E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.90 average.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #8001
titog

My Ride: 03 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcalister View Post
i got my tint done @ bay custom auto (there tint shop is next door) in newport news they did a great job and were very fair id reccomend them.

if anyone is in the area and wants to come through to a party hit me up on the text 358-0913
my buddy said bay is legit as hell, just a little too far from vb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Let us know how your trip was ok
great! unfortunately the girls me and my boy went back with didn't end up aspiring to what was originally thought

Quote:
no but thanks for reminding me, mines due next month
so's mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THATS FRESH View Post
yup. they work fast but give great quality jobs.

they specialize in lots of luxury cars. thats why the dealers use them. quality work. just let me know so i can give you the dealer price (=

i doubt state inspections are open on sundays.
Quote:
$155. they can have it done in 2hrs.
If that's the price i want to set something up like next week or the week after. i just need the side windows done, i'm thinking 50 so i don't get too many tickets.

Quote:
he used to be but bailed on us
i rode past your car when you were rolling down norfolk ave (9thstreet) on saturday on my bike but i don't think you noticed me.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #8002
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Quote:
yeah man, id like to snap some good pics of my car so that i can have a better sig pic then a cell phone picture
Heres a quick sig for you Dave

jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #8003
THATS FRESH

My Ride: SSHNIPER
Send a message via AIM to THATS FRESH Send a message via Skype™ to THATS FRESH
Quote:
yeah man, id like to snap some good pics of my car so that i can have a better sig pic then a cell phone picture
give me a ring. i only do it for a living you know. lOL

tito, just let me know when you want to go in. maybe we can all bring our cars in there. i have another BMW as well that i need to schedule. 50% for less harrassment...IMO.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #8004
The3.0

My Ride: 2001 330ci cabby
Quote:
Yeah they're called Atlantic Shoreline Tinting.

3.0, your car looks good man.
Thank you sir. I got motivated and detailed the car before the shoot. No clay bar though. Just scratch remover and polish.

Quote:
nice car man, Im usually into coupes but your vert looks good, seriously
I wasn't either. I just saw so much potential in it when I found it.

2001 330CIc
The3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #8005
dmcalister

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
Heres a quick sig for you Dave

woot sig for save.. however i wish this pic had my splitters in it

yaarr, thanks for the sig pick matey! (now i just gotta get my reflectors painted... )

UPDATE: just ordered painted reflectors from TMS

but first to figure out why i lost 5th gear on the way into work today... was playing with a bike shifted into 5th, lost all acceleration, tranny light poped, and lost 5th gear... eventually power returns, once i get to work and shut down the car light is gone and 5th is back...

*waves bye to smg pump*

.. its due anyways.. horray 4k repair! smg..

Last edited by dmcalister; 04-21-2009 at 11:08 AM.
dmcalister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #8006
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:

*waves bye to smg pump*

4K? ouch... damn e46's j/k

It cant seriously be that much? take it to that place that did your other work for cheap...

my car is in the shop too, Im tired of pissin with it little bit by bit, so off to Racewerks. Thinkin about another windshield banner from them too.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #8007
titog

Quote:

yaarr, thanks for the sig pick matey! (now i just gotta get my reflectors painted... )

but first to figure out why i lost 5th gear on the way into work today... was playing with a bike shifted into 5th, lost all acceleration, tranny light poped, and lost 5th gear... eventually power returns, once i get to work and shut down the car light is gone and 5th is back...

*waves bye to smg pump*

real men drive manuals
Old 04-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #8008
dmcalister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
4K? ouch... damn e46's j/k

It cant seriously be that much? take it to that place that did your other work for cheap...

my car is in the shop too, Im tired of pissin with it little bit by bit, so off to Racewerks. Thinkin about another windshield banner from them too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by titog View Post
real men drive manuals
oh, hah dont get me wrong, i wont be spending 4k to get it fixed thats for damn sure, thats just the usual break / fix price from teh stealership, the pump it self as a oem re-man is like 1.5k i believe im gonna do some more digging around before i call ben @ auto-envy
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #8009
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
oh, hah dont get me wrong, i wont be spending 4k to get it fixed thats for damn sure, thats just the usual break / fix price from teh stealership, the pump it self as a oem re-man is like 1.5k i believe im gonna do some more digging around before i call ben @ auto-envy
damn man. Thats why Ill be sticking with manual when it comes time to buy. Ive heard great things about SMG but Ive also heard some not so great things but personally I wouldnt know
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #8010
THATS FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
my car will be there this week too. John and the crew are great at what they do and a whole lot cheaper than the dealership. ill try and get a shot of our cars if theyre next to each other on the lifts. lOL

Quote:
damn man. Thats why Ill be sticking with manual when it comes time to buy. Ive heard great things about SMG but Ive also heard some not so great things but personally I wouldnt know
luckily the SMG pump is easy to get to once on the lift. hope you get that taken care of dave...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #8011
dmcalister

yeah, well surfing the net and after talkin to a few ppl they are saying it might be a programming issue, i just had my smg computer re-flashed @ the dealership when i took it in for a checkup, there was a service call in for it etc.. if thats the case then its going back.. hopefully thats the case, however there is a smg tranny on the forums right now for 2k w/ only 2500 miles on it
Old 04-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #8012
THATS FRESH

thats good to hear dave. good news on my part too. just got off the phone with my new SA at CF BMW and he will cover the starter (if it is the starter). WOOHOO. lets just hope its just the starter and nothing electrical...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #8013
dmcalister

thats great news actually, with your car being a mt6 its not that bad of a install to get it replaced, also i did some looking around and saw a bosh starter for 160 + ship. hopefully this fixes it, did you end up paying the tow to get it there also?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #8014
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Quote:

complain, complain gets it for free and wants more...

some photoshopping and here you go.

jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #8015
dmcalister

lol tempting to actually use that!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #8016
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
lol tempting to actually use that!
use it
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #8017
dave_202730

My Ride: '08 135i & '00 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vze3t229@verizo View Post
PNDXTR
What up, Just been busy at work... have to keep these BMW's on the the road sell'n parts, to people who can afford them and poor f---s who can't. I got plans for yor ride when I pick it up from transport back to the U.S. I talked to Brian about your trunk and he'll see if he can clean it up a bit for you. Other than that I'll have my guys here pressure wash your car and get a master tech give it once over. This is the same master tech who welded my rear subframe back to my chassis. I'll tell u later...long story. Just keep in touch with me and let me know when U plan to get your ride stateside.
Take care
Speaking of trunks.. have you heard anything about my new 135i trunk lid being shipped from Germany? I'm having the 135i repaired at Phillips mercedes and the guy, Alan Howe, said he ordered the new parts through your work. My 135i has been off the road since being rear ended March 19th.. and it's killing me.

I might have to order a seibon carbon fiber trunk lid to get me by for awhile. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #8018
THATS FRESH

Nah I'm getting it towed tomorrow to the dealership. Road assistance is covering it
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #8019
NFSx328ci

My Ride: TiAg E46
Quote:
are you in HR too?
I was for a while, then i moved up to Connecticut but i try to keep up on the forums for HR when ever i get a chance

My babies; Supercharged 328ci, 99 GSX boosted to 625awhp, 2011 Grand Cherokee. Newest addition: 2009 Alpine White 135i
NFSx328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #8020
titog

Quote:
Nah I'm getting it towed tomorrow to the dealership. Road assistance is covering it
so if i go to this tint shop how do i get the discount?