E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #23121
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
What time are you guys going there?
See the first post of the current meet thread for all info
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #23122
das BENZin

My Ride: 1985 380SE 5.6
20-25 page paper due Monday. Pages done? 0. Research done? Not yet, but at least I have all my sources compiled. What should I get for dinner?
das BENZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #23123
idriveane34

My Ride: kills bugs
I'm putting the finishing touches on a 10 page research paper in APA (ugh) format on teen pregnancy for my developmental psych class. The other women in my group are EXTREMELY pro-life (called abortion the "A-word"), and I may or may not written an entire page of this paper on the pros and cons of abortion... I'm just glad I didn't have to do research... just write the paper. I <3 writing.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #23124
das BENZin

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveane34 View Post
I'm putting the finishing touches on a 10 page research paper in APA (ugh) format on teen pregnancy for my developmental psych class. The other women in my group are EXTREMELY pro-life (called abortion the "A-word"), and I may or may not written an entire page of this paper on the pros and cons of abortion... I'm just glad I didn't have to do research... just write the paper. I <3 writing.
Isn't it a pain how everybody has their own formatting? First I had to learn MLA, then Chicago, then APSA, and now Bluebook. Bluebook btw is by far the dumbest form of citation ever. Any citation form that requires you to constantly refer to the deskbook is useless.

I lol'd at "the A-Word" though. Heck, my undergrad was affiliated with a church and until the mid-1970s was mandatory ROTC, males only, and required you to be a Christian to achieve tenure, and even there I never heard such nonsense.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #23125
das BENZin

I just realized something. After this paper, and 2 final exams, 1 of which is self-scheduled, I will have completed law school. Crap.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #23126
idriveane34

I don't disrespect certain peoples' forms of ignorance on topics (these women happen to be very misinformed on the idea of "the A-word"), whatever they may be... I just sort of make fun of them in my own thoughts. I will say that this paper is beautifully constructed... and that I rule.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #23127
das BENZin

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveane34 View Post
I don't disrespect certain peoples' forms of ignorance on topics (these women happen to be very misinformed on the idea of "the A-word"), whatever they may be... I just sort of make fun of them in my own thoughts. I will say that this paper is beautifully constructed... and that I rule.
I do not disrespect someone for being pro-life. I do disrespect a person for being so immature that she uses "the A-word" to refer to abortion. This would be like saying "N-word" when quoting from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

Last edited by das BENZin; 04-15-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #23128
JC_s_1998_M3

My Ride: 1998 M3 Vert
Send a message via Skype™ to JC_s_1998_M3
Anyone who is interested mani, bpalm, and I are going to be at Lucky's dueling piano bar in Hampton tonight. All are invited.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #23129
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_s_1998_M3 View Post
Anyone who is interested mani, bpalm, and I are going to be at Lucky's dueling piano bar in Hampton tonight. All are invited.
I'm going to be headed up to kiel's house later so we might be down.
HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #23130
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
That certainly is a tight rope you are walking cory. Be sure not to sink to their level, but put their ignorance in check with your knowledge at the same time!
HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #23131
idriveane34

I most definitely did. I occasionally have this uncanny way of arguing my point effectively to where my audience is actually able to open their perspective enough to listen and consider that what I have to say might be correct.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #23132
das BENZin

Why did the Domino's guy call me to tell me he is coming to deliver my pizza?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #23133
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
Kiel, can you take some pictures of those taillights you have up for sale
Its on the drivers side one...in the extreme right bulb section. i can get better pics later/tomorrow/this weekend lol. tryin to get Nate in bed and whatnot before headin out to the bar. then its roadtrip friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_s_1998_M3 View Post
mani? how bout marineifra

Last edited by marineifra; 04-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #23134
marineifra

its just one pic...but i forgot to get some others. its overcast and it sprinkled on the way back from Jacy's. we clayed, washed, waxed. and i traded him my ambers for smoked corners. i want to go darker though. but its a start! i almost shite my drawers when i thought my roundel was gone...nope, its just that shiny!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #23135
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
I'd very much like to read this paper of yours Cory, as I'm a firm believer it should be the womans's choice and no one else. I believe she should be fully educated of the pros and cons and she decides. And not saying the word abortion is retarded. Especially if you're discussing it. Same with ******. Its just a word, the context and intentions are more important. So if u wanna shoot me a copy I'd gladly tell you what I think, and seeing as I'm not a woman, I'm completely objective. But I've more than a few close girls who have had them for various reasons and I totally supported them.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #23136
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.
ok so the 7 is almost finished surgery. I fabricated, cut (literally with a hacksaw), and I need to do more cutting and sanding. The bumper looks totally different now. Now that i've been working at a auto shop...I get more work done.

My cam is down so I cant post pics...but it looks fairly well so far IMO.
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #23137
das BENZin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
I'd very much like to read this paper of yours Cory, as I'm a firm believer it should be the womans's choice and no one else.
In that case, shouldn't the man also have a mechanism by which he can unilaterally sever himself from his parental duties?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #23138
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Don't some men already do that?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #23139
das BENZin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Don't some men already do that?
Not if the state has anything to say about it. Heck, some will even put you in prison for not paying support (even though we supposedly got rid of debtor's prisons for situations where a person does not actually possess the funds...), take away your driver's license, take away your hunting license, put a lien on your property, etc. There is no mechanism by which a man may unilaterally relieve himself of his parental duties.

Even if the man expressed that he didn't want to have any kids, the woman performed oral sex on him, pretended to spit, but instead actually used a turkey baster to impregnate herself with it. Or lied to the man telling him the kid was his when it wasn't and then later divorced him to live with one of her adulterers.

Last edited by das BENZin; 04-15-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #23140
marineifra

me, ryan, alex, jc

me and holly

where were u brian?