E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #24321
das BENZin

My Ride: 1985 380SE 5.6
All I want is for **** to work out, is that too much to ask?
Anybody have an extra long needle nose plier I can borrow tonight or tomorrow?
Also, an automotive stethoscope would make you my hero, but the needle nose is more necessary.
das BENZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #24322
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
how long is extra long?

Cory, my car has sympathy for yours. Blew my radiator expansion tank today, girlfriend was "learning" manual driving today in a parking lot up the street, and it popped and spewed coolant everywhere... got it home barely before it got to hot that I would have to park it for a little bit for it to cool down before limping the rest of the way home, coasted most the way down colley and my street with the engine off to be honest. No power steering sucks. but got everything replaced today and is back up and running fine... might have found an OEM bike rack local that I will be checking out tomorrow hopefully.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #24323
das BENZin

The longer the better, but if the nose portion is longer than 6" we'd be getting somewhere.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #24324
idriveane34

My Ride: kills bugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
how long is extra long?

Cory, my car has sympathy for yours. Blew my radiator expansion tank today, girlfriend was "learning" manual driving today in a parking lot up the street, and it popped and spewed coolant everywhere... got it home barely before it got to hot that I would have to park it for a little bit for it to cool down before limping the rest of the way home, coasted most the way down colley and my street with the engine off to be honest. No power steering sucks. but got everything replaced today and is back up and running fine... might have found an OEM bike rack local that I will be checking out tomorrow hopefully.
hahahaha. awww. need a ride to al rudd?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #24325
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
Maybe I will try to switch the bolts from the front to the back because I have run the bimmerworld spacers and my other extended bolts on the front and no problems. Going to take a few pics brb.

What do you think? I think more poke in the rear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
VMR, Modbargains, kill the CSL's get the VMR Miro type 111. they are sick, mad concave.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #24326
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Screw it, get these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Forge...t_12298wt_1167
Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #24327
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
^ I would love those for track wheels
Old 05-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #24328
cozilla

My Ride: 2002 M3
I love those forgeline wheels.

Thanks for the complements on the car. I think I have a dude that wants to trade spacers. The offset on the wheels are Rear et22 + 12mm spacer for et 10 and the front is et38 +12mm spacer for et 26. Hopefully I can get those 15mm and run them in the rear.

Swish what plates do you have on your car? Where in the area do you live? I have seen 2 grey verts lately on mercury on my way home from work. Saw a red e46 m3 vert yesterday pulling a U turn on Hampton Roads Center Pkwy yesterday to get on the interstate. Didnt look familiar.

sig by roddykaregaran
cozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #24329
kaliboii

My Ride: 99' 323i
Yesterday I spotted a white 540i with and M badge? Rooling on 264 headed towards 64. Looked clean but was thrown off with the M

also spotted a e46 M3, charcoal grey with what seemed to be black rims on Oceana base. Looked nice but the tall spoiler was just a no go for me
Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #24330
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliboii View Post
Yesterday I spotted a white 540i with and M badge? Rooling on 264 headed towards 64. Looked clean but was thrown off with the M

also spotted a e46 M3, charcoal grey with what seemed to be black rims on Oceana base. Looked nice but the tall spoiler was just a no go for me
Both in my squadron. The 540 with the M badge is an officer who knows nothing about cars, I think it even may be an auto. Probably bought it that way from a salesman who convinced him it was an m5.

second car is a guy in the tech shop, bought it steel gray, with the black rims. got hit in the pass door and wanted something darker, so he resprayed the whole car. I didnt know he already bought the spoiler though. That man is up to his ears in debt, everytime he gets a pay raise, he goes out and finances something new.

Keep thinking I'm seeing ron in his m3, but it has a cinnamon interior. Happens almost daily on holland rd by dam neck. The guy even looks like ron.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #24331
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:

Thanks for the complements on the car. I think I have a dude that wants to trade spacers. The offset on the wheels are Rear et22 + 12mm spacer for et 10 and the front is et38 +12mm spacer for et 26. Hopefully I can get those 15mm and run them in the rear.

