E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #24921
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badluckm3 View Post
He's a good man, got a busy shop, and most likely doesn't have time to deal with tire-kickers who just ask "how much?", waste his time, and pay nothing for it.
Didn't know getting an estimate for work was such a horrible thing.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #24922
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #24923
badluckm3

My Ride: 95M3,03m3,99mcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
It's not, we all do it. But I don't come on here flaming shops because they said instead of spending $4500 on a tranny swap, may want to consider selling the autotragic, and get a manual car from the beginning. Really, not that bad a suggestion. Now if too much 'tude was sensed, get the sand out of your vagina, and move on to the next shop, or until you hear what you want to hear.

Not that big a deal.
badluckm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #24924
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
It's not, we all do it. But I don't come on here flaming shops because they said instead of spending $4500 on a tranny swap, may want to consider selling the autotragic, and get a manual car from the beginning. Really, not that bad a suggestion. Now if too much 'tude was sensed, get the sand out of your vagina, and move on to the next shop, or until you hear what you want to hear.

Not that big a deal.
ah, youre the one making a big deal. U made it such a big deal u stopped lurking and posted.
congrats btw.

did he make a thread about it?no. i dont even think too many of us noticed it, till u brought it up, i know i didnt.

he merely stated his experience. no crime there.
Again, your attitude towards his car/tranny type is the same attitude im sure your man gave to him and why we're are talking about this now.
Do you know dude? no, u dont, u only know one side(mike), and u are not being objective at all.
So how about you get the sand out of your vagina and stop crying over who has a problem with Mike and who doesnt. hmm?

do u work there or some sh1t?
wtf is the big deal?

dude went there, didnt enjoy his experience and stated it to us. done deal.
build a bridge and fukin get over it.

Last edited by Snik; 06-07-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #24925
hcaleman

Old 06-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #24926
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
You guys are a riot....
Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #24927
Snik
OEM ///Member

naw that **** pisses me off man, someone states their experience, and one mofo jumps up talking bout, oh, no, that didnt happen, or u cant say that, because i go there all the time and ive never had that happen.
wtf is that all about.. its fukin retarded, and annoys me.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #24928
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
Hey badluckm3, you finally posted in here. It's me, Calvin. How's the m3, you get it running yet?
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #24929
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #24930
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
I've been going to Sports and Imports for 10 years and I don't have one bad thing to say about the shop or mike. I sent kiel in that direction so he could buy some shock mounts off of him. I guess mike gets tired of people nickel and diming him as i've heard him vent a few of his frustrations to me before. I felt kinda bad sending kiel there to buy parts when that place isn't a parts store dude just happens to keep frequently needed parts on the shelf. No biggie though. I've caught a slight "holier than thou" feel from him a couple times but nothing worth remembering. I just know he will fix your **** right for a reasonable price and give you sound advice as he's been around the bmw block quite a few times.
HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #24931
Snik
OEM ///Member

nuff said. i"ll try to stay away from him then, thats for damn sure. hes not the only good shop in the area.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #24932
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
Quote:
Wow man, you're so far off about Sports and Imports. I've been a customer of Mike for over 12 years now. And the "I'm better than you" comment is way way out of line. You may have some other underlying issues with people being honest with you, because that's all he's ever been to all his customers. I've sent countless customers to him because of his honesty and great work

He knows BMW's for sure, I'm guessing you do not. "He basically knocked my car"???!?!? You're ridiculous man. If you can't do the labor yourself, don't get pissed at a shop because he told you the truth. He's a good man, got a busy shop, and most likely doesn't have time to deal with tire-kickers who just ask "how much?", waste his time, and pay nothing for it.

Gotta love the internet, and the blasphemy it'll produce. I never post on this forum, but you're so far out of line, I had to...
hey bud...go back, re-read my post. i said i didn't like him and stated my take away from the experience. then in the next sentence, i said that hes the only guy ryan deals with...
i have NO underlying issues with people being honest with me, wtf is that supposed to mean?
who said anything abt me NOT being able to do the labor myself? i was in his shop, spending MY money, on a product from him, and i simply made an inquiry. b/c it was and is something im thinking about doing. who said im a tire kicker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
It may not have been so much what Mike said, but HOW he said it. Your comment about time wasting and tire kicker is probably the same attitude your boy had that resulted in a bad tone and language that resulted in dude saying what he said about him.
exactly
Quote:
It's simple to conclude that dude was asking about a tranny swap, and he said you'd be better off just buying a new car than the cost of that swap. And that automatically means he's a "douchebag", "a$$hole", and "is knocking my car".

Come on now, I know you guys are tight-knit on the HR e46 forum, and you'll stick up for your fellow forum members. I just found it a bit ridiculous to go to that extent because he was given advice he didn't want to hear.

And you're right about what I could have said, just got me a little irked...
i knock the autotragic myself...but i bought the car KNOWING it was one...b/c the price was right for me. it wasn't what he said...it was HOW he said it. there was a LOT more then what i posted in here...i chose and continue to choose NOT to post it. nowhere did i say he doesn't do good work...i said hes a douchebag. and the swap isn't going to cost that much.
Quote:

Not that big a deal.
get the sand out of my vagina? this happend in march...and why is getting a manual instead of an auto that much better? do you know me? do you know anything abt me? i could have one leg and can't run a clutch...i could have one arm and not be able to shift and drive...theres many things abt me you don't know abt. i bought the car KNOWING it was an auto b/c it was the right price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
ah, youre the one making a big deal. U made it such a big deal u stopped lurking and posted.
congrats btw.

did he make a thread about it?no. i dont even think too many of us noticed it, till u brought it up, i know i didnt.

he merely stated his experience. no crime there.
Again, your attitude towards his car/tranny type is the same attitude im sure your man gave to him and why we're are talking about this now.
Do you know dude? no, u dont, u only know one side(mike), and u are not being objective at all.
So how about you get the sand out of your vagina and stop crying over who has a problem with Mike and who doesnt. hmm?

do u work there or some sh1t?
wtf is the big deal?

dude went there, didnt enjoy his experience and stated it to us. done deal.
build a bridge and fukin get over it.
Thank you Snik.

im going to leave this post w/ a feeling of disgust now and hope that this lurker turned poster goes and tells mike someone is bashing him and blah blah blah...im gonna go kick my tires now
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #24933
Snik
OEM ///Member

i couldnt give a fuk less if he tells him. truth is this is the 2nd time ive heard about this guys attitude.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #24934
The Law

Anyways, does anyone know why one of my relay is buzzing like crazy? It's a white one, relay two on this diagram http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...95&hg=12&fg=35 Also my fuel pump doesn't want to kick on? I'm wondering if it has gone bad, it's 255 lph walboro fuel pump. Don't know how long it has been there and if they can just break or not work all of a sudden.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #24935
hcaleman

If the relay is buzzing I would just replace it, can't be a good sign whatever the cause is. Some places say it is a sign of low voltage or high resistance, check your ground cables (at battery and engine to firewall) to see if they are still in one piece.

I had a walbro in my 240 that was fine. Their 255s are the same across most applications typically. I know some guys did have issues with them just suddenly dying on them (and killing their motors as it would happen mid-way down a track). People would typically try to upgrade to Bosch units (OE 300zx TT or GT-R pumps) for better reliability. Maybe you can find a higher flow bosch unit and get it to fit.

Last edited by hcaleman; 06-07-2010 at 12:59 PM.
hcaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #24936
The Law

Well, I got another relay and the new one is buzzing as well when I put it in. The key is not in the ignition by the way.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #24937
hcaleman

Ha well I don't know what to tell you then. What does that relay control?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #24938
The Law

All I can find is it controls motronic. What is motronic? I know it's some kind of control unit but what does it do.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #24939
Snik
OEM ///Member

the entire engine. ie. motor electronics.
its youre ecu, made by Bosch, motronic is the trade name.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #24940
The Law

Gotcha, so the DME is made by bosch?