E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom > Video & Internet Clips

Video & Internet Clips
Posts your videos and internet clips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
325rider

My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
M3 CSL intake........thuoghts

^^^This design doesnt seem like it would keep all the hot air out. I hear people say intakes give you 7 horsepower and i also hear people saying that power will be lost unless you use the OEM, and only the OEM intakes on BMWs. TO ME, the intake seems prety exposed to warm air from the engine....SO, im confused on why people say that the OEM airbox design is the "best", when the CSL has a short ram style??? Please no flaming, i understandn that the manifold itself is extremely open etc..., but it seems that they should of closed it off from the engine bay

*edit* Heres a cuople sick videos for fun
1)

2)

Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
NickRulez

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
damn no replies?
NickRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Morten M

My Ride: e46
Not sure if I'm qualified to give you the answear you're after but there's no doubt this CF intake is good stuff.

I don't really see the problem here.. what's the difference between this airbox and the stock M3 airbox?
They are located at the same place.

There is a air tunnel coming up from the csl front bumper which leads cold air directly into the engine
through the intake. There is also a flap in front of the intake that opens around 3000 rpm but I don't
know if that has anything to do with the heat from the engine, I don't really think that's the reason.

Anyways.. I believe the CF itself is supposed to resist the heat to some extent and cool off quicker than
other materials. I dunno, the airbox can get really warm on the outside (yes, I hava one).
Morten M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
hummermaniac88

My Ride: 320i
Well Terry from BMS tested this with his DCI and the Single Intake, both with no heat shield and they have the same heat intake as the oem ones and the other ones with shields. If I ever find the link, imma post it here.

Here it is!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2014

Last edited by hummermaniac88; 03-26-2009 at 11:03 PM.
hummermaniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
Don't forget that the main difference is in the DESIGN of the intake itself. It's shape allows air to funnel into the runners evenly and more efficiently than the regular boxes. In short, this airbox allows more air into the engine per combustion cycle. More air = more power. Simple physics, really.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
Lboogie

My Ride: cars
^ dont forget more air the more fuel u are gonna need also..
Lboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
this thread.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote