E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #21861
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
They will easily fit a stock M3, my only issues were because of the spacers I have to run to clear my BBK.

when you place the order online, they will call you and ask for your fitment. If you want a square fitment all around you have to go with the 18x8's, and they might let you do it. I asked and they said I had to go staggered.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #21862
hook_7

My Ride: e36 m3
gotcha. thanks man. you get your tires new or used?
hook_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #21863
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
I'm going to try again with that door handle trim tomorrow and just knock the hell out of that tab that feels firm. Will let you know if it is successful or if I just end up ruining my door.
don't ruin your door. im off wednesday and thursday and im right around the corner from you. do you still have my number?
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #21864
Impulsed7

Vid of the Drew's Run Rally is up

and yes the tires were used. but basically brand new pirelli p zero rosso's.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #21865
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineifra View Post
don't ruin your door. im off wednesday and thursday and im right around the corner from you. do you still have my number?
Ha, I banged on it a few times with no luck. Don't think I ever got your number. I'm going to try something different to get at that tab though, people seem to have luck trying with an allen wrench.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #21866
bpalm004

My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan
OK, so now I know what I want and roughly how much I want to spend. Now I just need everyone's help with making the right desicions.

Supercharger/Turbocharger- ~$3000-$3500
Wheels/Tires (CSL's preferably)- ~$1000
Suspension/Lowering Kit- ~$1000

I don't want to do any engine swaps because my engine is too clean to be switching with one that might be defective.

That's really all I want and how much I am looking to spend for each, but of course I would like to save as much money as possible. My goal is to have these paid for and installed by mid May. Please keep your eyes open for anything you guys consider worth buying! I don't have nearly as much knowledge as some of you guys do when it comes to buying the right car parts. That is why I come here first before making any hasty decisions.
bpalm004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #21867
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
pricing seems low on all those items...

but I am not as familiar with e36 modifying.
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #21868
Impulsed7

prices are low on all those items.

try like 5500 for a turbo kit, and thats without tune and injectors. TRM kit, cheapest on the market. A used (and probably missing parts) supercharger kit is like 3500 for an intercooled one (the only one you want).

for the full list of NA mods (cams, HFM, chip, exhaust, intake) you could be looking at 3500 if you shop around. just dont go used on cams, you never know what condition they may be in or even if they are the right ones...

CSL reps+ some average tires would be about a grand. If you get a used set of coilovers you could be at 1K, but I highly recomend all new bushings and camber plates, and getting a look at your rear subframe and RTABS.

If I owned your car: and didnt want a swap...
Cat-back, S50 intake, 3.5"HFM, 3.5" intake, and a tune.
All new bushings (poly), used KW's or PSS9s.
shop around for another set of contours, run 2 sets of fronts for the DD with cheap tires on them maybe even 205 wides. Run both sets of rears for fun days with 235/40R17's (or wider) all around with some almost R comp tires.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #21869
JC_s_1998_M3

My Ride: 1998 M3 Vert
Send a message via Skype™ to JC_s_1998_M3
^+1
Old 03-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #21870
bpalm004

My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
prices are low on all those items.

try like 5500 for a turbo kit, and thats without tune and injectors. TRM kit, cheapest on the market. A used (and probably missing parts) supercharger kit is like 3500 for an intercooled one (the only one you want).

for the full list of NA mods (cams, HFM, chip, exhaust, intake) you could be looking at 3500 if you shop around. just dont go used on cams, you never know what condition they may be in or even if they are the right ones...

CSL reps+ some average tires would be about a grand. If you get a used set of coilovers you could be at 1K, but I highly recomend all new bushings and camber plates, and getting a look at your rear subframe and RTABS.

If I owned your car: and didnt want a swap...
Cat-back, S50 intake, 3.5"HFM, 3.5" intake, and a tune.
All new bushings (poly), used KW's or PSS9s.
shop around for another set of contours, run 2 sets of fronts for the DD with cheap tires on them maybe even 205 wides. Run both sets of rears for fun days with 235/40R17's (or wider) all around with some almost R comp tires.
Quoted so I can reread this.

Bushings and RTABS replaced at 52k so they should practically still be new. Just want to lower and put some nice wheels on them. I checked EuroWheelsPro.Com and they have a new set of CSL reps for $529 plus $85 shipping. I'm hesitant on buying them because I've never seen any reviews on the quality of these wheels. Any former customers here?

As for the suspension, i recall someone saying there was a sale on bilstiens and H&R's for $750? If this is true, someone let me know when, where, and if it's worth it.

Performance-wise, I wouldn't know where to begin looking for those parts but I'm giving myself till May so I guess I can take some initiative lol. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.
bpalm004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #21871
idriveane34

My Ride: kills bugs
Who can find me someone to fix the bends in these wheels that's making my front end have Parkinson's? First prize is an epic high five and a beer. Ready? GO.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #21872
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Tire rack has a special on Koni's most prefer them over bilsteins especially on lowered springs. Pair that with a set of H&R or whatever spring suits you and you'll be under 1k. I'm not a fan of the budget coilover route. I have bilsteins (several years old) on my car (but stock springs) if you want to get a feel for the ride of them.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #21873
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
That's strange... why is he refunding it? decided to keep it?
I'm not sure. I think Impressive (the shop that was doing his M3 swap) was dicking him around and he got pissed and took his car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
There was some talk of a rescheduled one this spring yet, but no word other than that. There is also still a possibility of something at that track in NC, but no info there either. Had you sent the paperwork/check in? I got a call asking me what I wanted them to do with my paperwork. If you sent the info in they should have contacted u. Otherwise I guess we just wait to hear what they are going to do.
Yeah I sent in my paperwork and got a message a couple weeks ago about the cancellation and something about attending a porsche event. Are you going to that?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #21874
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveane34 View Post
Who can find me someone to fix the bends in these wheels that's making my front end have Parkinson's? First prize is an epic high five and a beer. Ready? GO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmeSiR View Post
Hey snik i think these are the ppl you were referring to for wheel repair....

http://www.wheelandrimrepair.com/
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #21875
cozilla

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveane34 View Post
HOLLA!!! http://wheelandrimrepair.com/

sig by roddykaregaran
cozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #21876
cozilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
Let me know when you want to meet up to pick up the tool, I'll toss it in the trunk.
Sweet man thanks.

sig by roddykaregaran
Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #21877
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
I've got them rebuilding one of my wheels right now. I'll let you all know how it comes out/costs.
HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #21878
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
I took a rim to these guys once, although it couldn't be repaired they were really cool about it.

Watch out for using Google Maps to find them, it was wrong when I did. They are located in an industrial park, not a subdivision.

Also, the guy that just fixed Dave's rim was awesome. Dave has the contact number but after seeing the work that he was doing in his shop I guarantee he can fix just about anything. It was sick...
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #21879
cozilla

I need to get some rash fixed how close was the dude that Dave used?

sig by roddykaregaran
Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #21880
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
I need to get some rash fixed how close was the dude that Dave used?
This is the place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=36.911...,0.001206&z=20

On another note. All my pics are up on Facebook now from the meet and the Autocross.
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote