E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Questions about the quality/strength of our CSL wheels? READ HERE

Hey guys, we get a lot of questions about the quality of our CSL wheels, and one of our customers just contacted us to let us know his opinion. Check it out...

"Ever since getting the CSL replica wheel and tire combo, I have been tracking the car VERY heavily. I have gone through 3 sets of tires, and the wheels have been in multiple high and low speed collisions. One impact in particular was at 45mph going into a 6+ inch cement curb and hitting both front wheels at that speed + popping the tires. I am just amazed by the quality of the wheels, they have held up extremely well with all this abuse, and while my stock 16" wheels actually BENT at even slower impacts, these have held up and only show signs of a basic "curb rash" rather than deformation. I went through 3 sets of front wheel bearings and every single front control arm bushing is destroyed, while the rims are not even bent."

I can stand behind this review 100% since I've had the wheels on my own car.

Just to give you guys a heads up, we have both 18" and 19" wheels in stock right now
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains View Post
Hey guys, we get a lot of questions about the quality of our CSL wheels, and one of our customers just contacted us to let us know his opinion. Check it out...

"Ever since getting the CSL replica wheel and tire combo, I have been tracking the car VERY heavily. I have gone through 3 sets of tires, and the wheels have been in multiple high and low speed collisions. One impact in particular was at 45mph going into a 6+ inch cement curb and hitting both front wheels at that speed + popping the tires. I am just amazed by the quality of the wheels, they have held up extremely well with all this abuse, and while my stock 16" wheels actually BENT at even slower impacts, these have held up and only show signs of a basic "curb rash" rather than deformation. I went through 3 sets of front wheel bearings and every single front control arm bushing is destroyed, while the rims are not even bent."

I can stand behind this review 100% since I've had the wheels on my own car.

Just to give you guys a heads up, we have both 18" and 19" wheels in stock right now
good to hear that.
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
Bimmer330cibro

My Ride: AW 330ci And IR M3
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer330cibro Send a message via MSN to Bimmer330cibro
damn what are those things made out of? good to hear, good to hear
Old 01-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
fire_mike

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
how much do they weigh?
fire_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
wntrcoatblu240

My Ride: never the same...
that's good to know..
i bought a set from Mike.. great stuff..
Free bump for you...
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
MysticBlau330Ci

My Ride: 330Ci '04
I can understand the sentiment. The wheel and tire combo(18inch staggered) is lighter or about the same weight as my stock style 119 wheel tire combo. The wheel is TOUGH and the finish is STILL as good as day 1. (I use wheelwax 2x per yr). I have a little wheel rash though. I am more than impressed with them. And consider the price for all this............damn good deal

If I have ANY complaints about VM or Mike it would be that the BMW decals for the wheel caps BACK THEN did not meet my standards. I never used them and I actually like the look of the VM caps.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
Hey Mike, great to hear about the quality of those wheels since it's been on my future mod list and I've been checking those out for quite some time.
I just have on question, if I get the rims staggered, will the rear rims have the beveled in effect like the OEM CSL's on the M3's since they are wider? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly but if you at the M3 CSL's the rears look a bit different than the fronts because they're wider.
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
bcw448

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci coupe
Great wheels !!!!!

bump
Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
Ervin87

My Ride: E92 M3 | S4 | E30
Send a message via AIM to Ervin87
Yea, those are some nice wheels.

Ervin (Bay Area Detailer)
Ervin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
stolidog

My Ride: 2004 M3 6spd
Yup... no complaints. Something banged my rear wheel pretty good and took some of the finish off... there is so much damn road construction around here (and no it wasn't a curb). I've tracked mine, hit all sorts of pot holes and still are good. Now the wheel is sitting in my garage waiting for my paint to dry. I cant wait to finish it up so I can put them back on my car!
stolidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #11
wntrcoatblu240

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v1ls View Post
I just have on question, if I get the rims staggered, will the rear rims have the beveled in effect like the OEM CSL's on the M3's since they are wider? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly but if you at the M3 CSL's the rears look a bit different than the fronts because they're wider.
i think you're talking about the "concave" effect of having staggered wheels... if you're going to get them in 18inches for non-M fitment you won't be getting the concave effect... it isn't because the rims are staggered in fitment, but because the offset is very close for non-M fitments... ifyou're going to get them in M-fitments... then you might get the concave look... because the rear offset for M-car is a lot lower in comparison to non-M cars.. hope that clears it up...

18 inches staggered non-M fitment

thanks again Mike, Great wheels!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #12
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
Quote:
I don't know whether I'm just seeing things but it still looks like it has a slight concave and that's good enough for me. Can't wait to get a set for my car. Now I just need to figure out whether I'm going with silver or hyper black...
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #13
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v1ls View Post
I don't know whether I'm just seeing things but it still looks like it has a slight concave and that's good enough for me. Can't wait to get a set for my car. Now I just need to figure out whether I'm going with silver or hyper black...
The rear 18x9.5 wheels definitely have more of a concave than the front 18x8.5
Old 01-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #14
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_mike View Post
how much do they weigh?
18x8.5 - 24.0 lbs
18x9.5 - 24.4 lbs
19x8.5 - 24.75 lbs
19x9.5 - 25.25 lbs

The above weights are for the silver finish. The hyperblack is a more involved finish with more coats to get the unique look, and weighs slightly more (will have official weights soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrcoatblu240
that's good to know..
i bought a set from Mike.. great stuff..
Free bump for you...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlau330Ci
I can understand the sentiment. The wheel and tire combo(18inch staggered) is lighter or about the same weight as my stock style 119 wheel tire combo. The wheel is TOUGH and the finish is STILL as good as day 1. (I use wheelwax 2x per yr). I have a little wheel rash though. I am more than impressed with them. And consider the price for all this............damn good deal

If I have ANY complaints about VM or Mike it would be that the BMW decals for the wheel caps BACK THEN did not meet my standards. I never used them and I actually like the look of the VM caps.
Yup all I have on my wheels also is VERY slight curb rash on the front wheel (not the wheel's fault, it's mine for running into a curb haha)

The wheels now use OEM BMW centercaps (can take them off your original wheels) or we include them for $5 per cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Hey Mike, great to hear about the quality of those wheels since it's been on my future mod list and I've been checking those out for quite some time.
The rear 18x9.5 or 19x9.5 wheels definitely concave in more than the front wheels, giving it a staggered look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolidog
Yup... no complaints. Something banged my rear wheel pretty good and took some of the finish off... there is so much damn road construction around here (and no it wasn't a curb). I've tracked mine, hit all sorts of pot holes and still are good. Now the wheel is sitting in my garage waiting for my paint to dry. I cant wait to finish it up so I can put them back on my car!
Another good review
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Good stuff
Old 01-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
tK715

My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Great to know...Hopefully you guys will make some 18" CSL's in hyperblack soon.
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tK715 View Post
Great to know...Hopefully you guys will make some 18" CSL's in hyperblack soon.
We have them right now

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...=CSLhyperblack
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #18
fire_mike

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrcoatblu240 View Post

thanks again Mike, Great wheels!!!
car looks great!!

What suspension set-up do you have?
fire_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #19
tK715

My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains View Post
Whoa, when did these come out??
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #20
wntrcoatblu240

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_mike View Post
car looks great!!

What suspension set-up do you have?
Thanks!!
i'm on bilstein pss coilovers, dropped to the lowest setting..