E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
sakman74
Banned

My Ride: M3 Coupe
pricing - re-upholstery interior

throw me a ball-park number on how much a good oem leather re-do would run me on the interior of my car ? front seats / back seats / doors / rear sides / armrests. anyone got pics of their re-do's ? please post....

just curious.
sakman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
MACH IV

My Ride: 2003 M3
I was just quoted $3K for prefitted leather for just front and back seats of 2003 E46 M3. Installation was an additional $1.5K+. Did not include other items (arm rest, doors etc) you noted. Hope that helps. I was looking at accenting my front and back seats with Amola red leather...and doors. My dreaming ended very quickly when the $4.5K+ estimate came in for just the seats.
MACH IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
sakman74
Banned

yeah dud no sh!t i wouldn't pay 4500 bucks for an interior job no matter how good they say they are. reason why i ask is cause there's a shop i called and they quoted me for the front and rear seats about $ 1100. this is fort worth and there's a lot of shady shops out there....

for instance: i just paid 345 bucks for a tint job that not only came out lousy, but i found out that the film they used in not even LLumar (they gave me a llumar warranty card !!)

but now they're biting their ass, i stuck it to them real good when i called llumar to complain about the persistent SOBs that didn't want to fix stuff i found unsatisfactory....
i would expect around $ 3K would be a slammin job with some really good leather.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
sakman74
Banned

also, i got quoted about 1900 bucks for a repaint of my front/rear bumpers and repaint of my front fenders and hood. it's a little on the high side i think, but these are the folks the dealer here referred me to and this particular dealer doesn't fool around.....top knotch work every time.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
MACH IV

My Ride: 2003 M3
A friend of mine just had his rear bumper fully painted for ~$500. Was a BMW specialty shop that his BMW shop referred him too and his insurance co. did as well. Great job as well. VA Norfolk area.
MACH IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
Herkdriver007

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
interesting... I've been thinking of getting some red alcantara and doing some inserts in my Imola red front seats...

Herkdriver007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
sakman74
Banned

only my front seats aren't that good, the rest of the leather is spot-on. but gotta do it all at the same time in order to match right.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
gatsby325i

My Ride: used to have a 325i
Maybe it would be cheaper to just find a crashed m3 and buy the seats no?
gatsby325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
johnhk79

My Ride: BMW
From what I've read, expect $1500 to $2000 to reupholster seats (front/rear).. obviously less if you do just the front.
johnhk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #10
M3_DU

My Ride: '02 M3
Leather and Alcantara definately isnt cheap. You need a lot of material and it takes time to do a good job. It will be expensive no matter what.
M3_DU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
m3lowrider

My Ride: In Progress _/_/_/
Send a message via AIM to m3lowrider
I got quoted 3k for wrapping some imola red leather on some new recaro pole positions and installed Getting the interior done shouldnt cost more than 3k im guessing

***///M3 AW/IR: BBS CHs, PSS9s, RE RSMs, Powerflex RTABs, Depos, SS Race, SS X & S Pipes, CF gills and grills, V-CSL CF Diffuser, V-CSL Bumper, V-CSL Boot, V-CSL Console, LeatherZ IR, CF Emblems, 6000k Chromiums, 8000k d2s Bulbs***
m3lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
fckupayme

My Ride: Razor Scooter on 20s
are u in NY, i can give u the number to the best place i know... they work exclusively on restoring luxury car interiors and custom interiors... they do incredible work, they get dealer contracts too... its seriously OEM top notch work, no BS and the price is reasonable. let me know

fckupayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
FABIO

My Ride: 01 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckupayme View Post
are u in NY, i can give u the number to the best place i know... they work exclusively on restoring luxury car interiors and custom interiors... they do incredible work, they get dealer contracts too... its seriously OEM top notch work, no BS and the price is reasonable. let me know
I really don't need new leather but it would be nice to get that brand new look again. I'm just anal like that. I have an 01 with 43,xxx miles and the leather has always been cleaned and conditioned.

My rear seats are literally brand new. I probably had people sit there 4 times and previous owner was the same way and he also had other cars for when he had more people to take around.

I would be curious to get a quote for either both front seats or just one front seat.

Can i have the number to the place you recommend? I may call one day just to see what it would run me.

