E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
LAFENGAS
www.thielstudios.com
 
LAFENGAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 1,332
My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to LAFENGAS
FS: BFP CARBON FIBER Strut Brace

These are discontinued so you wont find them new anymore



mine is in pefect condition, fits perfectly, and looks as good as the day it was new.

The only reason why i'm getting rid of it is because I recently purchased a coilover system with the electronic adjustment and to make a story short, the motors interfere with with the strut brace. So i have to ditch one.


$375 shipped in the US. Will ship outside of U.S. for more $$$ though.
LAFENGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
LAFENGAS
www.thielstudios.com
 
LAFENGAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 1,332
My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to LAFENGAS
^bump
LAFENGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
 
Navin323i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 7,330
My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFENGAS View Post
These are discontinued so you wont find them new anymore



mine is in pefect condition, fits perfectly, and looks as good as the day it was new.

The only reason why i'm getting rid of it is because I recently purchased a coilover system with the electronic adjustment and to make a story short, the motors interfere with with the strut brace. So i have to ditch one.


$375 shipped in the US. Will ship outside of U.S. for more $$$ though.
What's up bro... I have this same strut bar... how long ago did these get discontinued? Is there a newer strut bar that replaces this one?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the coilover system and why you're selling it... did you wind up going with the Tein coilovers with the EDFC option? I originally thought about going with this option but once I found out that the motors won't clear the strut brace endplates, I decided not to go with the Teins - also many people I spoke with said if I get the EDFC option I might not really use it much... yes I may make the suspension softer (since my baby girl rides in my car) but I wouldn't ever really have a need to make it more firmer. I eventually wound up going with KW V2 coilovers over the Teins.

Anyhow, free bump on your thread... good luck with your sale, bro.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
LAFENGAS
www.thielstudios.com
 
LAFENGAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 1,332
My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to LAFENGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
What's up bro... I have this same strut bar... how long ago did these get discontinued? Is there a newer strut bar that replaces this one?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the coilover system and why you're selling it... did you wind up going with the Tein coilovers with the EDFC option? I originally thought about going with this option but once I found out that the motors won't clear the strut brace endplates, I decided not to go with the Teins - also many people I spoke with said if I get the EDFC option I might not really use it much... yes I may make the suspension softer (since my baby girl rides in my car) but I wouldn't ever really have a need to make it more firmer. I eventually wound up going with KW V2 coilovers over the Teins.

Anyhow, free bump on your thread... good luck with your sale, bro.

hey how's it going...

yeah, i went with the TEIN SS's with EDFC... I plan on using it mainly because i'll be tracking my car this year and it beats pulling the trunk out to adjust the rears.

As far as when they were discontnued exactly? I'm not sure but i think it's been a couple years. BFP went out of business.

Right now im considering to design/fabricate different style endplate brackets to avoid this clearance problem. We'll see.
LAFENGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
 
Navin323i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 7,330
My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFENGAS View Post
hey how's it going...

yeah, i went with the TEIN SS's with EDFC... I plan on using it mainly because i'll be tracking my car this year and it beats pulling the trunk out to adjust the rears.

As far as when they were discontnued exactly? I'm not sure but i think it's been a couple years. BFP went out of business.

Right now im considering to design/fabricate different style endplate brackets to avoid this clearance problem. We'll see.
Oh, I can actually tell you then that the strut bar is NOT discontinued... Benfer (or BFP) was a distributor for this strut bar, but it's actually made by Quatro who is still around. I believe about a year back there was another company on our e46fanatics site who took over as Quatro's distributor for the strut bar (I forget the name of the company though).
But in any case, I believe they are not discontinued (which is good because it's my favorite strut bar).
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use