads of time & money by selling your 325 and getting a used M3 altogether. Decent used M3's now sell for like $35k

Sell and get a used M3? So I can drive the same thing as everyone else? You're completely missing the point. Unforgettable rides are not made by buying an already made car. For one thing I don't even want a 2 door (not practical for me and the family) and the entire point of my project is to complete a one-off, custom made vehicle. I have never seen an e46 M3 sedan period, let alone here in Colorado. That right there is the reason for my madness. If you're into modding cars to save money then you've choosen the wrong hobby. Now, for less then $20k, I could have a used S54B32 with 6-speed (found one with 26k miles with tranny, clutch and all for $8k) and have my buddies shop install it along with all the other M goodies, new paint/ shaving, body work/ mods, cf goodies, wheels, brakes, custom interior and a full custom audio install. Granted, I am getting the good buddy discount and most likely won't end up paying for most of it because it's going to be a demo for his shop but even if I was paying for all of it, I still I would not want it any other way. So you see now why spending $35k for a used M3 is just not an option for me?

Last edited by 02m3csl325; 04-29-2008 at 12:16 AM.
02m3csl325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #297
sexyalexy615

My Ride: 2001 325ci
325ci

I Have A 2001 325ci Will Most Of These Parts Fit On My Car If Not All?
sexyalexy615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #298
hondo78

My Ride: E 46 SPT Wagon
Cool M3 Brakes on a 323i (E46 on both)

I understand the m3 e46 brakes do not fit my 323I out of the box, (Or off eBay as it were). But the hubs are the same, the limitation seems to be caliper mounting locations?
Are the spindles actually different? I cannot find a part number for the M or the 323

Looking for Zen with larger rotors and factory parts...
hondo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #299
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo78 View Post
I understand the m3 e46 brakes do not fit my 323I out of the box, (Or off eBay as it were). But the hubs are the same, the limitation seems to be caliper mounting locations?
Are the spindles actually different? I cannot find a part number for the M or the 323

Looking for Zen with larger rotors and factory parts...
Look about 9 posts up... everything will bolt right up except for the calipers, and that's only because the stock carriers need to be modified. Pic of said modification above.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #300
Moe1310

My Ride: 2000 Bmw 328ci
M3 Seat into a non M

I have a 2000 Bmw 328ci I have the M package but wanted to put 2006 BMW M3 seats in there will this work and will it be hard?

Thanks
Moe1310 is offline   Reply With Quote