E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #9281
THATS FRESH

My Ride: SSHNIPER
Send a message via AIM to THATS FRESH Send a message via Skype™ to THATS FRESH
just started the correction stage of this car. its kicking my ass. i got about 80% corrected but im aiming for 100%.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #9282
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Justin, I'm thinking 15 and 10mm spacer but I haven't seen a car with style 44s in a minute so I don't remember how much space they leave. One good look at it in person and I could tell you.

I got 2 hid kits at home, but I'm not putting them in till I get a P46 kit, then I'll do one for the fogs and headlights. I'm going 6k on the headlights, but I haven't decided on the fogs, not sure if I wanna match the headlights or go yellow with 3k hids below.

I say your 8 and 10k are a waste because once you go above 6.5k you actually produce less useable light than the lower temps. So it looks cool, but get cuaght in a blackout or a dark backroad and its pure sh1t.
Ok, well the next time you see some 44's check them out and let me know.

You're going with the P46 kit? So if you havent decided which color you want the fogs then what color kits do you have? I'll agree that anything over 5k actually loses light output, but we live in Virginia where there's street lights all over the place. I'm not gonna lose that much light, and the factory 4300K was looking too much like standard non-HID lights to me, and then 8K's look good, but I saw someone with 10k's and I liked the color blue it produced. So I decided to go with that. I'll post pics soon.

If I were you I'd match fogs and headlights, but if you're worried about getting caught in a blackout in Virginia, then you might want to go with the 3K fogs since they have the shortest wavelength and produce a more visible light. But IMO thta look is too "*****" I see too many Honda's or Acura's with that off-set combination. Blue or purple lights and yellow fogs.

So nobody wants a pair of D2S 8K bulbs for cheap? They're practically brand new. Only used a couple days. I'll even install them (it's so easy)
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #9283
THATS FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
I see too many Honda's or Acura's with that off-set combination. Blue or purple lights and yellow fogs.

So nobody wants a pair of D2S 8K bulbs for cheap? They're practically brand new. Only used a couple days. I'll even install them (it's so easy)
i have 3k HID fogs.

what price is cheap (for those 8ks)
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #9284
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Hey Glen where do I get that 303 Aerospace Protectant stuff you recomend? you said Boat World? Where is that? There is a Boaters World in the Hill Top area is that where I can get it?
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #9285
THATS FRESH

yeah try that boaters world. i know the boat world by janaf shopping center has it. looks like this 303 Aerospace
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #9286
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
I read about it in a european BMW mag a while back, I didnt realize Turner sold them until I saw it the other day. I will probably end up getting one... Edit after reading some of the threads on here we will see ... ok back to Dave use your gift certificate and get one so you can let me know if it makes a difference.
Wow, 300 bucks for "throttle response" On daves car he has that little button that says sport... does the same thing that connector does, for free. I think for 300 bucks you guys could plant your foot faster. Also most aftermarket tunes crisp up the response as well, and some of them cost less than that connector.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #9287
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thats fresh View Post
i have 3k hid fogs.

What price is cheap (for those 8ks)
$60
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #9288
jwm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
Wow, 300 bucks for "throttle response" On daves car he has that little button that says sport... does the same thing that connector does, for free. I think for 300 bucks you guys could plant your foot faster. Also most aftermarket tunes crisp up the response as well, and some of them cost less than that connector.
yea after reading more about it I think it is a waste for the most part. I have the conforti software already... I didnt realize M3's had a sport button, figured they were "Sport" right out of the gate... my wagon doesn't have a sport button, I guess its got its game face on from the word go
Old 07-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #9289
Impulsed7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
yea after reading more about it I think it is a waste for the most part. I have the conforti software already... I didnt realize M3's had a sport button, figured they were "Sport" right out of the gate... my wagon doesn't have a sport button, I guess its got its game face on from the word go
Truff... wagons dont need no stinkin sport button. Supposed to fly out of key west Sat morning at 9AM, so we shall see about this meet. Hopefully all goes as planned. Now the debate is whether to bring the black one or the green one..
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #9290
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
the "sport mode" can be permanently tuned into the cars ECU even if the car doesnt have such a button.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #9291
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
Ok, well the next time you see some 44's check them out and let me know.

You're going with the P46 kit? So if you havent decided which color you want the fogs then what color kits do you have? I'll agree that anything over 5k actually loses light output, but we live in Virginia where there's street lights all over the place. I'm not gonna lose that much light, and the factory 4300K was looking too much like standard non-HID lights to me, and then 8K's look good, but I saw someone with 10k's and I liked the color blue it produced. So I decided to go with that. I'll post pics soon.

If I were you I'd match fogs and headlights, but if you're worried about getting caught in a blackout in Virginia, then you might want to go with the 3K fogs since they have the shortest wavelength and produce a more visible light. But IMO thta look is too "*****" I see too many Honda's or Acura's with that off-set combination. Blue or purple lights and yellow fogs.

did you read what i wrote?
Quote:
I'm going 6k on the headlights, but I haven't decided on the fogs, not sure if I wanna match the headlights or go yellow with 3k hids below.
6k is just about right, its still a white light and a hint of blue...

i may live in VA, but i do travel and its not uncommon to see all the lights out on the interstate for blocks and blocks.
6k is effective lighting, 4.3k is pure white. i dont car what the other cars have, i know what i want, i want a white light with a hint of blue.

full blue lights are illegal, and purple is too close. You can be charged with impersonating a LEO with blue lights.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #9292
Impulsed7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
full blue lights are illegal, and purple is too close. You can be charged with impersonating a LEO with blue lights.
yet again why VA sucks, most other states its only if you have blue and red lights that show at the same time. Which is pretty much impossible for HID's. But he is sooo right about the 6K and below being best, outrunning your headlights is scary.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #9293
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
yet again why VA sucks, most other states its only if you have blue and red lights that show at the same time. Which is pretty much impossible for HID's. But he is sooo right about the 6K and below being best, outrunning your headlights is scary.
VERY scary.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #9294
cozilla

My Ride: 2002 M3
I upgraded my 4300K bulbs to 6k for 30 buck from DDM

sig by roddykaregaran
cozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #9295
titog

My Ride: 03 ZHP
MY CAR IS FOR SALE:
http://vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300080

let me know what you guys think, or if you know anybody. long story short is i may be getting laid off in September. Not in a huge hurry to sell, i'm pretty far ahead on payments so it's not breaking my budget to keep it on. daily driven. car will be fully detailed and waxed prior to sale. Price is relatively firm, and i insist it goes to a good owner. from the best of my knowledge 95% of work has been performed by BMW dealerships and all the records are in the glove box and will go with car.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #9296
THATS FRESH

[QUOTE=titog;10265354]...long story short is i may be getting laid off in September. car will be fully detailed and waxed prior to sale. Price is relatively firm, and i insist it goes to a good owner.QUOTE]

sad to hear but not a surprise. everyone left and right is getting laid off.

make sure you schedule to drop if a few days before you sell it. ill take care of that detail.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #9297
titog

My Ride: 03 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by THATS FRESH View Post
sad to hear but not a surprise. everyone left and right is getting laid off.

make sure you schedule to drop if a few days before you sell it. ill take care of that detail.
yeah man, i'm pretty confident to find a new job quickly, however i don't' know where it might be so i need to be ready to move right away..etc. also if i get more work around here i will keep it longer until i get a price i view as acceptable for a pretty damn immaculate 6 yr old car.

the payments won't kill me either so i'm pretty firm on my feet.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #9298
Snik
OEM ///Member

Nice. Very clean.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #9299
dmcalister

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
yeah man, very nice ride, saw it @ freedom that one time and took note of how clean it was. you wont have a problem getting what u want for it. goodluck!!

sport button ftw

i got 6k highs and 6k fogs, anything else isnt worth your time / money. 10k?? lol i guess if your goin for looks not function you are ahead of the game.. but i like to have some sort of funtion for the mod..

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281659

check that out.. big meet in va beach from 10-4 for thoes that arent commin to my place.. id like to goto the meet @ thomas nelson but it will be more fun chillin @ my place anyways! i forgot did we set a time for sat. yet??

my cars goin back in the shop the 22nd.. dme update (cat still lagging / causing a stall) this was released last month.. so get your asses back into your shop! also rear subframe check up.. and unfortunatley tranny fekkin up again.. threw another fault, still doing what it was when i initially got it looked @ 3 weeks back.. though ive had all these problems w/ the flash from CF they have been making sure i was taken care of, or at least making an effort too, so i commend them on their efforts such far.

Last edited by dmcalister; 07-08-2009 at 02:16 PM.
dmcalister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #9300
jwm5

No we didnt set any time yet, your the host let us know...