E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #29801
hook_7

My Ride: e36 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
A quick look at the forum that posted the meet was a clue as to what to expect. A bunch of slammed fwd toyotas with spacers. One of them was awful, put a phone on the ground to show how his front suspension was only half an inch from the street. Idiotic.
When my rx8 was slammed it was about 2in off the ground. I cracked the ac condense and radiator on the bumps on 64 back when the were doing it. It is so not worth it to be that low. Especially around here

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #29802
Shipkiller

My Ride: 2008 Z4MC & 2003 Z4
3M Invisabra is the best money you can spend if you like your car to look good.
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.

Drives a 2008 Z4M Coupe' (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

www.shipkiller.com
Shipkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #29803
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Anyone of you who have pulled apart an e36 driver's door assembly. Where does this yellow connector go in the door? I think I somehow undid mine over the weekend and can't see where it goes now.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #29804
m3forchau

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
There were a couple examples of European cars, but most of the cars there were made in Japan. Some were extensively modified and some not. The reoccurring theme that struck me was some of the shoddy workmanship and lack of attention to detail on the moddified cars. And then there was the plethora of Carbon Fiber… IMHO, Street Racers overdue the CF theme. When your CF hood is now yellow, it’s time to replace it….

I saw one red E46 M3 with lots of road rash up front (that made me sick, I love the E46 M3) and IMHO, a haphazardly modified 335i.
Lol, the red E46 M3 was me. I need a paint job, I know...

2001 Imola Red ///M3
m3forchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #29805
Shipkiller

My Ride: 2008 Z4MC & 2003 Z4
Damn nice car.....

The only real issues I saw was the front end.

Dr. ColorChip might fix that but it really needs a front respray. That color is awesome....

Then put the Invisashield on the front end. That will END any chipping/scratching on those area's....

I try to tell people about this but most are skeptical. After one year and 16K miles, seven track weekends, I have not one issue where the 3M treatment is... It is truly amazing...
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.

Drives a 2008 Z4M Coupe' (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

www.shipkiller.com
Shipkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #29806
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Dr. ColorChip might fix that but it really needs a front respray. That color is awesome....

Then put the Invisashield on the front end. That will END any chipping/scratching on those area's....
Just a note to say that Dr. Colorchip is awesome. It does amazing things...

Yes, put something over it (invisashield, whatever) because it will fall out/off/wear away if you do not.
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #29807
E46erFan01

My Ride: 2003.5 BMW M3
I have a red m3 and just used dr. Colorchip on my bumper. It did a really good job. Very impressed. I give it a 9 out of 10. should hold me over till next year when I get my car resprayed. I have alot left over if anyone wants to use it.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #29808
m3forchau

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Damn nice car.....

The only real issues I saw was the front end.

I try to tell people about this but most are skeptical. After one year and 16K miles, seven track weekends, I have not one issue where the 3M treatment is... It is truly amazing...
Yea, ive been reading about the invisashield and will definitely get it when i get it repainted.

2001 Imola Red ///M3
m3forchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:04 AM   #29809
hook_7

Hey rob we are not going to 4ngiefest this year we close on our house on April 25. So we need to save as much money as we can

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #29810
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
A quick look at the forum that posted the meet was a clue as to what to expect. A bunch of slammed fwd toyotas with spacers. One of them was awful, put a phone on the ground to show how his front suspension was only half an inch from the street. Idiotic.
whats so idiotic about it? its a reference for height. ive seen Porsche and Ferrari as well as several BMWs on here that low.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #29811
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Driving a car around that low is plain stupid. Geometry is out of whack, bumpsteer all over the place. Dropping a bmw, porsche, etc 3-4" for street driving, equally silly. It definitely isn't a performance benefit. The kicker is those guys are located in this area where roads are horrible. The only thing they are accomplishing is increasing their likelihood of breaking something on a 264 sinkhole and slowing everyone else down.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #29812
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Driving a car around that low is plain stupid. Geometry is out of whack, bumpsteer all over the place. Dropping a bmw, porsche, etc 3-4" for street driving, equally silly. It definitely isn't a performance benefit. The kicker is those guys are located in this area where roads are horrible. The only thing they are accomplishing is increasing their likelihood of breaking something on a 264 sinkhole and slowing everyone else down.
so you think im stupid?
there are ways to fix the geometry, and yes driving has to be adjusted, but really you also have to adjust your driving for any car with low profile tires.

i dont get why you guys get all bent out of shape.
let people do what they want man, its their car, their money, if we all felt like you do, we'd all have stock cars. and to me, that aint cutting it.

its just personal preference, personal style, they have theirs, you have yours.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #29813
hook_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
so you think im stupid?
there are ways to fix the geometry, and yes driving has to be adjusted, but really you also have to adjust your driving for any car with low profile tires.

i dont get why you guys get all bent out of shape.
let people do what they want man, its their car, their money, if we all felt like you do, we'd all have stock cars. and to me, that aint cutting it.

its just personal preference, personal style, they have theirs, you have yours.

No disrespect hcale!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #29814
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:
so you think im stupid?
your car is not as stupid low as what he is talking about. That and BMW's lowest point is the front swaybar. Not like most FWD cars where its the oil pan, and death to engine.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #29815
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
your car is not as stupid low as what he is talking about. That and BMW's lowest point is the front swaybar. Not like most FWD cars where its the oil pan, and death to engine.
LIES!!!

Its the x-brace if you put it on....
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #29816
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Hey anyone need a roommate? My roommate just got pregnant and married, so my room is getting turned into a nursery..
Old 03-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #29817
robb1887

Damn... that sucks. No room here, but I can board the M3 while you look for a new home... haha. Just one condition of leaving the keys with me. I might have some friends that are interested. I'll see what I can find out
Old 03-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #29818
Snik
OEM ///Member

interesting... anyone wanna try at these...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=831558
Old 03-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #29819
robb1887

not it... 19's are to big for me
Old 03-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #29820
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
interesting... anyone wanna try at these...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=831558
Do want!! Anyone want some VMRs??

Quote:
Damn... that sucks. No room here, but I can board the M3 while you look for a new home... haha. Just one condition of leaving the keys with me. I might have some friends that are interested. I'll see what I can find out
Haha, the M3 and I are a package deal.. I'm not moving out till August, but if you know anyone cool/trustworthy let me know. I'll pretty much be an invisible roommate because I'm always at sea.