E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 04:14 AM   #1
bimmer88

My Ride: 06 Lexus GS430
Send a message via AIM to bimmer88
Chinese speaking people... the term "yeet hay"

All my life, whenever i got sick my mom would always diagnose me as "yeet hay"... or "hot air".... certain kinds of food like fried stuff would be yeet hay and cause me to be sick while some are "leung", or "cool" and counteract the effects.... i used to believe this stuff when i was a kid but it all just seems like hogwash now... anyone know if there's actually any truth to this??? is there even a term in english to explain this phenomenon besides "hot air"??? I've even heard a chinese doctor(real licensed doctor) use this term to describe certain medicines to my mother when i was young....
Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
EDawg

My Ride: :/
even in contemporary america today, there are scientific evidence that certain food contain certain chemical components that can aid or interfere with certain biological activities in our bodies resulting in longterm improved or deteriorated health. for example, certain foods are known to be high in antioxidants that are supposedly helpful in minimizing the occurence of cancer, while other foods are known to lower the bad cholesteroles in our bodies thus enhancing cardiovascular health. the chinese method of attributing certain foods as being good or bad for you may have some validity. although the chinese have not historically utilize scientific studies to draw their conclusions, they have probably come to certain conclusions based on hundreds to thousands of years worth of cultural observations. the chinese may have observed that those who eat fried or fatty food tend to get sick more easily and take a longer time to recover from their illness, while those who eat certain other food tend to get sick very infrequently and when they do they tend to recover from their illness more rapidly. even in contemporary american society it is generally acknowledged that fried food are generally not good for us, and i'm sure excessive consumption of fried food can even lead to malnutrition which will hinder the performance of our organs and immune system. furthermore, chinese medicine is accepted amongst some westerners as an alternative to western medicine when treating certain illness, because although chinese medicine are not scientifically based, some have been observed to be effective in treating certain illnesses.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
tdevil

My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
5000 years of medical observations =)

i remember when i was a kid my mom would say that stuff too, as i grew older i found that it makes sense. if you have a sore throat, are you really going to eat pizza or some fried things? or when you are sick?

i doubt its scientifically proven but i think its good guidelines to stick by.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
bimmer88

yeah... i guess the term does have some truth to it... just a little strange that it can apply to so many things... a bloody nose, upset stomache, canker sores, headaches, sore throat, diarrhea, etc.... just always wondered if there was a term in english science for this...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
iczer34

My Ride: ***** Dourves
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer88 View Post
yeah... i guess the term does have some truth to it... just a little strange that it can apply to so many things... a bloody nose, upset stomache, canker sores, headaches, sore throat, diarrhea, etc.... just always wondered if there was a term in english science for this...
lol.

The only cure is to drink a variety of soups/broths to counteract this "yeet hay." Becareful though, because some Asian soups actually cause "yeet hay."

09 Alpine White E90 M3 Euro Delivery (June 09)
MODS: 20" BBS LMs | Eibach Pro Kit Springs | JL VRS Lip | Vorsteiner Diffuser | Karbonwerke Trunk | Blackout Grills | Painted Reflectors | Remus Sport Exhaust
iczer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
cleankutazn

My Ride: Is at the bus stop
You know what they do thats crazy to release the Yeet Hay...Scratch the sh*t out of your back until the red comes out like giant hickies. Had it done to me many times
cleankutazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
lerng cha.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
bimmerboy36

My Ride: 02 Sk+ 330ci
then u gotta drink the nasty thick black paste medicine

and those little plastic bottles with little balls of nasty

C.S.U.N. Fanatics Sign Up!!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...51#post4894951
bimmerboy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 AM   #9
e46brat
i <3 my e46

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy36 View Post
then u gotta drink the nasty thick black paste medicine

and those little plastic bottles with little balls of nasty
For some reason, "pay pa go" doesn't taste as nasty to me as the other Chinese medicines I've tried. But I have to agree with you on those plastic bottles with the little balls, those are on the top of my list as one of the most nastiest stuff I've ever had. I remember my grandma making me eat those when I was little and it made me wanna throw up every time.

Hamann/Euro-Spec/AA/Tein/Work Meister
e46brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #10
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
those little balls of medicine are known as po chai pills. they are f^cking useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
InVisib0L

My Ride: '12 fJCW Hardtop
Are you guys talking about the black balls that are wrapped in wax and then you take it out and put it in water to melt it?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #12
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:50 AM   #13
InVisib0L

^ Oh never seeen those before. They look like the "booger candy"/orange peels (I think).
Old 01-11-2007, 12:52 AM   #14
neo_328ci

My Ride: E30/E46/E90
Send a message via AIM to neo_328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
lerng cha.....

HAHAHAHA!

The causal effect of something like that for that one particular customer is negligible and it depends on the character of the individual whether or not he would return based on his own idiocy so to generalize that one particular customer will not return is inconclusive. --MESH_KING
neo_328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #15
dasblack

My Ride: '01 330ci
Yum fah kay sum (Drink ginseng)
dasblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #16
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasblack View Post
Yum fah kay sum (Drink ginseng)
LMFAO!!!

yum gum lerng cha (the really bitter stuff that keeps u awake for days)

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #17
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVisib0L View Post
^ Oh never seeen those before. They look like the "booger candy"/orange peels (I think).
nope, the "bay see" that youre talking about is in a taller cylinder, and its in bigger chunks lol

Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 01:24 AM   #18
InVisib0L

I hate fak kay sum.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 AM   #19
InVisib0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
nope, the "bay see" that youre talking about is in a taller cylinder, and its in bigger chunks lol
Hhaha, I always thought you were Hispanic lol.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #20
bimmer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhype View Post
ughhh... i hated those as well...