TIA

Mods: V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser, Radenergie
R10's

Link To Pics: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...544&highlight=
FABIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
sakman74
Banned

Quote:
PM me with info. i'm from NYC...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
fckupayme

My Ride: Razor Scooter on 20s
i'll just post the info here as a "public service" lol

Automotive Upholstery & Convertible Tops Inc.
170 Marbledale Road
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-961-4242
Ask for Frank or Ron

last time i was there they had an 02 M5 in Lemans Blue... guy was getting his full black interior customized with matching blue inserts everywhere and brand new black Napa to replace the "older" leather lol... it looked sick... they always have a bunch of classic cars there getting restored... amazing work thats why i recommend them

fckupayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #16
sakman74
Banned

this is good, very good. i think i'll hit them up for a re-do of all the leather in my car. i kind of like the feel of the 07 M5/M6 leather. nice and soft. still undecided on the color though....
Old 02-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #17
SledgeHammer!

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakman74 View Post
also, i got quoted about 1900 bucks for a repaint of my front/rear bumpers and repaint of my front fenders and hood. it's a little on the high side i think, but these are the folks the dealer here referred me to and this particular dealer doesn't fool around.....top knotch work every time.
That actually sounds about right...

I paid $500 for my hood, $500 for the front bumper and $1100 for half the sail panel. So I'm guessing $500 for each fender. So that job should run you $2000. BMW certified body shops generally charge $500 for each "small" panel (bumpers, fenders, hood, doors, trunk). Sail panels (on a coupe) are around $1000, and I'm guessing the roof is about $700 to $1000 too.

Reason being is they don't mask **** off... they always disassemble everything in the area so you don't get "edges". Then they replace a lot of the stuff... gaskets, rubber trim, etc.

I'm not SUPER HAPPY with the work I got because the color doesn't seem to match 100% in certain lighting... but I'd say I'm 90% happy...

I regret buying a pre-owned car at this point (even an M3) because every day I see new nicks or scratches, and being O/C, it bugs me ... the front bumper I had painted earlier this month already has small rock chips in it!
SledgeHammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #18
SledgeHammer!

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3
Quote:
i'll just post the info here as a "public service" lol

Automotive Upholstery & Convertible Tops Inc.
170 Marbledale Road
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-961-4242
Ask for Frank or Ron

last time i was there they had an 02 M5 in Lemans Blue... guy was getting his full black interior customized with matching blue inserts everywhere and brand new black Napa to replace the "older" leather lol... it looked sick... they always have a bunch of classic cars there getting restored... amazing work thats why i recommend them
I hope they have the ability to do the M emblazened logo on the front seats, because if you ain't got that, you ain't got crap . Personally, I like the smooth leather of the E46 M3 that I have. I had the "rougher" leather in my E46 325i, it did seem to hold up better. I've got 10,000 miles on my M3 and the front seats look "broken in", but not worn. I remember when I had 10,000 on my 325i, the seats still looked brand new.
SledgeHammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #19
sakman74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer! View Post
That actually sounds about right...

I paid $500 for my hood, $500 for the front bumper and $1100 for half the sail panel. So I'm guessing $500 for each fender. So that job should run you $2000. BMW certified body shops generally charge $500 for each "small" panel (bumpers, fenders, hood, doors, trunk). Sail panels (on a coupe) are around $1000, and I'm guessing the roof is about $700 to $1000 too.

Reason being is they don't mask **** off... they always disassemble everything in the area so you don't get "edges". Then they replace a lot of the stuff... gaskets, rubber trim, etc.

I'm not SUPER HAPPY with the work I got because the color doesn't seem to match 100% in certain lighting... but I'd say I'm 90% happy...

I regret buying a pre-owned car at this point (even an M3) because every day I see new nicks or scratches, and being O/C, it bugs me ... the front bumper I had painted earlier this month already has small rock chips in it!
i think i'm gonna wait it out on the paint. because i want to re-do the entire car. true, they can probably color match the f*** out of it and make it spot-on, but the fact will be that the rest of the paint is still 5.5 yrs old.

also, what they were going to do is blend. paint the entire front halves of the fenders/hood and then blend that into the back half of the fenders/hood. since it's Ti silver, they can get away with it, but i would rather save the money, and do the entire car in one shot.

on the leather, i think e46 M3 leather sucks. but it's holding up pretty good. when i re-do, i'll get it done in M6 leather all over. much more supple/comfortable, and if i use firm enough cushions, it will probably be the most comfortable seat i've ever sat in....
Old 02-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #20
sakman74
Banned

don't regret buying pre-owned, because the same crap would happen to a brand new car (chips/wear) and in that case you would have been paying much more for the same car.

one thing i was told was not to use protective film on something that's been repainted (when you try to remove the film, it may peel the paint). so basically, only oem paint will stand up to paint film, and even then you'd have to get it on when the car's new....