E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Do you like Angel Eyes on an e46?
Yes 634 73.98%
No 124 14.47%
They don't bother me 99 11.55%
Voters: 857. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #41
schnell330i
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 01 bmw 330i 5spd
i absolutely LOVE mine. I think they give the car unbelievalbe road presence, and have big wow factor (at least thats the impression i get from the looks on peoples faces when the see me comming, or when i pass);I also love how they make the car easily recognizeable as a bmw from far away. I think they look sick all the time, but look best especially when it is dusk or when its dark enough to just have the fogs on with no low beams. It ties with my uuc tse3 exhaust as my favorite mod. I highly recommend. Designers at bmw must like them also, as the ones on the new x5 and e92 coupe replace the daytime running lights, and are much brighter than the original ones on the 5er.
schnell330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #42
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Quote:
Originally Posted by galege1 View Post
i love them so much that i even run them on daytime..makes my bimmer ahead of the rest ..
ahead by how many miles approx. HP's better than any intake........

no offense, just bugging: rofl:
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #43
Mikeee46coupe

My Ride: IS ON DPE's
I loved them when they first came out after a few "smoldering" issues/ballasts crapping out and seeing a bunch of Hondas, Mitsus, Mazdas with them, now I think Halos are RICEY, flame all you want, I disconected mine last summer.

DPE Wheels, H&R, M3 Interior...way too many mods to list.

Last edited by Mikeee46coupe; 02-07-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Mikeee46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #44
PYRITE

My Ride: 1965 Ford Mustang
Pyrite was here.

Welcome "KRYPTONITE"...
PYRITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #45
Carbon///M3

My Ride: e46 M3 yet again!
Send a message via AIM to Carbon///M3
ok heres the deal I love them and want them.. the only negative thing I have to say about them is that you see likey hondas and chevy trucks with Angel eyes!? WTF!? kinda ruins em some, but certainly doesn't justify not getting them. Kinda annoying tho, ya know? Anway I can't wait to order my predator chromium 6,000k
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #46
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
my opinion

angel eyes were started by bimmer and look GREAT on bimmers, thanks to the 5 series when they came out

but the ones we have?..... sorry but they look 10x better.... stock halos compared to the 6000k ones..... no comparison, 6000k ftw

they go with bmw... bottom line
but to each their own ya know

angel eyes ftmfw on the cars that they belong on
Old 02-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #47
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon///M3 View Post
ok heres the deal I love them and want them.. the only negative thing I have to say about them is that you see likey hondas and chevy trucks with Angel eyes!? WTF!? kinda ruins em some, but certainly doesn't justify not getting them. Kinda annoying tho, ya know? Anway I can't wait to order my predator chromium 6,000k
I've never seen angel eyes on anything other than a BMW...

...and I'm hoping I never do.
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #48
zeshon

My Ride: S/C 2000 328Ci
I hear the n azis hated angel eyes, too.

Ninja edt : I can't believe the word filter gets rid of the word n azi

Favorite sponsors
Bavarian Soundwerks | Euro Spec

Mods : Performance : Active Autowerkes Stage 1 C38 New Subframe and TMS Rear Re-Enforcements Upgraded VANOS seals M3 Fuel Baffle KW V2 ZHP Control Arms E60 Short Shifter Sound : Bavarian Soundwereks Stage 2 DICE iPod Link Looks : Replica M3 Mirrors Replica M3 Front Bumper Matte Black Grillz LED Signals

Last edited by zeshon; 02-07-2007 at 11:48 PM.
zeshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #49
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeshon View Post
I hear the ****s hated angel eyes, too.
Clarify with spaces. I'm trying to figure out which 4 letter word fits.

edit: gracias.
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #50
CAOSyAMOR

My Ride: 1) 2002 E46 2)///M3
I've had no issues with my Predator Chromiums.. Love them. Yes, they are only as good as the install you do. I'm good, so they look proper - and I'll be keeping mine. To each their own.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #51
JamesH325Ci
What a Pisser

My Ride: 2002 325CI
Send a message via AIM to JamesH325Ci Send a message via Yahoo to JamesH325Ci
Love them, can't wait to install them!
JamesH325Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #52
hcalvarez

My Ride: 2003 325I
i like them. i just don't want to install them right now because i'm scared of having some electrical issues that's why i keep mine stock. but i have friends who dont like them as well. dont bother me to tell you frankly

hcalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #53
Arctus

My Ride: 2002 330ci
I've never seen any other car with angel eyes, but i dont know what id do to mine if i saw a ricey civic drive by with some..

While talking with a sales guy at Baron BMW after telling him i have a manual 330ci: "I myself have an automatic 330xi. Sometimes i look at the automatic transmission, and then my wife.. then i look at the four doors, then my kids.. and i'm a little sad inside."
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:45 AM   #54
djben

My Ride: Ford Pinto
Love em.

They add some great contrast to the car especially during the evening and night time, same with having color matched fogs.

Lots of people hate on having fogs on, but I just like the look of the front end with the fogs+angel eyes. Gives the car some recognizable character on what would otherwise be a very boring and bland front end.

I don't have anything blacked out either -- I like the contrast of the chromed kidney grill and side grills, don't plan on changing them.

I have SSR Comp H wheels which have silver spokes and a small chromed lip... again, just adding some contrast to go with the dark car, unlike having totally chromed out wheels which I'd consider unecessary bling on a performance car like the M3.

Just my 2 cents

I saw a volkswagen with angel eyes and a lexus... I'll refrain from how distasteful I think that is.

As far as I know BMW is the first and only manufacturer to use halo rings on headlights?

It really would be nice if these stayed a SIGNATURE of BMW and people respected them enough to not try and rip them off

Last edited by djben; 02-08-2007 at 12:49 AM.
djben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #55
E46 Trojan

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to E46 Trojan
Hmm... It's tough. For safety/vision sake, I'd say I get better lighting on my stock halos than the xenon lighting I get on my dad's M3--call me crazy. lol.

For looks... I'm still kind of iffy on it. Night time when the xenons are lighted up, they look incredible. But day time I'm a big fan of the way the reflections on the halos look.
E46 Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #56
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
i just think they look silly because they look completely aftermarket.
I agree^
I only like the E46 with non fluorescent Angel Eyes like BMW intended. Sometimes I see e46s during the day/dusk with these super cheap looking fluorescent tubes from china lighting up blue/purple and anyone who appreciates BMWs gotta think how r1cer that looks. When I see that dayglow it reminds me of FastndFrious glow tubes under the car. Now at night when the Xenons are on these aftermarket Angel Eyes(DDEs) don't look bad. Otherwise I think these aftermarket companies have done a good job of pushing these on people to think these are better than OEM. I like the contrast of OEM and not so bright like stock. These were designed to light up the rings, not project light. Just my two cents.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 AM   #57
328Ci_BMW

My Ride: 00 328Ci
Planning to get some, how hard it is to install them? Any procedures in doing so? Let me know. Thanks
328Ci_BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:30 AM   #58
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
I love cruising with just my angels and HID fogs blastin

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 AM   #59
kaluahjeff

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I think angel eyes look great on E46s. They're custom looking, and give it a unique lighting touch that a lot of cars don't have.

I don't have any, and don't care to, but they look cool.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:53 AM   #60
caMber156
loves M.J.

My Ride: II.V
a kid pointed and said to his dad while I was driving out of my complex "look, car has eyes." it gave me a good laugh. My friend that was w/ me said that that's happened to him too.

+1

they are played out because they're a relatively cheap mod, but look on the road all those e46s running around, how many actually run DDEs--not many. It's just a lot of people on the forum buy it so it seemed played.