E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.36 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 03:21 PM   #41
dillard

My Ride: 2004 M3 Cabrio
This must be a new feature. I have a 2000 323ci. My dealer tells me that he cannot reprogram my remote to do this. I am suspicious.

I can get my top down by putting the key in the door lock. Thus, in my feeble brain, this should work for the remote too.

Anyone out there got the real scoop?
Old 12-04-2002, 04:31 PM   #42
Spiderm0n

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally posted by phamman
14. There is also a first aid kit under the passengers seat.

Can you guys find this. I searched for this but no luck.

Thanks.
They don't include it in cars delivered to the US..
Spiderm0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 04:33 PM   #43
phamman

My Ride: Dinan3 02 325CI
spiderm0n...thanks for the reply. That sucks....how come the euro cars are better...first aid kit, rear fog lights, what's next.
phamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #44
Casanova
Europrojektz Malaysia

My Ride: E46/E92/RX8
Send a message via ICQ to Casanova Send a message via AIM to Casanova Send a message via MSN to Casanova
"you could also switch the temperature display both on the dash and on the climate control between Fahrenheit and Celsius."

How?

Director of Europrojektz Malaysia Chapter
Hamann GT-R Widebody | Modified AA-Tuning supercharger kit
My New Ride
Casanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:30 PM   #45
Impulss
T!TSLVR

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally posted by phamman
spiderm0n...thanks for the reply. That sucks....how come the euro cars are better...first aid kit, rear fog lights, what's next.
Yeah, and we don't get the triangle... that's the empty spot in my toolkit :sad:
Old 12-04-2002, 08:49 PM   #46
xS3x
mi casa @ technik

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Send a message via MSN to xS3x
Quote:
Originally posted by Casanova
"you could also switch the temperature display both on the dash and on the climate control between Fahrenheit and Celsius."

How?
i forgot the exact button to press..but its one of the two on your gauge..
just set ur OBC to the temperture..and try both of them
Old 12-04-2002, 08:54 PM   #47
Buddah323i
Car Audio Nut

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via AIM to Buddah323i Send a message via MSN to Buddah323i Send a message via Yahoo to Buddah323i
Remote and key

I have a 99 323i and can open all windows and sunroof with the remote, you can also use the key from outside the car in the drivers side door. All you have to so is turn the key to the right once to unlock the drivers door, turn the key twice to open all doors and turn the key three times and hold to open all the windows and sunroof.

Stan C.
Buddah323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 02:32 AM   #48
futurebmw330ci

My Ride: 330xi
WHAT IS THE COUNTER RESET BUTTON OR WHATVER THAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO PUSH TO ENTER IN THOSE CODES OR WATEVER
futurebmw330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 03:43 AM   #49
sense
Git

My Ride: '02 318i
hold this button for a while

(sorry for stealing someone's pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reset.jpg
Views:	2910
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	27247  
sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:24 AM   #50
Banana_Bread

My Ride: 323Ci
One easter egg not mentioned is the ability to have a 'mute' button in your factory business cd player. I did this a long time ago so i forgot the procedure. However, i do remember it rendered my AM useless since you change your head unit to act as an european unit. Only works on systems where there are two dashes near the right side. This indicates that the functions may be changed, otherwise i think it says 'rds' + 'pty' or something. If you can activate the mute function it'll look like this : "-" "-"
Banana_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:06 PM   #51
dillard

RE: "MUTE" control function

I do believe from my research and trials that this info only applies to those of you who have the HK BMW Business in dash CD head unit.

If your radio head unit has a button on the right side of the station presets that has a printed "PTY and "RDS" on it this info is most likely useless.

If your radio head unit has a button on the right side of the station presets that has 2 horizontal slashes ( - - ), and a small display above that button seperate from the main dislay, then this info should work for you.

The reason for this seems to be that the slashes indicate variable/choosable functions for these button positions. Obviously, the printed ones have pre-determined functions only (PTY/RDS)

1) turn the radio off
2) turn it back on again & dont touch any buttons
3) hold down the 'M' on the right for 10 seconds, this will bring up the radio head serial #
4) depress the '+' key on the left under the volume knob 6 times until the word "AREA" displays it should say USA next to it
5) now depress the position #1 preset button until the words "AREA OC+RDS appear
6) turn the radio off and your new choices will be set

There is a small display to the right of the large display which originally should have displayed RDS*PTY
When your thru with this reset, it should display RDS*MUTE

When you press the slash under MUTE, it soft'fades out to just above silent, push again and it fades back up to the preset volume level

Now, before everyone starts asking, there are MANY other dispalys and function screens which come up while programming this option. I have NO idea what they do, and nobody has been able to give an accurate answer, including the dealer.