Swish what plates do you have on your car? Where in the area do you live? I have seen 2 grey verts lately on mercury on my way home from work. Saw a red e46 m3 vert yesterday pulling a U turn on Hampton Roads Center Pkwy yesterday to get on the interstate. Didnt look familiar.
sounds like your running 9s or 9.5s out back... how wide are they?
i wanna see it when youre done, see how much more room the M3s have to work with up front.. ive got a pretty good idea what the rears can taake. Like when i get one, i plan on putting my BBS wimz on it, but since theyre et45 18x10, i think i'll need 25mm spacers for the right look.
Snik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #24332
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Me and a few other guys are heading to Bakers Crust tonight for dinner. It's in Williamsburg and it's a great place to eat! If youre interested; please reply to this so we can add to the reservation. We will mee at AMC 24 at 645ish pm if you're interested... Thanks...

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #24333
cozilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
sounds like your running 9s or 9.5s out back... how wide are they?
i wanna see it when youre done, see how much more room the M3s have to work with up front.. ive got a pretty good idea what the rears can taake. Like when i get one, i plan on putting my BBS wimz on it, but since theyre et45 18x10, i think i'll need 25mm spacers for the right look.
My rears are 10 inch and my fronts are 8.5.

sig by roddykaregaran
Old 05-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #24334
XiKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Me and a few other guys are heading to Bakers Crust tonight for dinner. It's in Williamsburg and it's a great place to eat! If youre interested; please reply to this so we can add to the reservation. We will mee at AMC 24 at 645ish pm if you're interested... Thanks...
Here is the link to the place we are going to and lets just say you wont be disappointed http://www.bakerscrust.com/baker/ Good food, Good company, Good cars.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #24335
das BENZin

Quote:
Me and a few other guys are heading to Bakers Crust tonight for dinner. It's in Williamsburg and it's a great place to eat!
Just don't order Perrier. I've never been charged so much for such a small bottle (even at fancy restaurants).

I live 1.5 miles from the place, but I'm unsure if I'll have the car ready or not by then so I can't say add me (unless someone can come up with a really long pair of needle nose pliers and I'm able to get the vac timing advance line back on, right now I'm just counting on one of the guys at European Cars of Williamsburg to bring buy tools after he gets off work - btw, a shout out, them's good people there, and one of the only shops I've ever been to that did work on my car that did NOT leave me saying "want it done right, got to do it myself")

Last edited by das BENZin; 05-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #24336
kaliboii

My Ride: 99' 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
Both in my squadron. The 540 with the M badge is an officer who knows nothing about cars, I think it even may be an auto. Probably bought it that way from a salesman who convinced him it was an m5.

second car is a guy in the tech shop, bought it steel gray, with the black rims. got hit in the pass door and wanted something darker, so he resprayed the whole car. I didnt know he already bought the spoiler though. That man is up to his ears in debt, everytime he gets a pay raise, he goes out and finances something new.

Keep thinking I'm seeing ron in his m3, but it has a cinnamon interior. Happens almost daily on holland rd by dam neck. The guy even looks like ron.

yeah i noticed the temp plates on the 540 and got a quick view of the M3 as it rolled by while i was the bank. I know what car your talking about. The guy works a FRC, its clean, has temp plates too as if he just got it
Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #24337
WaterCop

My Ride: 2001 330ci vert.
Is anyone riding out to the Richmond drag strip tonight? Ill be there with a few friends, if it doesnt rain of course.
WaterCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #24338
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:

I have the Virginia Williamsburg plate (I think that's what its called) Red White and Blue type. I've been on Mecury a few times the past couple of weeks... I live off of HCRP by Harpersville.

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #24339
cozilla

Quote:
I have the Virginia Williamsburg plate (I think that's what its called) Red White and Blue type. I've been on Mecury a few times the past couple of weeks... I live off of HCRP by Harpersville.
Cool man yea I am alway on harpersville. I live in Hilton.

sig by roddykaregaran
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #24340
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
My rears are 10 inch and my fronts are 8.5.
snap, 10s at that offset, thats gonna be nice and poked out.
Snik is online now   Reply With Quote