E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #24901
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
Does anyone know if the frame on e46's are weak? Went to Sports & Imports yesterday and the guy told me they have a tendency to fail.
mike @ sports and imports...im guessing...he came across as a total "im better then you" douchebag but his shop did seem to be impressive. i just don't care for that attitude. ever. from anyone. ryan has had some great dealings with him tho and swears by him. so w/e...******* told me i'd be better off selling my car and buying a 5spd...b/c it'd be cheaper then buying and swapping a manual in. said it'd cost over 4500 to do a swap. really? w/e. he basically knocked my car so whatever, i don't like a$$holes like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
Geez, I've been stuck in Yorktown all day. I got lost getting off on Ft Eustis Exit. Taking a stroll down Jefferson Ave looking for gas the wrong way and ending up lost at the intersection of Yorktown Rd + Jefferson Ave. I pull into the 7 eleven and talk to some hot chick in there...she tells me to keep heading straight down Jefferson Ave. So I head down the way she told me to go, and now I'm lost completely. (This is where it gets confusing). My friend next to me in the passenger tells me to head back down Jefferson Ave. and make a left on Yorktown Rd. Doing so...takes me all the way into Williamsburg ending up where we had our photoshoot on Colonial Parkway! I'm totally lost. So I ask a bike rider which way back to 64? Luckily I was right around the area she told me to go for 64.

I also get lost looking for gas on the way back, but I found my way by making like 4 or 5 U-turns at a Citgo in Newport News.
LMFAO HOW did you get so lost? when you get off at ft eustis there are signs pointing at the gas stations...just sayin. and y didn't u get gas at the 7-11?

to ALL E46FANATICS....
i need your help. rather, Coventry Elementary needs your help. Field day is on friday and we need some more "parents" to help. As the PTA Field Day Coordinator, i secured permission to have friends of mine volunteer if they want to. you do NOT have to be a parent, a york county resident or anything. you can just "show up" so...friday...can anyone give me some of your time? at all? thanks in advance.
and if you can't but your wife can, pls talk to her and see if she wants to it'd be very well appreciated
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #24902
JC_s_1998_M3

My Ride: 1998 M3 Vert
Send a message via Skype™ to JC_s_1998_M3
Quote:
to ALL E46FANATICS....
i need your help. rather, Coventry Elementary needs your help. Field day is on friday and we need some more "parents" to help. As the PTA Field Day Coordinator, i secured permission to have friends of mine volunteer if they want to. you do NOT have to be a parent, a york county resident or anything. you can just "show up" so...friday...can anyone give me some of your time? at all? thanks in advance.
and if you can't but your wife can, pls talk to her and see if she wants to it'd be very well appreciated
I know for a fact I am not allowed within 100 yards of any school or school related activities so says my "paper work".
Old 06-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #24903
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
BAHAHAH! I concur.
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #24904
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_s_1998_M3 View Post
I know for a fact I am not allowed within 100 yards of any school or school related activities so says my "paper work".

HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #24905
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
whos in, i think im gonna do the 8km run...

http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...ENT_ID=1837525
Snik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #24906
bpalm004

My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan
Whats up everybody?!
bpalm004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #24907
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
so friggin pissed right now. The cover to my backup tail light fell off and now I have to pay $40 for a new one. Cheap ass assembly right there

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #24908
tothpl

My Ride: 2001 996 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
i wouldnt call it a recall. its a lawsuit thaty bmwna lost. and it only applies to stock cars. any modification, even switching tire sizes, they will show u the door.
my latest dealings with checkered flag, HA!! a while ago i was having some issues with my auto dim rear view mirror. got a new one, unplugged everything and replaced it. well the new one broke within the hour. but thats not the story. i noticed that my headlights were staying on all the time. them auto light/rain sensor wasnt working. i had insp.1 done at raceworks and asked then to see if they could figure it out. they couldnt and recommended that i take it to the stealership. so i reluctantly did. well they kept my car for 3 fricking weeks didnt touch it cause it had 'aftermarket lights' (my angel eyes, which have nothing to do with my headlight function) so it sat outside in the heat and weather for 3 ing weeks! and guess what it was... i forgot to plug the wire back in behind my rearview mirror. would have been the easiest money they ever made! i am really growing to hate them there.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car,
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
tothpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #24909
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Go to atlantic autowerks, they can probably do everything that the dealer can.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #24910
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
Finally a member of BMWCCA.
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #24911
bpalm004

How much do you have to pay to become a member of the BMWCCA??

