E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #15001
StephWithStars

My Ride: A magical unicorn.
Send a message via AIM to StephWithStars Send a message via Yahoo to StephWithStars
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post

Only works if you're a woman. (and have a male judge)

That's horseshiat, I've been to court twice for YELLOW LIGHT (which the cops considered to be red) infractions, looking scared outta my mind, and had to pay both times. In Oregon, they cut mine in half. Here, it was a ridiculous $175 fine. Stupid Yorktown cops. I hate how this state is so hardup for money in any way they can get it.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #15002
Superhiro

My Ride: 2006 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephWithStars View Post
That's horseshiat, I've been to court twice for YELLOW LIGHT (which the cops considered to be red) infractions, looking scared outta my mind, and had to pay both times. In Oregon, they cut mine in half. Here, it was a ridiculous $175 fine. Stupid Yorktown cops. I hate how this state is so hardup for money in any way they can get it.

Maybe the judge didn't think you were cute
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #15003
StephWithStars

Send a message via AIM to StephWithStars Send a message via Yahoo to StephWithStars
The judge here was a woman. The one at home, I honestly can't remember. Maybe the judge here has something against little blonde girls.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #15004
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
You just said it, the judge was a woman. Unless she was a dyke, she had no reason to give you a break. Now if the judge was a male, and you acted all scared and pretty, maybe you would have gotten the ticket cut in half.
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #15005
StephWithStars

They lined up everybody with a non-felony traffic ticket and she gave the full penalty to everybody. And then we all waited in line together at the cashier's office. What a bitter old hag. Don't get pulled over in York County!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #15006
idriveane34

My Ride: kills bugs
The judge I had sent the 10 people in front of me (male and female) either to jail, or on their way with HUGE fines. I have NO clue what I did... but he seemed to like me. He was still very cut-and-dry, though, and I think the effort I exhibited in getting my car calibrated helped my cause a bit.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #15007
Superhiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveane34 View Post
The judge I had sent the 10 people in front of me (male and female) either to jail, or on their way with HUGE fines. I have NO clue what I did... but he seemed to like me. He was still very cut-and-dry, though, and I think the effort I exhibited in getting my car calibrated helped my cause a bit.
I did that too.... I also took the driver safety/improvement class, had a lawyer, was wearing a suit and was extremely sincere and polite. That all in addition to the fact that I feel like it was entrapment or at very least incitement to speed (long story) and I still went to jail
Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #15008
StephWithStars

The effort to prove the calibration helped a lot, I'm sure. There are a lot more ways to get out of speeding tickets than for something as flat-out as a light ticket. One of my friends here got caught for illegal street racing and reckless driving - he got a lawyer and everything (because of that, he didn't have to show up in court), asked for a re-schedule, and when the lawyer showed up to court, the cop was a no-show. So the charges were dropped.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #15009
idriveane34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhiro View Post
I did that too.... I also took the driver safety/improvement class, had a lawyer, was wearing a suit and was extremely sincere and polite. That all in addition to the fact that I feel like it was entrapment or at very least incitement to speed (long story) and I still went to jail
lol. it's cuz you're asian.

Quote:
The effort to prove the calibration helped a lot, I'm sure. There are a lot more ways to get out of speeding tickets than for something as flat-out as a light ticket. One of my friends here got caught for illegal street racing and reckless driving - he got a lawyer and everything (because of that, he didn't have to show up in court), asked for a re-schedule, and when the lawyer showed up to court, the cop was a no-show. So the charges were dropped.
lawyers are mad expensive...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #15010
Superhiro

Quote:
He's lucky.... I had a cop not show up and they rescheduled mine, but that was for yet another driving related incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveane34 View Post
lol. it's cuz you're asian.

lawyers are mad expensive...
Yeah, so he must have thought I was a REALLLLLY bad driver Oh and lawyers aren't always as expensive as you might think. YOu can generally find an attorney for most of your needs at under a grand and even as low as a few hundred dollars in some cases. This isn't too terribly expensive when you think about how much you would/could pay in fines (esp in va ) as well as what those additional points on your license will do to your insurance rates and other related expenses and fallout that can come from having a bad driving record. Sometimes spending a bit up front will save you more in the long run
Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #15011
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Quote:
Maybe you OVER did it and the judge thought you were trying to butter him/her up.

Quote:
I love it when cops are no-shows.

Quote:
Oh and lawyers aren't always as expensive as you might think. YOu can generally find an attorney for most of your needs at under a grand and even as low as a few hundred dollars in some cases. This isn't too terribly expensive when you think about how much you would/could pay in fines (esp in va ) as well as what those additional points on your license will do to your insurance rates and other related expenses and fallout that can come from having a bad driving record. Sometimes spending a bit up front will save you more in the long run
Truth.
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #15012
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
yawn
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #15013
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
^ +1
Old 10-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #15014
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
waddup Robb
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #15015
idriveane34

I am freakin dying today.

Ugh.

edit: wtf is going on this weekend, kids? anything?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #15016
SpeedTheory

My Ride: Red queermobile
Send a message via AIM to SpeedTheory
No idear. Not used to not having plans this close.

Last Halloween was teh epicsauce. 3some & a costume featuring Bagher's gas station .

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
SpeedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #15017
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
Hey everyone, I don't mean to thread jack but I just moved to Hampton so I thought I'd stop into the regional forum and see whats up. I don't know much about area yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Are there any meeting spots for car people? I'm not a street racer but it would be nice to go chill with some people with similar interests. Thanks!

P.S. Any place local here I can get some yellow fog light bulbs? One of mine just died
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #15018
SpeedTheory

My Ride: Red queermobile
Send a message via AIM to SpeedTheory
eBay is typically the cheapest place to get yellow fog bulbs.

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
SpeedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #15019
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
Hey everyone, I don't mean to thread jack but I just moved to Hampton so I thought I'd stop into the regional forum and see whats up. I don't know much about area yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Are there any meeting spots for car people? I'm not a street racer but it would be nice to go chill with some people with similar interests. Thanks!

P.S. Any place local here I can get some yellow fog light bulbs? One of mine just died
Welcome to the best thread on teh East Coast.

we have meets regularly, try to do large ones every month, check out this thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...9#post10647439 we have actually moved our meet planning to a separate thread, so that one has the most info on meets.

The next "big one" is November 21st. There may be a small one in VB this Sunday, but I am not sure on the details of that...
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #15020
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
Awesome, I'll be bookmarking that thread. Thanks. How's the auto-x scene down here? I haven't heard much