E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #14941
SpeedTheory

My Ride: Red queermobile
Send a message via AIM to SpeedTheory
Phoenix Yellow = Ugliest Color Ever.

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
SpeedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #14942
idriveane34

My Ride: kills bugs
haha. we actually established that the other day in the bimmerforums HR thread
Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #14943
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post
Not true ^^ If done right it can look good, I have seen a few that were IMO Dakar is also a color that if done right is good, if not is really bad.

There are some nasty older BMW individual or special order colors out there There are a few Z3 colors that are really bad.

Fiji Green and Turquoise. Yes factory colors

Last edited by jwm5; 10-23-2009 at 04:54 PM.
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #14944
jwm5

# INDIVIDUALSERIE JAPAN : SUNDOWN metallic paint , Color of the EXTENDED interior > Cassis , Nappa leather & black piping added to the heated seats , White blinkers & foglamps, Airco, M-suspension , M steering wheel cassis colored , chrome line interior, velour floor mats , this one : 1997 - 1.8 4-cyl , 25% sper

Was a Factory Z3 Individual option
Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #14945
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Anyone know how you link a "route" together via Google Maps? Ron did it in the Meet planning thread for the Oct 11th meet. But he edited his post and now I can't figure out how to link a route together.
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #14946
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
eww with the uber gey colors.

well got my car back, while not 100% back to the way it was, id give it a nice98% or so.
im not anal or a perfectionist of any sorts, so im happy, now i just got to clean her up and sort out my system.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #14947
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post
cant really deny that.... it looks good on nothing....
Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #14948
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
Anyone know how you link a "route" together via Google Maps? Ron did it in the Meet planning thread for the Oct 11th meet. But he edited his post and now I can't figure out how to link a route together.
It isn't the easiest thing. Sometimes it just doesn't want to cooperate.

Notice that you can move the selected destinations up and down the list on the left side. Add as many destinations as you need, and order them correctly and it will mostly be automatic. You might have to edit your specific route a bit (Which you can do with careful dragging of the route on the map itself)
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #14949
latino1ny

Well I was able to get the route planned just fine, however, there is no URL for the route. The URL stayed for the base location. So I can't copy and paste it here for you guys to look at. I'll post a pic of the route though. Dunno if anyone is interested
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

Old 10-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #14950
latino1ny

Ok, dunno if anyone's interested, but here is a route we can take. It's a bit of a drive but WELL worth it. The entire way is twisty winding back roads except for the portion that we're on I-64. Everything else is fun to drive. Most of the way the speed limit is 45 IIRC so you can do ~55 and get away with it.

I figure since everyone seems to want CHiP, there is one in Newport News off Jefferson, near the Patrick Henry mall. We can eat there, then cruise down Jefferson to the JRB. Start our trek and end up back on I-64. We can have a farewell location back in the CHiP parking lot since it's literally right off I-64.

Here is the route. About 3 hours and 131 miles.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #14951
jwm5

Only problem there is the CiP where we have the "hookup" if there is one is in VB, otherwise I was looking at more or less that same route yesterday.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #14952
latino1ny

Maybe if we definitely have a "hook up" we could have that manager call the CiP in NN and have them give us a discount or something. Who knows, maybe this guy is cool too.

As for the route though, I've traveled it 3 times already. Definitely fun to drive. I bought something off CL and the dude was out in Disputanta, so that's how I found out about the place. Very fun drive.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #14953
Snik
OEM ///Member

Trunk light desicion has perplexed me.
I went with smoked red/clear taillights.
Some of you may remember I had red/clear/red taillights prior.

The red/clear trunk light is essentially, all red, with a small peep hole of clear for the reverse light. See Justins sig or should I keep the bigger more distinct red/clear trunk piece?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #14954
latino1ny

Keep R/C/R if you want to look like a facelift sedan. Go red/clear if you want to look like a coupe. Weren't your R/C/R all LED? or was the clean part a regular bulb? If the entire piece was LED I'd stay with it

Old 10-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #14955
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
Was it a link to another site (non sponsor) in your sig or just you posting a comment about another site? I would assume it was a link in your sig, which is still a little ridiculous, but I assume we can post and talk / recommend anyone we want to, but a link in the sig is the line that they have drawn

Justin I assume we are still free to post about pretty much anything, just they are picky on the sig content... Zach, just throw a pic of your car in the sig with the squirrelapult and you should be fine.
hmm.. good idea, thought about it, just never put into action

and speaking of squirrels. Yesterday driving back on 64, my friend nailed a squirrel in his M that was trying to sprint across 64. No lie, its the third squirrel thats run out in front him on 64 within the past month. Not to be mean but it was kinda funny because I knew the squirrel wasnt going to make it yet for some reason he decided to run out into a group of about 10 cars all going about 75 mph. Needless to say he did not make it across alive

and I home for the weekend, though im working all weekend (putting away money for that M)
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #14956
Snik
OEM ///Member

What the hell is this weekend work. Are you a gigallo Zach?
Old 10-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #14957
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
What the hell is this weekend work. Are you a gigallo Zach?
no lol, busch gardens is only open on weekends so... I go to class during the week and come home and work weekends every now and then plus I work my 25 hours of work up at Tech so I actually have 2 jobs man

edit: dont worry, no work for me next weekend... I got too much planned to make it an epic weekend
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #14958
Snik
OEM ///Member

You must be pulling mad eastern european broads. Damn it, where were you with the busch garden broads when I was single?
Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #14959
RSDeuce

Pumpkin Run oh yeah!

Hey Justin, did you see the "Link" button to the left of that screenshot? When you change the map, the top url in the browser bar doesn't change, but that link button is what will bring people to the custom page you make.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #14960
RSDeuce

Oh, and on another note. I got friends that are going to the demolition derby at Langley Speedway today. Those things are always fun if yall are interested. Me and Steph won't make it, since we will be in Richmond obviously.