E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #181
sandman512

My Ride: 2005 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post

edit: current schedule is.....ECU shipped next Thursday afternoon with overnight, you guys receive Friday, ECU tuned Friday, ECU shipped Friday using overnight, I receive on Saturday, install on Saturday, test Saturday, happy/not happy with ECU on Saturday ^_^!

p.s. payment upcoming week =]
Lon....Update????
Old 02-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #182
funkyman

My Ride: 330ci,Mazdaspeed3
Are these superchips from UK you are programming and selling.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #183
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman512 View Post
Lon....Update????
haha sorry, I forgot...
well anyway...I got the ecu in this morning a little before noon. I plopped it back in, plugged everything up, and started her up =]
she still has like...> 3/4 of 100 octane mixed with < 1/4 tank 91, annnd I must say, it feels as if every gear pulls a little more solid. I did some 0-80 runs near my house, and I felt a tiny bit of gain, but not what I was expecting...I'm hoping that in another 200 miles or so (break-in time suggested by Jon), that I'll feel more gain, otherwise I might not keep it =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyman View Post
no, these are fully re-tuned...not just an add-on chip

p.s. oh, btw, I'm most likely getting my car dynoed next week at norcal dyno day. If I have at least +10rwhp, and +10rwtq, I guess I'll keep the tuning <=/
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

Last edited by mfanatic325; 02-10-2007 at 04:57 PM.
mfanatic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #184
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyman View Post
These are not piggy back kits but rather complete ECU retunes that are performed on your stock chip at our tuner.

Lon, glad you like the kit
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #185
mfanatic325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Lon, glad you like the kit
at first, I barely felt any difference, but it seems that the more I drive it, the more I feel it =] ... I'll keep everyone updated, once I drive about 200 miles or so, see if I find any newfound power also, I'll post up dyno after next weekend
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #186
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Awesome! The differences should be immediate, but as always, your car needs to adjust to your driving style once again. If you drive it hard for the next few days, it will adjust and the throttle response will stay perky

Keep in mind that a gain of 15HP, while substantial for a BMW, is not enough to make it a different car. The differences will be subtle, for example, you'll feel more pull in all areas of the band, especially at speeds that normally are lacking (low RPMs and very high RPMs).

Thanks!
JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #187
mfanatic325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Awesome! The differences should be immediate, but as always, your car needs to adjust to your driving style once again. If you drive it hard for the next few days, it will adjust and the throttle response will stay perky

Keep in mind that a gain of 15HP, while substantial for a BMW, is not enough to make it a different car. The differences will be subtle, for example, you'll feel more pull in all areas of the band, especially at speeds that normally are lacking (low RPMs and very high RPMs).

Thanks!
JL
in that case, it all just comes down to the gains now...I'll see the #'s after next Saturday , and I'll know for sure if I want to keep it or not

Old 02-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #188
mfanatic325

yeh, I've probably put on like...80 miles today, after re-installing the tuned ECU back into my car annnnd I'm ready to call it a day...
I have a much better impression now of the tuning, and its effects. There's definitely a gain as far as pull in each gear (solid, and linear). It just took some time for me to notice it, and for the car to get used to the new ECU, etc. I just wish the total was cheaper though lol, cuz IMHO, it's not THE BEST bang for the buck mod for that price =/ buuut what's done is done...annnd we'll see next week how much I'm pulling at the wheels

Old 02-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #189
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Lon,
Tell me a modification that has a better horsepower to dollar ratio?

ECU Tuning: $400 shipped/15hp = $27 per horsepower
Catback Exhaust: $800 minimum + Install / 11hp (MAXIMUM) = $72 per horsepower
GruppeM intake: $450 / 8hp (I believe) = $56 per horsepower
VF Engineering Supercharger: $6000 Installed / 101 hp = $59 per horsepower

No, I dare say you did get the best "bang" for your buck. Maybe you would have enjoyed a new steering wheel or a new front lip more, but that varies from person to person.

I think you expected to be thrown back in your seat by an additional 15hp, which may be why you were not as impressed as you'd hoped to be!

If the car pulls harder in every gear and is more enjoyable to drive, it sounds like the software delivered everything that was promised!
I'll look forward to seeing the dynos
JL

Last edited by Jlevi SW; 02-10-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #190
mfanatic325

Quote:
Lon,
Tell me a modification that has a better horsepower to dollar ratio?

