E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
CTOM9
Man, myth, living legend...

My Ride: B6 S4
My car is possessed!!

From Friday night until Sunday afternoon, the one touch power sunroof wasn't working as 'one touch'. Finally, that seems to be working again.

Today, the driver's and rear passenger's window's are not working in the 'one touch' mode for coming up. No problems with one touch for down. Just for closing.

Is there a spiritual healer in the house that can rid my ride of these evil poltergeists?

Either that, or my one month old car will be going back to the dealership for a check-up.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:42 PM   #2
traumamc
Banned

My Ride: UUC 330ci
Send a message via AIM to traumamc
If you send me $100 cash I can say my special cantation that will rid your car of all its gremlins
traumamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 03:49 PM   #3
jpetch
need $$$

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
i had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago.......my radio was on, but there was no display shown. it was so strange. i was changing the stations and everything, but there was no display. very weird. it was okay later in the day.
jpetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
My Ride: Hamann 3
Send a message via AIM to DropTopBM
did you intall anything electrical? anything that required wiring? maybe thats the problem... if not, then just take that **** to the dealer, thats what u got a waranty for
DropTopBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 04:51 PM   #5
CTOM9
Man, myth, living legend...

My Ride: B6 S4
Quote:
Originally posted by DropTopBM
did you intall anything electrical? anything that required wiring? maybe thats the problem...

Nothing. Have an apointment for Wednesday morning. Still a pain to have to get to the dealership by 7:30AM though.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:58 PM   #6
KevinJ_2k1_325ci

My Ride: 2001 325ci
My radio acts funky

I turn the volume down at times and it goes up!!!!! I use the down volume control on the steering wheel and the cd track or radio station changes!

These are the things that when you take your car into the service department and the mechanic and service rep say: "Eh er uh well we tested it and it like didn't like have a problem, must be in your head! Yeah Beavis... Ahuh ahuh we like look at it and it looked like it works. snicker snicker snort so "F" off your like wasting our time!" Uhm like we don't give a like rats @SS that you have a full warranty. Yeah ButtHead.. snort snort, if you like want us to fix it. snicker snicker hehe, it'll be like $4000, snicker snicker snort snort.

Why the hell are service guys like that. Like you don't know wtf you are talking about. Like you are educated and have comon sense enough to know when something is broken. Also like you didn't have to take off your job to drive out of your way to get to the damn dealer at 6am to here a load of crap. We are all dumb @ss customers that don't know how to work the controls in our cars or know when we see and hear a problem. Just because it doesn't happen all the time, there must not be a problem. Oh I like this one, I called and said I have several problems one of which is the extreme body flexing noises. The guy is like "Well!! I can tell you right now, we aren't going to fix any noise problems thats normal! Normal? normal??? I have a damn $14k Dodge colt that didn't have creaking/flexing noises but for $36k I get the priviledge of having them.

Sorry just venting.
KevinJ_2k1_325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:42 PM   #7
Cyclone
I'm Mini Clem

My Ride: 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T
Send a message via ICQ to Cyclone Send a message via AIM to Cyclone Send a message via MSN to Cyclone Send a message via Yahoo to Cyclone
Make sure your driver side door is closed. I figured that one out about 2 weeks ago. hehe
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:56 PM   #8
soheilm3
bored.

My Ride: definitly not an m3
Send a message via AIM to soheilm3
Re: My radio acts funky

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinJ_2k1_325ci
I turn the volume down at times and it goes up!!!!!
thats the speed sensitive volume control, as ur car increases in speed, the volume increase.

regardin the rear passenger window not going up... i didnt think the rear windows were one touch close

--soheil

Taken
Smart
Beautiful

(pick 2 of the three only)
soheilm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:00 AM   #9
jpetch
need $$$

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Re: My radio acts funky

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinJ_2k1_325ci
I turn the volume down at times and it goes up!!!!! I use the down volume control on the steering wheel and the cd track or radio station changes!
my radio does that too. when i adjust the volume control on the steering wheel, sometimes the cd track changes. very weird.......
jpetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:29 AM   #10
BMWNA
BMW NA Customer Relations

My Ride: BMW
Re: My car is possessed!!

Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about your problem with your 330i. If you want our assistance, give us call at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Ownersí Circle at www.bmwusa.com.
BMWNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:48 AM   #11
jason330i
moderation in all things

My Ride: 2002 330i
Re: Re: My car is possessed!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW NA Customer Relations
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about your problem with your 330i. If you want our assistance, give us call at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Ownersí Circle at www.bmwusa.com.
there here.
(twilight zone theme playing in background)

you sir, are a

Last edited by jason330i; 05-07-2002 at 11:50 AM.
jason330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:54 AM   #12
euroboy

My Ride: 328Ci
My theory is that it all has to do with the way things are connected in the new cars - ie. using an electrical bus to connect a number of items.

The bus in question here is called K-bus and it connects things like radios, steering wheel buttons, security system to lights, etc.

I am looking for detail info on the K-bus but have not been able to find anything as yet with much low level voltage information ie. what is called signaling. Looking at the Bently book for E46 the bus looks like a slow speed single or 2 wire bus - have you noticed that sometime pressing a button it will not do anything and you have to do it again - the reason is that it is sending a K-bus message and it is not wired directly ( e.g. AC switches ).

Peter
euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:30 PM   #13
Ed328ci
Too many rock chips!

My Ride: E90 325i
Send a message via MSN to Ed328ci Send a message via Yahoo to Ed328ci
I am having strange problems with my moonroof and passenger's side door as well. I think these problems are common on the E46, unfortunately!

Ed
Old 05-07-2002, 12:46 PM   #14
euroboy

My Ride: 328Ci
Buses are great and save a lot of cost and make all the things possible in the car, but electrical noise is a problem - any bad connectors can generate bad messages, and I suspect the problems might be getting worse as time goes on, as connectors get more loose, and rust moves in - lets hope it does not happen

Peter
euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #15
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
I got A/C with a friggin' mind of it's own

it could show the thing is on full force blow, but it'll be trickling out, then a mile down the road it kicks on, it might stay on like it's supposed to be or it could drop back down to a trickle and then go back up....
BMWDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #16
ljj33

Your one touch up might not be working properly because something is probably being pinched. The car probably thinks something is in the way of the window so it's not letting the window go up automatically. BMW will fix it since your car is still under warranty. If this is your problem, it's not biggie. These moonroofs suck. They always loose their memory so you have to press the button once in awhile to reprogram it so that it will close it one touch. Hope this helps.:tongue:
ljj33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #17
manik
N_D_N

My Ride: 2002 M3 convt :: SMG
Send a message via AIM to manik
WHOOOO YOUUU GONNAA CALLL.....

There's something weird
in the BimmerHood
who're you gonna call?

Tell me! (GHOSTBUSTERS!)

If the one touch power sunroof
won't go down
who're you gonna call?

Come on! (GHOSTBUSTERS!)

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Seeing window's not working,
who're you gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Invisible man
sleeping in your Bimmer Hood
who you gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

There's something weird
in the BMWhood
who you gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!
GHOSTBUSTERS!

Who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

I ain't fraid of no ghost.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:19 PM   #18
KevinJ_2k1_325ci

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Re: Re: My radio acts funky

Duh I know what speed sensitive control is and I even know how to adjust it through the hidden options. I mean what I said, when I use the volume knob to turn the volume down, the volume goes up, then down, then up, and finally goes off.

Quote:
Originally posted by soheilm3

thats the speed sensitive volume control, as ur car increases in speed, the volume increase.

regardin the rear passenger window not going up... i didnt think the rear windows were one touch close

--soheil
KevinJ_2k1_325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:25 PM   #19
andy 323i

My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
Re: Re: My radio acts funky

Quote:
Originally posted by soheilm3

--soheil

they are
or are on mine

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:26 PM   #20
andy 323i

My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
Re: Re: My car is possessed!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW NA Customer Relations
Hey what abt my million calls to BMWNA and my issues

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote