E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 123 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #121
LeftCoastBias

My Ride: alpine white hotness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
what they are suppose(i'm told) to do is elongate (one or two if needed)the fender's top bolt hole left-right so the fender can move some if it's too tight. i'm not sure how that would be a dangerous mod. shame you didn't take pictures. so it sounds like the shop wants you to come in again and charge you to put the hood on another day? or is the project scrapped? my hood goes on tomorrow. so you were there watching the whole process? pm me if you would please.
i was there the whole time.

they weren't after any more cash; it wasn't that type of job.

LeftCoastBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:55 PM   #122
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
I was at my bodyshop today. I saw/watched the fitment on the M3 hood. Came out great. The hood liner transfers and the stock hoodshocks did also. But I bought the M3 hoodshocks anyway and they are going on.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #123
328ciWes

My Ride: 328ci
Send a message via AIM to 328ciWes Send a message via Yahoo to 328ciWes
nice i was wondering what went into the fender swap

your heart is a muscle the size of your fist. keep loving. keep fighting.
328ciWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #124
Scarecrow_ES

My Ride: ford focus
Hi... brand new to the forum and e46 mods in general. I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 3-series coupe (the place was not sure of the exact model when I called) that has had some front end damage and would require replacement of at least the front facia and hood. While I would be replacing those features, I figure why not go all out. I just am not sure what goes into replacing body panels intended for an M3 coupe on a standard E46.

I guess my question is, just what are the structural differences between a standard coupe and an M3 when it comes to body stuff? I could not seem to find any definitive answers here in this thread. It seems like if I replace the hood with one intended for an M3, there will be just a slight panel mismatch, but otherwise a decent fit. Is there a bigger difference in the fenders of the standard E46 coupe and the M3 than just the width of the fender flares? And if I buy a body kit such as the GTR style wide-body, would that eliminate the mismatch you usually get between the edges of the bumpers and fenders when installing M3 bumpers on a non-M3 coupe?

Next, if I choose to replace other features of the car, such as headlights, taillights, or the trunk lid... what specific years and models of E46 would be compatible with the 2003 coupe?
Scarecrow_ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #125
six3mike

My Ride: 350z/323CI/600rr
Would M3 shocks and springs fit? Broused through all of the posts. Sorry if I missed it.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #126
CL9SBMR

My Ride: 2001 325i sedan
So, on my '01 325i i could run the staggered M3 wheels, but it would fit and look better if you used the fronts all the way around. Instead of using the standard front/back set up. Right? I would just have an issue with the rears sticking out a hair or two, but that could be taken care of by fender rolling? Thank you!
CL9SBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 AM   #127
LeftCoastBias

My Ride: alpine white hotness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL9SBMR View Post
So, on my '01 325i i could run the staggered M3 wheels, but it would fit and look better if you used the fronts all the way around. Instead of using the standard front/back set up. Right? I would just have an issue with the rears sticking out a hair or two, but that could be taken care of by fender rolling? Thank you!
rears wont fit without a LOT of work.

besides, the stock m3 wheels are pretty damn ugly. get something else.

LeftCoastBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:24 AM   #128
The Nebulizer

My Ride: LSB M3 & SC'd 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastBias View Post
besides, the stock m3 wheels are pretty damn ugly. get something else.
I like my stock M3 wheels better than almost any aftermarket wheel. I think most of the wheels people use are too over the top and flashy. The stock M3s looks powerful without looking pretentious.

Back on topic...
Great thread! - thanks for taking the time Alec and everyone else posting answers (I would answer some if I could). Made for a great read.

As to why do these mods? I have always loved the look of the M3, but really don't need the power or the higher car payments (but if the market keeps dropping, maybe I will pick one up in the next year...).
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #129
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Let's talk tranny. To stick in a 6-speed non SMG, what do I need?

I'm guessing M3 tranny, flywheel, clutch, shifter, selector rod.

What I'm not sure of is which driveshaft to use. And, I'd like for someone to confirm on my guesses. Also, I'd probably want a 3.46, correct?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #130
hockeyguy

My Ride: 2001 330CI
will an 05 m3 front bumper fit an 01 330 coupe with the rebar and minor adjustment?
hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #131
240sxplan

My Ride: 328I
Will the OEM Rear Spring from a 2005 M3 fit my 1999 328I 4dr?
any help would be great..

cuz.. they look alike .. no difference if there is let me know..

thank you,

tsua
240sxplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:08 AM   #132
verqeq

My Ride: BMW330XI
Will the M3 brembo's fit a 2002 330 XI?
verqeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:12 PM   #133
lionheart1684

My Ride: 2002 325ci
M3 Parts on a Non-M Pre-Facelift 2002 325ci.

Hi guys,

Iím new the forum and interested in any suggestions in regards to my 2002 325ci. I recently got involved in an accident, and damaged the front end of my vehicle.

I was thinking about upgrading the bumper to the ZHP Performance Package bumper, and just replacing my hood, fenders and mirrors with the stock parts. I am now thinking about replacing everything with OEM M3 parts. I after reading the entire thread, Iíve seen mixed options about the M fenders on the coupe.

What exactly will I need to upgrade to get the M3 look front? Side Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper and Hood. Anything else? I also need new headlights, is there any difference between the 2002 3 Coupe and M3 headlights? Also is it possible to put OEM Facelift headlight in a Pre-Facelift model?

I appreciate anyoneís assistance, ideas or suggestions.
lionheart1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #134
smoke

My Ride: 2002, 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart1684 View Post
Hi guys,

Iím new the forum and interested in any suggestions in regards to my 2002 325ci. I recently got involved in an accident, and damaged the front end of my vehicle.

I was thinking about upgrading the bumper to the ZHP Performance Package bumper, and just replacing my hood, fenders and mirrors with the stock parts. I am now thinking about replacing everything with OEM M3 parts. I after reading the entire thread, Iíve seen mixed options about the M fenders on the coupe.

What exactly will I need to upgrade to get the M3 look front? Side Fenders, Mirrors, Bumper and Hood. Anything else? I also need new headlights, is there any difference between the 2002 3 Coupe and M3 headlights? Also is it possible to put OEM Facelift headlight in a Pre-Facelift model?

I appreciate anyoneís assistance, ideas or suggestions.
i think the headlights are the same in non m coupe and m3, i'm pretty sure you can put the facelift headlights on, but then you'll need to custom your hood and fenders too if you want the m3 parts.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #135
smoke

My Ride: 2002, 325Ci
anyone got pictures of the gaps from the m3 hood retrofit with no modifications?
Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #136
Don1

My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
does the m3 mirrors fit on the facelift 330ci coupe 04?
Don1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #137
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1 View Post
does the m3 mirrors fit on the facelift 330ci coupe 04?
they will fit, but the harness for the mirror's motor is incompatible(ribbon). so they won't be electric anymore without a lot of work to swap the motors/harness from each

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
anyone got pictures of the gaps from the m3 hood retrofit with no modifications?
here you go. there wil be a slight gap by the "A" pillar and the fender will stick out ever so slightly at the doors edge. but hood to fender to headlamp can be perfect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0684.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	222127  
Old 04-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #138
kay-p

My Ride: e46 m sport
Can you fit m3 seats and door cards into a facelifted e46?
kay-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #139
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
M3 seats FOR SURE are do-able. What're door cards?
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

mfanatic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #140
noelguillermo

My Ride: 325 04
Send a message via AIM to noelguillermo Send a message via MSN to noelguillermo Send a message via Yahoo to noelguillermo
How about the valve cover?
noelguillermo is offline   Reply With Quote