E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
Me46iT

My Ride: 330 ZHP
Adjusting the High Beams.

Anyone know if I can adjust the High beams? I want to move the right one out more to get a wider beam, mine are biased to the left.

-N
Me46iT is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
not without effecting the low beams.
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 AM   #3
Me46iT

I guess I'll just tweak the metal on the bulb. I'm going to angle the bulb to the left, which will move the beam to the right I think

-N
Old 12-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
BMW Loe

Do you have HID's? If so, you can make custom shields for your low beams and aim the high beams accordingly to where you want your highbeams to be placed in conjunction with the low beams.
03 330Ci sold
Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
Me46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post
Do you have HID's? If so, you can make custom shields for your low beams and aim the high beams accordingly to where you want your highbeams to be placed in conjunction with the low beams.
Yes I do have HID's. Do you mean the shield inside the Bi-Xenon projectors that actually moves like a shutter for the Bi-Xenon hi-beams?
If that is what you're talking about, tell me more! How do I get to them? This was a project I wanted to do when I have some spare time.
My old car had a nice kick up on the far right to help illuminate street signs, pedestrians, etc. Now with the HID's lighting up the front so nicely, it's so dark above the low beam cut off. And since the Bi-Xenon highs are so bright I don't want to use them because of oncoming traffic. So I want to re-shape the "shields" if possible.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me46iT View Post
Yes I do have HID's. Do you mean the shield inside the Bi-Xenon projectors that actually moves like a shutter for the Bi-Xenon hi-beams?
If that is what you're talking about, tell me more! How do I get to them? This was a project I wanted to do when I have some spare time.
My old car had a nice kick up on the far right to help illuminate street signs, pedestrians, etc. Now with the HID's lighting up the front so nicely, it's so dark above the low beam cut off. And since the Bi-Xenon highs are so bright I don't want to use them because of oncoming traffic. So I want to re-shape the "shields" if possible.
If you pull the projectors out of the headlight, unscrew (bolt) the front of the projector off, you can access the cutoff shield. You can dremel part off so that the pattern has the uptick of your old car (mine has it and I love it).
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #7
BMW Loe

Since you have XENON's, this is simple.

Take apart the "guts" of the headlamp on your passenger side. Install washers on the right side of your projector mount to effectively move the beam pattern over to the left, which in turn will effectively move the position of your high beam to the right.

I did this on my Projector46's because the passenger side highbeam was aimed way way way high compared to the drivers side.
03 330Ci sold
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Me46iT

Ah....
Yes...
Simple..

Cool, now when I use the highs it won't all go into the opposing lane..
Thanks.