E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2002, 01:40 PM   #1
E46_Angemon
Europrojektz NW

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Send a message via ICQ to E46_Angemon Send a message via AIM to E46_Angemon Send a message via MSN to E46_Angemon
Can I get a good picture of H&R Cup Kit w/ 19" Rims...coupe preferably...

I know my stock shocks are dying but I am thinking if I should just go cup kit. Obviously, it has to depend on the ride height and ride comfort as well. If not, I'll go PSS9 coilovers but my sound system stuff will have to be delayed...

Original e46fanatics member

Europrojektz Northwest | Retired

"Do you guys ever get that feeling where you're leaning over to the side when you're really just standing still...?"
E46_Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:21 PM   #2
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

My Ride: E46
Send a message via AIM to Full Time Hit Man
Ride quality is very nice. The drop is good too. My friend has it.

The pic is too dark, but at least you get an idea. And I'm taking the pic from a low angel, therefore, you will see some tire gap. But in person, the gap is very little.
Full Time Hit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:44 PM   #3
jljr330ci

My Ride: 2001 330ci
How long did your shocks last with the race springs?
Old 05-05-2002, 04:27 PM   #5
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
This is exactly why I went with the CupKit...

Quote:
Originally posted by BluE46
like 2.5 seconds

my stock shocks were toast after 30K
It's cheaper in the long run to spend the $$$ on the CupKit up front.

The drop is nice and the ride is awesome...not too harsh at all.
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 04:37 PM   #6
E46_Angemon
Europrojektz NW

Send a message via ICQ to E46_Angemon Send a message via AIM to E46_Angemon Send a message via MSN to E46_Angemon
Re: This is exactly why I went with the CupKit...

Quote:
Originally posted by vinnymac

It's cheaper in the long run to spend the $$$ on the CupKit up front.

The drop is nice and the ride is awesome...not too harsh at all.
The pictures I saw of your car, the rear wheel gap still remains. Right now, with my H&R Springs setup I am fine with the front gap but the rear is there sometimes. I'll try and put new RSMs in for now to see if the shocks are better. Right now, my main focus is on ICE...

"Do you guys ever get that feeling where you're leaning over to the side when you're really just standing still...?"
Old 05-05-2002, 04:49 PM   #7
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

Re: Re: This is exactly why I went with the CupKit...

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_Angemon

The pictures I saw of your car, the rear wheel gap still remains. Right now, with my H&R Springs setup I am fine with the front gap but the rear is there sometimes. I'll try and put new RSMs in for now to see if the shocks are better. Right now, my main focus is on ICE...
Actually, that picture is misleading b/c of the angle of the camera...there really isn't any rear wheel gap. I'll try to take some better pics and post them. I need to get level with the car and then you'll see there isn't any wheel gap at al.
Old 05-05-2002, 05:01 PM   #8
E46_Angemon
Europrojektz NW

This is my wheel gap right now...

Note: This is with a **** load of stuff in the trunk...

Old 05-05-2002, 05:04 PM   #9
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

OIC...

that's about where my car is sitting right now...it might change a hair or so once the springs settle but I doubt much lower. The cupkit might not be low enough for you if you want lower than where you are now.

It sounds like you might have to go with coilovers to be happy with the drop.
Old 05-05-2002, 05:09 PM   #10
E46_Angemon
Europrojektz NW

Well I want that drop but with better shocks. I am happy with the ride height since the roads in Vancouver aren't all that good. I just want better ride quality... :sad:

Old 05-05-2002, 05:15 PM   #11
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

I hear ya bro...

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_Angemon
Well I want that drop but with better shocks. I am happy with the ride height since the roads in Vancouver aren't all that good. I just want better ride quality... :sad:
I'm very happy with the drop and that's good b/c I cannot go much lower or get bigger wheels b/c the potholes in St. Louis are really bad.

I wouldn't last a week with 19"s or coils...

I've only driven 100 miles on the cupkit since yesterday so I not ready to comment too much on rid quality. However, my intial impressions are favorable...a little stiffer than the OEM sport suspension but not too harsh.

I think the true test will be when my girlfriend rides in my car tonight...she's more like the average driver and will notice right away if the ride is really harsh. I guess we'll see...I'm heading out to have dinner with her parents in a few mins.