I love BMW's...but I don't think I love them enough nor do I have the motivation to give them anymore money than my M3 has already taken from me lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #24912
Snik
OEM ///Member

its overrated, i think. i never renewed mine.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #24913
bpalm004

^^^That's what I always figured.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #24914
Snik
OEM ///Member

roundel magazine was about all i enjoyed, the HR group is a bunch of ole farts that dont do crap, but drive HWY down to outer banks, and the parts discount can be beat by most all site vendors.
Now they have this thing where they try to match AAA now...
waste of $$ to me.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #24915
badluckm3

My Ride: 95M3,03m3,99mcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineifra View Post
mike @ sports and imports...im guessing...he came across as a total "im better then you" douchebag but his shop did seem to be impressive. i just don't care for that attitude. ever. from anyone. ryan has had some great dealings with him tho and swears by him. so w/e...******* told me i'd be better off selling my car and buying a 5spd...b/c it'd be cheaper then buying and swapping a manual in. said it'd cost over 4500 to do a swap. really? w/e. he basically knocked my car so whatever, i don't like a$$holes like that
Wow man, you're so far off about Sports and Imports. I've been a customer of Mike for over 12 years now. And the "I'm better than you" comment is way way out of line. You may have some other underlying issues with people being honest with you, because that's all he's ever been to all his customers. I've sent countless customers to him because of his honesty and great work

He knows BMW's for sure, I'm guessing you do not. "He basically knocked my car"???!?!? You're ridiculous man. If you can't do the labor yourself, don't get pissed at a shop because he told you the truth. He's a good man, got a busy shop, and most likely doesn't have time to deal with tire-kickers who just ask "how much?", waste his time, and pay nothing for it.

Gotta love the internet, and the blasphemy it'll produce. I never post on this forum, but you're so far out of line, I had to...
badluckm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #24916
bpalm004

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluckm3 View Post
Wow man, you're so far off about Sports and Imports. I've been a customer of Mike for over 12 years now. And the "I'm better than you" comment is way way out of line. You may have some other underlying issues with people being honest with you, because that's all he's ever been to all his customers. I've sent countless customers to him because of his honesty and great work

He knows BMW's for sure, I'm guessing you do not. "He basically knocked my car"???!?!? You're ridiculous man. If you can't do the labor yourself, don't get pissed at a shop because he told you the truth. He's a good man, got a busy shop, and most likely doesn't have time to deal with tire-kickers who just ask "how much?", waste his time, and pay nothing for it.

Gotta love the internet, and the blasphemy it'll produce. I never post on this forum, but you're so far out of line, I had to...
Wow...this Mike guy must be Jesus!

Where is this shop located?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #24917
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:

i hate when people do that. if the dude gave him attitude, it doesnt matter what u or anyone else"s dealings were.
He got what he got and he said what he said.
Ive never dealt with this Mike guy except talk to him over the phone, but u cant say he was out of line in his opinion of the guy unless u were standing right there and witness something else. period.

Youre a 12 year customer, so yeah, of course youre opinion and treatment is gonna be different from some random dude. So keep on not posting if youre gonna knock dude for saying what he experienced.

It may not have been so much what Mike said, but HOW he said it. Your comment about time wasting and tire kicker is probably the same attitude your boy had that resulted in a bad tone and language that resulted in dude saying what he said about him.

Last edited by Snik; 06-07-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #24918
Snik
OEM ///Member

what u shouldve done is say, hey, im sorry man, maybe Mike this, or maybe he meant this... hes a good dude, and blah blah blah, instead of saying he is out of line and u dont know wtf happened.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #24919
badluckm3

My Ride: 95M3,03m3,99mcoupe
It's simple to conclude that dude was asking about a tranny swap, and he said you'd be better off just buying a new car than the cost of that swap. And that automatically means he's a "douchebag", "a$$hole", and "is knocking my car".

Come on now, I know you guys are tight-knit on the HR e46 forum, and you'll stick up for your fellow forum members. I just found it a bit ridiculous to go to that extent because he was given advice he didn't want to hear.

And you're right about what I could have said, just got me a little irked...
badluckm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #24920
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
It's simple to conclude that dude was asking about a tranny swap, and he said you'd be better off just buying a new car than the cost of that swap. And that automatically means he's a "douchebag", "a$$hole", and "is knocking my car".

Come on now, I know you guys are tight-knit on the HR e46 forum, and you'll stick up for your fellow forum members. I just found it a bit ridiculous to go to that extent because he was given advice he didn't want to hear.

And you're right about what I could have said, just got me a little irked...
again, were u there for the conversation? no.
u dont know HOW it was said, or what else was said.
So just because he wouldnt treat YOU that way, dont assume he wasn't annoyed by dude's question for God knows what reason and gave him attitude.
Ive been in his shoes where i got shitted on by the cat everyone swore by, and ive been in your shoes where someone has talked smack about my dude.

TRUST ME, it can go either way, and not knowing the full story u cant really flame dude.

2. Would u want to be told sell ur car and by another after inquiring about a mod. I bet Mike didnt ask if he would provide the parts either.

Its this simple dude, he wont get his business and he"ll find someone else to do it cheaper, or atleast without the nasty attitude. Besides, u said hes too busy anyway.

Last edited by Snik; 06-07-2010 at 10:10 AM.