E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #20161
IB RearWheelin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Virginia
Posts: 925
My Ride: Rental...for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalm004 View Post
The moderator said it's the same IP address??

Did the guy who pose as you also use the same computer as you???

I'm not trying to bash you I'm just trying to clarify this on your behalf. I'm sure you don't want another situation like before to happen again.
it can't possibly be the same internet provider address...i have a macintosh laptop running off of WIFI.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Is this a joke? Do you really have so much money, you don't know what to do with it?
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #20162
zx5rider
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
My Ride: 03 M3 , 03 TT 330,
Send a message via AIM to zx5rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalm004 View Post
I might have one you can have.

How do you get your signature to be that big?

I use a large picture but I always get stuck with a small azz sig.
Ok if u go shoot me a msg....about the sig my pics are linked from photobucket i'm guessing you just upload yours to e46?
__________________


'03 330 Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo.
'03 M3 [Dinan axle back Muffler][BMW Performance Strut bar][Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser]
'11 BMW s1000rr Fully loaded Bone stock
zx5rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #20163
zx5rider
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
My Ride: 03 M3 , 03 TT 330,
Send a message via AIM to zx5rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
it can't possibly be the same internet provider address...i have a macintosh laptop running off of WIFI.
I'm nou sure what yall are talking about but 2 computers using the same internet connection will have the same IP outside.
__________________


'03 330 Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo.
'03 M3 [Dinan axle back Muffler][BMW Performance Strut bar][Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser]
'11 BMW s1000rr Fully loaded Bone stock
zx5rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #20164
IB RearWheelin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Virginia
Posts: 925
My Ride: Rental...for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5rider View Post
I'm nou sure what yall are talking about but 2 computers using the same internet connection will have the same IP outside.
.

my WIFI. same IP for everyone using the main source for internet. it's possible the pipes guy and I are using the same wifi source. he's my neighboor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Is this a joke? Do you really have so much money, you don't know what to do with it?

Last edited by IB RearWheelin; 02-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #20165
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
.

my WIFI. same IP for everyone using the main source for internet. it's possible the pipes guy and I are using the same wifi source. he's my neighboor.
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #20166
hcaleman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 1,450
My Ride: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by das BENZin View Post
Is the vibration when you brake or all the time? Does the steering wheel vibrate or does it saw back and forth?
It's odd as it's not all the time. I first noticed it a week or so ago but it wasn't very pronounced and then went away. Today it came back with a fuy, very strong vibration through the steering wheel at 35 and higher. Pulsing in the brake pedal and chugging to slow down. I thought it could possibly be a bent wheel or completely screwed wheel bearing.

Got home and put the front end up in the air and checked both sides for play in the wheel bearings, they checked out fine. Driver's side spins freely, but passenger side definitely drags on part of the rotor. I also noticed the pass side had a lot more brake dust built up on it.

I have new pads, rotors, and caliper rebuild coming from bimmerworld so should be here by wednesday. I need to go pick up some new guide bushings too and might as well just get a set of SS brake lines while I'm in there.

Odd though after I put the wheels back on and took it for a drive around the block the pulsing was gone, I may be more of an issue when it gets up to temp, I'll see tomorrow on my drive to work
__________________
hcaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #20167
hcaleman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 1,450
My Ride: E36 M3
Cozilla, you still need the RTAB tool? I cut a new length of threaded stock for it today to replace the one I bent slightly. It's ready to use.
__________________
hcaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #20168
robb1887
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 2,238
My Ride: 00 Mshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5rider View Post
Ok if u go shoot me a msg...
I also have a few from when I put in 'locking' bolts... if he cant manage to find one. You've been to my place before to look at your amps, so its not that hard to find if you wanted to swing by and grab one
__________________
robb1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #20169
das BENZin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,719
My Ride: 1985 380SE 5.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
It's odd as it's not all the time. I first noticed it a week or so ago but it wasn't very pronounced and then went away. Today it came back with a fuy, very strong vibration through the steering wheel at 35 and higher. Pulsing in the brake pedal and chugging to slow down. I thought it could possibly be a bent wheel or completely screwed wheel bearing.

Got home and put the front end up in the air and checked both sides for play in the wheel bearings, they checked out fine. Driver's side spins freely, but passenger side definitely drags on part of the rotor. I also noticed the pass side had a lot more brake dust built up on it.

I have new pads, rotors, and caliper rebuild coming from bimmerworld so should be here by wednesday. I need to go pick up some new guide bushings too and might as well just get a set of SS brake lines while I'm in there.

Odd though after I put the wheels back on and took it for a drive around the block the pulsing was gone, I may be more of an issue when it gets up to temp, I'll see tomorrow on my drive to work
Well, on my brother's e39 similar symptoms turned out to be a cracked thrust bearing. 2 dealerships missed it. Whenever the bearing would rotate so that the crack was in a certain spot you'd get a massive vibration, near that spot a minor vibration, and far away from that spot almost no vibration.
das BENZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #20170
IB RearWheelin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Virginia
Posts: 925
My Ride: Rental...for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Is this a joke? Do you really have so much money, you don't know what to do with it?
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #20171
robb1887
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 2,238
My Ride: 00 Mshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by das BENZin View Post
Well, on my brother's e39 similar symptoms turned out to be a cracked thrust bearing. 2 dealerships missed it. Whenever the bearing would rotate so that the crack was in a certain spot you'd get a massive vibration, near that spot a minor vibration, and far away from that spot almost no vibration.
Thats called the resonance frequency... haha, just took a class on vibrations not trying to joke.

Ohh Snik, I was thinking the other day about your rear shock replacement/system removal issues, and then realized that when I replaced my RSM's I went with RE's and they mount inside the wheel well so I dont have to be in my trunk anymore to replace my shocks... might be a good idea to pick a set up now to replace yours so you dont have this issue again. See below.

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...Category_Code=

I can show you mine, if you cant quite see whats going on. Makes swapping out your shocks stupid quick. YAY Mcpherson struts haha
__________________
robb1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #20172
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
Thats called the resonance frequency... haha, just took a class on vibrations not trying to joke.

Ohh Snik, I was thinking the other day about your rear shock replacement/system removal issues, and then realized that when I replaced my RSM's I went with RE's and they mount inside the wheel well so I dont have to be in my trunk anymore to replace my shocks... might be a good idea to pick a set up now to replace yours so you dont have this issue again. See below.

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...Category_Code=

I can show you mine, if you cant quite see whats going on. Makes swapping out your shocks stupid quick. YAY Mcpherson struts haha
oh ive already figured it out bro, theyre GC RSMs, and all i have to do is unscrew the bottom nuts and it all pulls right out. No need to replace anything on the mount.
Shocks are on the way, Ruben shouldve shipped em today


Mcpherson struts? those are up front.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #20173
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #20174
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #20175
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #20176
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #20177
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
new F10 5er. Looking proper



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #20178
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,513
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #20179
IB RearWheelin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Virginia
Posts: 925
My Ride: Rental...for now.
bad azz interior. thats what I adore most. leather and woodgrain.

but good lord...talk about quickFAST shutter speed. brilliant shots
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Is this a joke? Do you really have so much money, you don't know what to do with it?

Last edited by IB RearWheelin; 02-16-2010 at 12:52 AM.
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #20180
bpalm004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 757/804
Posts: 671
My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan
Looks like I'm pulling an all-nighter with this huge ass project...
bpalm004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use