E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #441
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by gldtn View Post
Thanks for the fast reply Alec.

Well, I went down to this local shop that does some custom work and had them roll the fender for me. It seems they couldn't do much with the passenger side, because they said it is much thicker then the driver side. So they did as much as they could.. Now as far as the tire size.. According to the tire shop I went to, the smallest size I could put on that wheel(9 1/2 width?) is a 235/35/19. Is this true or these people don't really know what they're talking about? I didn't really check but are the m3 wheels staggered?

Thanks once again guys!
Sounds like they don't really know what they're doing, mainly because the fenders can easily be rolled if all the thick rubbery crap inside the fold (the part of the inner fender that gets rolled) is picked out. When shops aren't experienced with these cars, they don't care to spend the hour to do that, they'll say that the metal is too strong, won't go any farther, etc. and the fenders won't budge an inch. Happened to me too...

A 235 is the 'safe' recommended size for that width, but people use 225 all day on everything up to 10" wide. Think of it this way - if you don't stretch the sidewall of your tires, it will contact directly with the fenders. It's a trade off, but it also happens to have the best aesthetics.

M3 wheels are staggered pretty intensely to fit properly inside M3 fenders. They will work on a non-M car, but it gets pretty tight in there. Even with my wheels, I can only fit 3 (yes, 3.. not 4) business cards in the rear fender clearance.

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #442
gldtn

My Ride: 99 E46 328i M52
Thats what I thought Alec, they all seemed to be a little clueless. There is another shop here close to my house that does custom work and I'm going to try to run down there tomorrow and see if they can do a better job, if not and if I'm lucky I'll rent a fender roller out somewhere.

Wow 3 business cards? That's crazy tight. Does it catch while you drive or hit small bumps, or even with a couple of people in the back seats?
gldtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #443
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Thats what I thought Alec, they all seemed to be a little clueless. There is another shop here close to my house that does custom work and I'm going to try to run down there tomorrow and see if they can do a better job, if not and if I'm lucky I'll rent a fender roller out somewhere.

Wow 3 business cards? That's crazy tight. Does it catch while you drive or hit small bumps, or even with a couple of people in the back seats?
The passenger rear tire rubs with people in back, or if I hit an awkward bump in the road. It's more of a 'scrub' than rub, the driver fender was rolled a little bit more when I did it. Neither fender is rolled much at all though, it was too cold to pick all that rubbery crap out to get a good roll.

Both rear wheel lips rub on the fenders whenever the car sits that low, which is quite a bit. ha, I should take a picture of the lips up close. It sanded down all my curb rash for me Now I have a brushed aluminum time attack ring. lol

Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #444
gldtn

My Ride: 99 E46 328i M52
I ended up triming the lips and rolling the hell out of the fenders, pushing it out. I currently have the 265/35/19 on it, which catches quite a bit. I'll be going down on size eventually though.. The only thing that sucks, but not a biggie is that I'll have to to some body work to my fenders, but I plan on painting the car anyways! If I have time I'll take some pics later on.
gldtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #445
4mused

My Ride: HPF Stage 4 M3
I'm wearing glasses [which are 2 years out of date] so sorry if this question has been answered. I tried reading/searching some of the posts then gave up.

For the front fenders you were talking about coupes right? What is the fitment for sedans? Would I also need a hood to go along with it?

4mused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #446
essco325

My Ride: 2001 325i
sweet ass write up
essco325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #447
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mused View Post
I'm wearing glasses [which are 2 years out of date] so sorry if this question has been answered. I tried reading/searching some of the posts then gave up.

For the front fenders you were talking about coupes right? What is the fitment for sedans? Would I also need a hood to go along with it?
will not work without cutting welding and modifying the fenders
Old 09-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #448
TAMMCC2009

My Ride: 320 cise
318 CISE "52" - orig m3 doors cant get electric mirrors to work

Hi

I've got a 318 CISE "52" plate and have put original complete m3 doors on it -everything is working except the electric folding mirrors(glass doesn't tilt either) Any ideas how to get round this.

Cheers
TAMMCC2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #449
neil1138

Awesome thread! Some of the pics are down, maybe just bandwidth limitations.
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #450
gdjohny

My Ride: 330 Ci manual
Hi people
This is my first thread on this forum.
So Hello to all of you
I was thinking about changing my exhaust in 330 2001 coupé and i can get original exhaust manifolds cheap but i don't know if they will fit.
And second thing will the manifolds from LHD fit RHD cars ( i live in England at the moment )
Thanks for the help

Last edited by gdjohny; 10-23-2009 at 09:38 AM.
gdjohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #451
klv611

My Ride: E46 year 2005 M pack
Quote:
I ended up triming the lips and rolling the hell out of the fenders, pushing it out. I currently have the 265/35/19 on it, which catches quite a bit. I'll be going down on size eventually though.. The only thing that sucks, but not a biggie is that I'll have to to some body work to my fenders, but I plan on painting the car anyways! If I have time I'll take some pics later on.

I have the same issue with my tyres. I currently have the 265/35/19 and is rubbing the fender from inside.Needed arround a half inch wider.
What kind of work on fenders will help me?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #452
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by klv611 View Post
I have the same issue with my tyres. I currently have the 265/35/19 and is rubbing the fender from inside.Needed arround a half inch wider.
What kind of work on fenders will help me?
You don't need fender work, you need narrower tires.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #453
klv611

My Ride: E46 year 2005 M pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
You don't need fender work, you need narrower tires.
Thanks Alec but no thanks. I'll keep moding!!
Pics to come soon
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #454
jbugg328

My Ride: BMW 328ci
nice dude. good threaad

Instagram : JrVincent7
jbugg328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #455
Bymmerr

My Ride: 01 325Ci
Bymmerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #456
Mc 007

My Ride: 325ci Performance
super video and work
Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #457
Bradford

My Ride: 323ci, 330i, 993TT
Didn't read through this entire thread but will the stock hood on a coupe fit okay if I install M3 fenders and bumper?
Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #458
Bymmerr

My Ride: 01 325Ci
yes it will
Bymmerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:02 AM   #459
Starlyjff

My Ride: Bike 09
Send a message via MSN to Starlyjff
OK lets take another shot at the rare parts thread. If you are posting up a part post it up with a pic..

i hate you for having those seats in such great condition.. i bet you got them cheap too. In all seriousness, congrats on the score. I'm jealous of those - doesn't happen often..

Here's the oem titanium brake lever that I just picked up, I was informed by RHDJapan.com that it was one of the last three sets available in.
Starlyjff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #460
chipgro

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Using M3 seats in a 330CI (Convertible)

I need a replacement drivers seat at some point for my 330ci (ZHP package). Wanted to know if the M3 convertible seat is a direct bolt on..

Any help?
chipgro is offline   Reply With Quote