E46 Fanatics Forum banner

All 4 wheel bent on 325xi, need replacement recommendations

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  DriveThruRecFan 
#1 ·
My little sister has a 2003 325xi, white, auto. Took it to the dealer because of vibration while driving and found out that all four wheels are bent. Dealer wants $299 per wheel to replace (stock 16" 8 spoke). Can any of you recommend some good aftermarket, but STRONG wheel/tire packages that would come in around $1200, the main requirement is strength but looks count too.

#10 ·
Hmmm, could it be that only one or maybe two wheels are bent and the (st)dealer is trying to bilk you for an entire set? Can you visibly note the deformation on each wheel?

#11 ·
I didnt notice any deformation on the wheels, but i drove it and they are shaking like crazy. I would be surprised if the dealer was trying to pull something, they've been really good with my family since we have 4 cars with them, plus mine when i'm in town. How are ASA wheels? I've heard from some MB guys that they're really strong, anyone with experience?

#13 ·
You'd be surprised, if they're simply out of balance, that can make a vehicle shake madly if it's bad enough. Maybe she's just lost her wheel weights. I'd take it to a tire shop for a 2nd opinion...

I have ASA AR1s on my other car but less than 2000 miles on them. Nice looking wheels and decent value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.