ECU Tuning: $400 shipped/15hp = $27 per horsepower
Catback Exhaust: $800 minimum + Install / 11hp (MAXIMUM) = $72 per horsepower
GruppeM intake: $450 / 8hp (I believe) = $56 per horsepower
VF Engineering Supercharger: $6000 Installed / 101 hp = $59 per horsepower

No, I dare say you did get the best "bang" for your buck. Maybe you would have enjoyed a new steering wheel or a new front lip more, but that varies from person to person.

I think you expected to be thrown back in your seat by an additional 15hp, which may be why you were not as impressed as you'd hoped to be!

If the car pulls harder in every gear and is more enjoyable to drive, it sounds like the software delivered everything that was promised!
I'll look forward to seeing the dynos
JL
haha yeh...I was expecting a lil too much I guess ...but I still would've liked to spend say $150 less? especially since mine wasn't just $400 shipped, it was more like $465...
if it were $350 shipped, total. Then I guess I would have no complaints whatsoever. But I guess that's also cuz I'm a broke college student LOL so, to others, it might not even be that much money?

Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #191
dirsh
Hawaii 3.0

My Ride: sanbyaku sanjuu
is there a 330 dyno available?
if so, link?

Quote:
Hello dirsh it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
dirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:05 AM   #192
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:

Thanks!
JL
I gotta say this is the case and I would have to say it seems to be a decent bang for the buck. I noticed a faster throttle response immediately through out the power range. As stated above it did make the most difference on the low end and high end. My overall thought on this mod is that although pricey (for me personally, although still a good deal for 375+) its not a bad mod if you want an extra little kick to your ride.Although very noticeable (to me) dont expect huge differences, it's not like you're adding engine internals or something.

JLevi- Did the purchase include a dyno?... I think there was some miscommunication between you and the installer please PM me so we can discuss in further detail.

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #193
flipachu

My Ride: C230Kleemann
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean325i View Post
I gotta say this is the case and I would have to say it seems to be a decent bang for the buck. I noticed a faster throttle response immediately through out the power range. As stated above it did make the most difference on the low end and high end. My overall thought on this mod is that although pricey (for me personally, although still a good deal for 375+) its not a bad mod if you want an extra little kick to your ride.Although very noticeable (to me) dont expect huge differences, it's not like you're adding engine internals or something.

JLevi- Did the purchase include a dyno?... I think there was some miscommunication between you and the installer please PM me so we can discuss in further detail.
For the sale price? I highly doubt it - I think before though at the introductory price it was included, but not for this sale.
flipachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 AM   #194
flipachu

My Ride: C230Kleemann
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
yeh, I've probably put on like...80 miles today, after re-installing the tuned ECU back into my car annnnd I'm ready to call it a day...
I have a much better impression now of the tuning, and its effects. There's definitely a gain as far as pull in each gear (solid, and linear). It just took some time for me to notice it, and for the car to get used to the new ECU, etc. I just wish the total was cheaper though lol, cuz IMHO, it's not THE BEST bang for the buck mod for that price =/ buuut what's done is done...annnd we'll see next week how much I'm pulling at the wheels
You goin' to that SpeedMerchant place?
flipachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:41 AM   #195
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipachu View Post
For the sale price? I highly doubt it - I think before though at the introductory price it was included, but not for this sale.
hhhmmm....possible... that's why I figured I ask

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:51 AM   #196
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

There's no dyno included, although we CAN take care of you on a dyno as our software tuner has an arrangement with the local dyno shop.

JL
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #197
mfanatic325

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipachu View Post
You goin' to that SpeedMerchant place?
speedmerchant ???
I'm going to the NorCal dyno day http://forums.rotarytuner.com/calend...7-2-17&e=2&c=1 next saturday, the 17th of Feb. I'll post up results when I get them

Last edited by mfanatic325; 02-11-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #198
Nico3k
The R1 makes it fun

My Ride: Yamaha R1 + 325i
Quick question, does the tuner do any custom tuning or only pre-flash N/A?
Would they be willing to tune maps for FI? If not on the stock ECU/DME, how about mapping a motec?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #199
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
We can do custom maps for FI but we would need to know the make/model of the unit you are using as well as the exact model MOTEC. Pricing is dependent on the kit but it can easily be done.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #200
funkyman

My Ride: 330ci,Mazdaspeed3
UK superchips in England also program the ECU thats what i ment are you a Superchips dealer.