E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 185 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #361
diablorojo

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
It keep the M3 milage and the dot was there but its small and in the corner. Everything worked normally to include the oil temp guage. I havent messed with it. I drove it acouple of miles with no change> I cant drive with out traction control so I switched back. I thinl Im gonna sell it. The grey face doesnt match my interor. I only got it for the raised speedometer but I can use my GPS when I go above 150....
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #362
DJ RaMiN

My Ride: 02 325I,03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhane46 View Post
hi,
just wanted to let you know that it is possible to fit and original m3 rear bumper on there. you have to modify the brackets and push the bumper in a little bit unless you want to flare your fenders. check out the pics on my 330ci. you cant even notice any difference.
how did u hold the sides of the bumper in???I mean they will stay out right??? wut did u do to keep it in???
DJ RaMiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #363
DJ RaMiN

just got the m3 rear bumper...if its possible for those who have done this before,to tell me know how to install it,,, how to modify the brackets!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:47 PM   #364
DJ RaMiN

anyone???
Old 11-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #365
bmweeee46

My Ride: bmw e46
does anyone kno if a m3 exhaust would fit a 318ci? beacuse the m3 exhaust has 2 inlets and 318ci has only 1 output? help!
bmweeee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #366
Mc 007

My Ride: 325ci Performance
http://insideperformance.de/onlinesh...hp/language/en
Mc 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #367
suarez323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
anyone know where to get a carbon fiber csl trunk? will it fit on 323ci?
suarez323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #368
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suarez323ci View Post
anyone know where to get a carbon fiber csl trunk? will it fit on 323ci?
Yes the coupe csl style trunk will fit on a 323ci. Check the sponsors section and you'll find several brands being offered. The better fitting Vorsteiner CSL trunk will have the closest look to a true BMW desesigned CSL trunk without the handle over the license plate and recessed plate area. Other companies sell versions that look the same as a regular stock one with the duck-bill lip.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #369
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Yes the coupe csl style trunk will fit on a 323ci. Check the sponsors section and you'll find several brands being offered. The better fitting Vorsteiner CSL trunk will have the closest look to a true BMW desesigned CSL trunk without the handle over the license plate and recessed plate area. Other companies sell versions that look the same as a regular stock one with the duck-bill lip.
it's a 'duck tail'

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:58 AM   #370
ProchaineStation

My Ride: Metro, Bus, Bike
Send a message via MSN to ProchaineStation
Didnt know this was possible

Montreal, world transit & infrastructure enthusiast.
www.youtube.com/AntoDamicoShow
ProchaineStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #371
Mc 007

Hamilton can be in the nex place next year
Old 11-10-2008, 01:08 AM   #372
817bimmerfanatic

My Ride: is schön!
Send a message via ICQ to 817bimmerfanatic
I desperatly want to put coupe headlights on my sedan, I remember seeing that this mod is possible if you switch out the headlight trim. Is this true. I just want to be able to have the coupe healight and side marker light. can anyone help!?!?!?
817bimmerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #373
Deanw

My Ride: E46 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 817bimmerfanatic View Post
i desperatly want to put coupe headlights on my sedan, i remember seeing that this mod is possible if you switch out the headlight trim. Is this true. I just want to be able to have the coupe healight and side marker light. Can anyone help!?!?!?
+1
Deanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #374
z3ra7ul

My Ride: 320ci
Hello, I will buy 320ci (99-01) and I have some questions. How much will it cost to euros and a full internal and external m3 tuning separately. Can I buy second-hand parts. How long will it take to given 2 boys from 320tsi>>> M3. Does it matter whether he has a manual or automatic gearbox?
z3ra7ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #375
delre

My Ride: 330CI
I have just purchased 4 OEM 19 inch M3 rims and I was planning to put them on my 2001 330CI. I heard the rears will not fit. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to find another pair of front 19inch M3 rims? Thanks
Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #376
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delre View Post
I have just purchased 4 OEM 19 inch M3 rims and I was planning to put them on my 2001 330CI. I heard the rears will not fit. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to find another pair of front 19inch M3 rims? Thanks
well it should have been listed in the thread. But the wheels would bolt on, but the "offset" (how much the wheel is pushed out from where it bolts onto the hub) is to far out on the rear. Thus making the wheel/tire combo rub way to much for some and also cause suspension geometry issues that mess with handling and wear. Some say they put extra thin and stretched tires on the wheels that don't rub and/or rolled and flared the rear arch. But you really would need to find two more fronts wheels if you really want to do it without all those other costly hassles.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #377
delre

My Ride: 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
well it should have been listed in the thread. But the wheels would bolt on, but the "offset" (how much the wheel is pushed out from where it bolts onto the hub) is to far out on the rear. Thus making the wheel/tire combo rub way to much for some and also cause suspension geometry issues that mess with handling and wear. Some say they put extra thin and stretched tires on the wheels that don't rub and/or rolled and flared the rear arch. But you really would need to find two more fronts wheels if you really want to do it without all those other costly hassles.
Thanks Alex I appreciate your answer and I just don't know where to start looking for just two front M3 rims and what could I do with my rear tires? You think people will buy just two rear M3 rims
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #378
pat

My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
^^ delre, sell the wheel/tire combo and start over.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #379
Mc 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
^^ delre, sell the wheel/tire combo and start over.
wery nice rear bumper on you pic signature
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #380
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 817bimmerfanatic View Post
I desperatly want to put coupe headlights on my sedan, I remember seeing that this mod is possible if you switch out the headlight trim. Is this true. I just want to be able to have the coupe healight and side marker light. can anyone help!?!?!?
That's impossible without major fender work. What you're referring to is fitting coupe headlights onto a sedan, which is just taking a headlight that was on a coupe and making it work on a sedan. To do that, all you have to do is swap the headlight trim and lens cover, then you can run sedan corners on those lights.

Your question is pretty common sense though... the corners just won't fit. One is round and one has a corner, so they won't fit in the same space.

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote