E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #25181
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Put the spacers on the back, look pretty good, just need my 12's to get here from UUC (awful site and feedback) for the front.

Took it for a spin around the block. I don't seem to be getting any rubbing, but it's hard to tell, I could hear a bit of noise when making right turns coming from the rear. Checked the tire and it doesn't seem like I have any evidence of rubbing. I went over my driveway, a railroad crossing, gas station tank covers with no squealing sounds. Will do some more testing.

Before (yeah I know I need to cut the grass and trim):

After:

Last edited by hcaleman; 06-14-2010 at 09:30 PM.
hcaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #25182
hcaleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothpl View Post
yeah i just looked it the dates. definitely the 20th. just wanted a little more info about what goes on there. what i would need to bring. etc... i have never done anything like this before and from their site looks like a ton of people signed up. is there a first timers section? maybe i can bring the woman and get her to race her mini s.
If it's anything like an SCCA autox take everything loose out of car that you won't need (floor mats, junk in the trunk, coins, charms, trinkets, etc.). That is part of the tech inspection process. Make sure your battery tie-down is secure, your tire pressures are ok and tread is still good for a bit, check lugbolt torque, fluid levels and you are about good to go.

If you get into it you should buy your own helmet, stinky loaners suck. I used to do SCCA events for a while in AL, but fell out of practice over the past few years. I think when I move down to portsmouth I'll have more time again and these things will be a bit closer so I may try to get into them again. Need to figure out the steering column play first though.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #25183
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
wonder if its real, or not fuctup, helluva deal if it is.
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1762574421.html

i guess it is..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1777413755.html
Thanks Snik, gonna try to look at this later this week. Its almost the car I've been trying to get, but it will do if I convince the wife to take another car loan.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #25184
hcaleman

I've seen that a few times, looks like a nice car and interesting color (but who knows maybe that would get old real quick). What bank is crazy enough to give out loans on 10yr old cars?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #25185
hook_7

My Ride: e36 m3
Quote:
zach, the same one that sold it, bought a lightning then sold that?
are you back woth BMWs?

i dunno what the deal is with E36s, click my sig, shoot him a PM. Nate is good peeps, he'll prolly make one for u if he doesnt have any, if theyre even different.
My 99 shares a lot with E36s and i get no errors with his LEDs.
no different one. lol you were using my camera at daves bbq a while ago...
we need to do that again!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #25186
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDeuce View Post
Lots of pro race drives will tell you the best car control comes out of the Autocross scene, they are NERDS about under/oversteer, braking, and fluid movement between turns. Any one of them would LOVE to ride in the car with you and teach you everything they know for a few runs, and any will give you an honest opinion on what you need. Best of all, that advice is FREE.

Go to an event at ACU-4 (www.tidewatersportscarclub.com) and just run it. Beat the hell out of whatever you have (M NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE FUN) and by your 3rd event, you will know EXACTLY how capable you are with your car, without ever breaking 60 MPH. ACU-4 is located on the Little Creek Base, right off Shore Drive.

After that, you can decide if you want to move forward and track, HPDE, whatever. I guarantee you that despite the slow speeds, if you have never done it before, an Autocross will have your Heartrate way up after every run.
One of my old posts about it.

Check out that website, or autocross.us for all of the newbie info you could ever want. Registrations are open right now at the Tidewater site. Make SURE you get your name/car/etc on the Access List. (Read all of the links under the Autocross tab.)

I will be there, in Heat 2. I will be heading there as early as I can wake up (8 or so-ish) and I would be more than happy to walk you through any questions you have. Tech and such is very easy. Take any/everything that you don't need out of the car. You can bring basic tools if you like, mostly a waste. A portable air pump is great (My M3 has one in it already) and a decent tire pressure gauge.

Just use the loaner helmets for a while, that will let you know if you like the open face or not. You won't get lice from them... It is fine.

And last but not least, make sure you check the time for the Novice briefing, they will give you all the info you need to have a fun day. Really, it is a great time.
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #25187
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
I've seen that a few times, looks like a nice car and interesting color (but who knows maybe that would get old real quick). What bank is crazy enough to give out loans on 10yr old cars?
Um...NAVY FEDERAL. They gave me a loan for my 1990 750iL 4 years ago and gave me my second loan for my 740iL 3 years ago and both are now paid off. and now I just got another loan with navy federal, 2000 323i. (10 YEARS OLD!)
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #25188
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Charlie, spacer look like they were just the trick. Success! . Zach, where the hell have u been how's the car, are u coming to the next meet. As for that M5 it looks VERY familiar to me too, but not sure. And as far as the loan, mine was 9 yo and I got 100% finance from nfcu. As long as the car is at or below book value, and you're in good standings, I'm sure u could get it from a CU.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #25189
Snik
OEM ///Member

Brad in something other than a E36. Hmmm, I'd have to see this. What a sight it would be. Dibs on test drive if u cop it.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #25190
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
WOOOO HOOOO!!! Somebody say NASCAR

I'm going to bring the RV to the september richmond race if anyone wants to join and get **** faced and **** with rednecks.

Quote:
wonder if its real, or not fuctup, helluva deal if it is.
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1762574421.html

i guess it is..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1777413755.html
Yeah, my buddy at work is going to test drive it. He's been in touch with the owner. It's also posted on drag. I guess the owner has been trying to sell it for a while.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #25191
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal E46 View Post
WOOOO HOOOO!!! Somebody say NASCAR

I'm going to bring the RV to the september richmond race if anyone wants to join and get **** faced and **** with rednecks.
We went to the race last year. **** faced is right... We had a great time.

Keep me posted on that, if I am in town I absolutely intend to go.
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #25192
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
Yeah I'm going to try and go to that nascar race too, last one was a blast!

Also, i should be at teh autocross sunday for my first go round. Lookin forward to it!!
HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #25193
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
The wif says no M5... wants small crossover SUV...

This just means I save money when I buy a forester turbo, and I put it towards an e60 M5...
Old 06-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #25194
hcaleman

Show her a few wagons, they are more spacious than a lot of crossovers and drive better. A 540iT would be great. Their is a guy here with a Boston Green one, I want to buy it off him badly.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #25195
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.
///M5. (seriously.) hmmm. I think it's time to sell this 323 to my next door neighbor who wants it. That ///M is looking pretty damn good right about now. I could stand another v8 too.

I'll go check it out today probably.
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #25196
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
The wif says no M5... wants small crossover SUV...

This just means I save money when I buy a forester turbo, and I put it towards an e60 M5...
tell her the X5 4.6iS is small.and very crossover. crossover sports car.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #25197
hcaleman

range rover sport HSE supercharged, is nice on paper.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #25198
Snik
OEM ///Member

^ on paper. yes. in reality, i hear u better have a nice checkbook. lol
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #25199
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Charlie, spacer look like they were just the trick. Success! . Zach, where the hell have u been how's the car, are u coming to the next meet. As for that M5 it looks VERY familiar to me too, but not sure. And as far as the loan, mine was 9 yo and I got 100% finance from nfcu. As long as the car is at or below book value, and you're in good standings, I'm sure u could get it from a CU.
Ive been here for about a month man. Went to the last meet, but Ive been working and saving up for the M. Sold my car to my dad, since my mom got the camaro Its a great feeling knowing all the money and time I poured into that car isnt going away. For the mean time, Im just checking for the right M3 daily...still cant find it, but hopefully soon and Ill be at the next meet hence why I created the thread for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #25200
Snik
OEM ///Member

^ was talking to the other Zach. :p

must be nice. my money is jacked up. no M for me in sight right now. Turbokanji is selling his. It doesnt get much righter than his.