I can tell you, (and again thanks to MATT G yesterday), for his help with adjusting the HK auto volume/bass control. While in the program mode, depress the '+' key until the word GAL appears, it should have a 3 next to it (normal factory preset). By using the station presets, you can choose a sensitivity level from 1 thru 6 1-min 6-max sensitivity. When thru with this alone or both choices, turn the radio off again and it will be set. You will have to possibly reset your fade/treble/bass, etc.

Also while scanning thru the program options with the '+' key, you will see one display that shows your station presets on the display with a number to the right. It is the signal strenght of the station that is on at that time 1 weakest/15 strongest. You can survey all your own preset stations by pressing each preset key. (This info was also supplied by someone else yesterday, but I am posting it again to help some others today, I cannot take credit for this one, only for finding the MUTE control).

FYI: One thing I noticed is that after the MUTE function is programmed, the ST does not display any longer next to the station number, but it still broadcasts in stereo mode. Also, when turning the radio back on, the words "REG OFF" appear. I have no idea what this means, but it hasnt changed anything that I saw or used before and now I have the MUTE as well.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:10 PM   #52
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
i don't have a first aid kit under my passenger seat. i thought it was an option!!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:48 AM   #53
dillard

Not really an Easter Egg but...

The little square cut-outs on the front and rear bumper are tow points. The tow bolt is in the trunk took kit.

I discovered this when having to tow my Sweetie's 323 out of high water.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #54
ruteger

My Ride: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by OnMDMA
i don't have a first aid kit under my passenger seat. i thought it was an option!!
For Euro-Delivery car, it's included. If you have a US-delivery car and want an OEM BMW first aid kit, the US-option is not necessarily your only choice, though:

1. US-delivery kit: Dealer-added accessory which is nothing more than a small, grungy pouch with some bandages and adhesive tape that you can throw loosely underneath the seat. From what I can gather, it's not worth the money.

2. Euro kit: This is the small, plastic storage compartment that custom fits underneath the passenger seat. This is what is included on Euro-delivery cars. It's more expensive and takes more effort than the dealer-accessory US-spec first aid kit (doing a search will render the details), but it's much more complete than the US-spec 'thrown-loosely-into-the-trunk' pouch.

In fact, the empty underseat first aid kit storage box and bracket can be purchased separately for much less (without the supplies) and will work underneath either seat. I bought two in this manner and am using them as additional glove compartments. They're rather shallow, but still work great to hold items like a cellphone cigarette lighter cord, the OEM flashlight accessory cord, a small camera and a digital tire pressure gauge. A few CD cases will also fit.

If you get a Euro Delivery BMW, besides the passenger side Euro first aid kit, you also get a Euro warning triangle in a nice blue box that custom fits upright in the left-rear corner of the trunk (that's what that small rectangular indent is for), so those would count as Euro Delivery-only Easter Eggs, I suppose...
ruteger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:02 AM   #55
ruteger

My Ride: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Impulss
Yeah, and we don't get the triangle... that's the empty spot in my toolkit :sad:
Actually, as previously mentioned, the Euro warning triangle in the blue box stands upright in the left rear corner of the trunk.

To the best of my knowledge, there are three things missing from the US-spec tool kit:

1. Wheel-hanging 'pin'
2. Emergency flare
3. Wheel lock key

The wheel hanging pin and lock key are available and can be ordered (a search will provides details on the pin). The emergency flare is not.
ruteger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 04:05 PM   #56
PHAHEEM
In Pursuit of My J.D.

My Ride: Honda Accord
Send a message via AIM to PHAHEEM

04 Triple Black 330CiC [sold]
02 TiAg 325Ci [sold]
PHAHEEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:05 PM   #57
HiMiles

My Ride: 99 328i
Summary

Great job on putting the whole thing together. There are mnor things though that might not apply to 1999-Mid 2000 Models and only to the later models, as well as European models vs US
Good job
HiMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 10:55 PM   #58
boilermaker81
-=Fully Automatic=-

My Ride: 6banger
Easter Egg?

I dont know if anyone already noticed this but, when you pull your turn signal lever when key is out of the ignition, it turns the lighting system on(head lights, interior lights etc..) I freaked out when I accidently did this today..
Old 12-08-2002, 10:57 PM   #59
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
pathway lighting

i think they stay on for like 45 seconds or a minute after you pull the highbeam lever. I like this one but would rather my key be programmed so the lights stay on without me having to pull the stalk
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:46 PM   #60
BMW328Ci

My Ride: 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to BMW328Ci
i did the same thing today... i already knew about it but it still suprised me haha