E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #201
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Nope we exclusively carry Speed Innovation software at this time.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #202
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
We are a SpeedInnovations dealer. We tune 100% of our ECU's here in California.
JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:53 AM   #203
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Just passing along a cool video and dyno of the latest Speed Innovation creation, a Ferrari 355.

This was performed on a DYNOJET system and the top run file is stock. Several run files appear as Speed Innovation tuned, dyno'd, tuned some more, dyno'd etc...until reaching the final run file.

Enjoy!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #204
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Dang... impressive.
JL
Old 02-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #205
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Now that a good number of you have this on your cars, please review it here:
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...roducts_id=667

thanks guys!
JL
Old 02-18-2007, 01:14 AM   #206
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
^ I have already posted my review

annnnd here's the dyno from today...

I'm obviously a bit upset at the low #'s. These are results from an M56 SULEV 2.5L motor with Steptronic, run on Modacar's dyno around 6:15 p.m. earlier this evening. Seeing as how Nick got ~170rwhp, I assume that my car/engine should be putting out about as much (since I have exhaust as well as the same intake as him installed) if not more, but I guess every dyno has its differences. For Nick's case, their dyno measured power from the drive axles themselves or something (hooking the dyno up to each individual axle) wellll anyway, in brief, I got ~140rwhp and ~130rwtq kinda pathetic...sighhh... I'm hoping that this dyno I went on today shows very accurate #'s, including weight of rims/tires, friction, etc. I'm sure this is where I lost that 30 or so hp as compared to Nick's car and the dyno that he used...

I didn't get a "before ECU tuning" dyno run unfortunately <=[ so I'm not sure about the ECU gains as of right now in terms of exact #'s, but I know I can feel it when I drive the car...I'm depressed to think about how low my #'s would be without the ECU tune

edit: after reading the url provided by a fanatic quite a few pages ago: http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...ting/id12.html *focus on last 5 paragraphs if you don't want to read the whole thing*
I feel a bit better about my #'s. I was right in my hunch about the difference in dynoes, but I'm still kind of upset though; that after having spent so much money (broke college student point of view) on intake, exhaust, and ecu, my car's still pretty darn weak...
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

Last edited by mfanatic325; 02-18-2007 at 02:09 AM.
mfanatic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:45 AM   #207
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

From what I have heard and read about Dynos, you are going to get a more accurate reading with the Dynapack as it does eliminate, as you rightly stated, the variables associated with wheel weights, camber, alignment and tires. Perhaps we can get you down here to hook you up to our Dynapack to better compare numbers.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #208
mfanatic325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
From what I have heard and read about Dynos, you are going to get a more accurate reading with the Dynapack as it does eliminate, as you rightly stated, the variables associated with wheel weights, camber, alignment and tires. Perhaps we can get you down here to hook you up to our Dynapack to better compare numbers.
haha, I still dunno if I want to make such a trip down plus...I know I should be putting out as much as you are...it all just comes down to the different types of dynoes and readings. I just meant that it's kind of discouraging to know that my car has such low #'s on your average, everyday regular dynoes
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

Old 02-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #209
flipachu

My Ride: C230Kleemann
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
haha, I still dunno if I want to make such a trip down plus...I know I should be putting out as much as you are...it all just comes down to the different types of dynoes and readings. I just meant that it's kind of discouraging to know that my car has such low #'s on your average, everyday regular dynoes
What kind of wheels are you rolling on?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
-This was my final dyno tune (dynojet) on my '03 C230K SI-tuned (but I don't think I'm done yet) and this was a while ago. Disregard the bottom graph, it was for another performance product.

Last edited by flipachu; 02-18-2007 at 01:46 PM.
flipachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #210
mfanatic325

I've got BBS RX 206's which are supposedly 24.1 lbs. each without tires. Also, I have automatic tranny, is your Merc auto (jw)?

edit: also, was your dyno on rollers? Not dynapack right?

Last edited by mfanatic325; 02-18-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #211
flipachu

My Ride: C230Kleemann
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
I've got BBS RX 206's which are supposedly 24.1 lbs. each without tires. Also, I have automatic tranny, is your Merc auto (jw)?

edit: also, was your dyno on rollers? Not dynapack right?
Yep, mine's a pure dogsled too - performed on a roller dyno (I had Brabus Monoblock VI 18s - aka bricks). I had a Kleemann boost kit, which included a piggyback, which SI-flashed on top of as well. I outran manual IS250s in every gear, every launch.

Don't feel discouraged though, I remember when I hit 140WHP dynos too :\.
flipachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #212
mfanatic325

ohhh no wonder...u've had more done <=[ ...sigh...oh well...............I'll save up for next M3 maye? =D AHA

Old 02-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #213
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Thanks for the dynos guys
JL
Old 02-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #214
skiggity

My Ride: M3
Just got mine in! Sorry guys, I don't have any fancy tech talk for you or any dyno tests but I definitely do feel more pull on 2nd-3rd gear (unless I'm just hitting the gas harder). I'm pretty happy but also I gotta wait to drive a hudred miles first before I can notice a difference.

Good stuff Nick/Jon! I'm happy
Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #215
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Excellent! Please go ahead and post a review on our site?

Take care!
JL
Old 02-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #216
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Last few days for the sale!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #217
robsan1

My Ride: 2001 BMW
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! This mod is not worth the money, I did it and it was honestly a a waste of money. You can't feel the difference in the supposed increases in horsepower and torque. I am very dissapointed that I drove to So Cal and wasted my time and about $500. There are some good mods out there, this is noty one of them. I have kept my mouth shut for about a month now regarding my discontent, but now I am here to say I regret my decision. My car performs pretty much the same as before the software tuning, which is not bad, it never performed bad before, it just does not perform better now with the SI tuning. I guess I just moved too fast to make this mod, save your money!!
robsan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #218
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Then bring it back, and get your money back. You are the only customer we've ever had that has not been satisfied, and I think it is because you attempted to blame the interior rattle of your car on SpeedInnovations, and they flat out called you out on the fact that they did not touch the interior, and that they suspected dishonesty. I have a feeling that may have left a sour taste in your mouth, but I could be mistaken.

Nonetheless, you have a moneyback guarantee for 30 days.
JL
Old 03-16-2007, 04:02 AM   #219
robsan1

My Ride: 2001 BMW
You think it's a sour taste in my mouth, and I think you are mistaken. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you over the fact that I think the tuning is a waste of money. As far as the rattle in my dash, that was not their or my fault, I knew that after it was found that someone who owned my car before me placed some velcro to stop a rattle under the dash, seems the velcro came loose under the dash. I definitely did not like the attitude the Tuner had with me as he pointed out that fact, but that was a seperate issue from the fact that I dont believe my car performs better now, which I pointed out to Jose right after I test drove it following the tuning. Oh' and I missed out on you 30 day guarantee even before my previous post, been more than a month. Live and learn, but I still wont recommend the SI tuning.
robsan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #220
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

I am very sorry you are dissatisfied. We've not had a single customer besides you who has not felt a noticeable difference in their cars performance.
JL