E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Some tracks require reflective parts to be covered (i.e. less chance of possibly blinding an inexperienced driver if the sun hits it just right).
Not true - tracks just require inexperienced drivers to sport their hater blockers.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #22
apexdc

My Ride: Lotus Elise, Mini
TrakkTape now in stock

Well, I finally got my act together on the TrakkTape. I now have enough to be able to ship immediately.

So, I'm going to put a deal out there to E46Fanatics.

This stuff is perfect for track days. It's 5 mil thick. StarShield and most of the semipermanent clear bras are about 8 mil. It applies easily and comes off with no residue. If you apply it fairly carefully, it is virtually invisible in track photos, so no more BLUES. I tried a bunch of other tapes, but now I've been using it for about a year and really love it. The main reason I set up the web site and started stocking is that every time I do a track day, somebody wanted to buy the roll of tape I had been using. So I ordered a few here and there and then finally decided this was easier.

Anyway, please check it out at www.trakktape.com.

To get a few rolls out, I'll offer this deal to E46. On the order page, there is a Racers Net section at the bottom. If you type in "E46/120", you will get a 6" x 600 FOOT! roll for $120, plus $12 shipping. Normal retail is $135. The 6" width is really easy to work with and 600 feet is a ton of tape, lots of track days worth. Each roll comes with an applicator and instructions.

BUT, I am going to sell the first two rolls at $99 plus $12 shipping. To get one, email me direct at info(at)trakktape and I will invoice you for the $111 total. This deal won't work through the normal ordering system.

Shoot me an email with any questions at info(at)trakktape.com.

Thanks for taking a peek. It's good stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Product Line TT small.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	381784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elise at CVR small.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	381785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closeup, shade small.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	381786  
apexdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #23
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
In before the lock.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #24
apexdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTWeisse View Post
In before the lock.
????

If it's on the tape, pls email me and I'll do a PayPal invoice to you direct.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #25
apexdc

One down, one to go!

The first $99 roll of TrakkTape is gone to JerryK.

Got one left, who wants it? It's about eight POUNDS of tape!

Email me if you are interested at info(at)trakktape.com.

After these two, you can still get it at $120 a roll at www.trakktape.com using the Racers Net code of E46/120.

There is also a 200' x 6" roll for $85, but the 600' roll is a much better deal.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #26
apexdc

The Racers Net is still good, but it is now on this site: http://trakkrats.com/Ordering.html

The main TrackTape site doesn't show it, so this is now the Secret Insider E46 Deal!

Scroll down to the bottom and enter the Racers Net code of E46/120.

Thanks for the support!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #27
dji203

My Ride: Z4 3.0si, 135is
Just a FYI, I've been told there are different types of blue painters tape, and the home stuff used on sheet rock is too strong and can pull paint. The automotive stuff used by body shops is not as sticky.

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
dji203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
lcoleman

My Ride: '79 Massey Ferguson
I think the actual automotive tape is green. Could be wrong, though. Tbh, I'm the type that wouldn't bother.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #29
E46 WOT

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon31987 View Post
whats the point of the tape?
I addition to protecting from debris, I use it to differentiate my car from the pack and help it be more recognizable to drivers in front of me. My first DE I noticed a lot of cars in front of me wouldn't notice I was positioned for a point-by; most new drivers have a lot of anxiety going on, they're looking close to the car, not in their mirrors, focusing on not stuffing their car into the wall. Being all black, my car could blend in with tire walls or not be seen as easily thru a rear tinted window etc. I decided to give the front some color so that people could pick me up more easily and if I'm given a point by once, they'll recognize me and not try to drag race the straight to get away if they're in a higher hp car.

I used electric tape for those who want something readily available in various colors, it's tough, and peels off with no residue left behind.

2004.5 M3 SMG
CF CSL Trunk, CSL replica bumper, 18x9.5 BW Arc-8's w/ 245/265 Hankook R-S3s, PFC 08 pads, SS brake lines, Prospeed 683 Brake fluid, ISC N1 Coilovers, Powerflex poly RTABs and sway bar bushings, Treehouse delrin FCABs,Tint, BSW I-Pod Dock, and 7 BMW CCA HPDS at VIR- A-Group, 2:14.10 VIR Full Course, 1:51's CMP, 1:24.4 Roebling Road, with no motor mods besides BW intake boot and K&N drop in filter
E46 WOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
Alan

My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dji203 View Post
Just a FYI, I've been told there are different types of blue painters tape, and the home stuff used on sheet rock is too strong and can pull paint. The automotive stuff used by body shops is not as sticky.

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 WOT View Post
I used electric tape for those who want something readily available in various colors, it's tough, and peels off with no residue left behind.
does the electric tape ever peel off by itself?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
Yeah, it should.

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #33
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
electric tape on a hot day and after a few laps it's flying off your car? If so that's wack
Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
Alan

Quote:

On a warm/hot day - thats going to leave some nasty residue that will not come off easily.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdc View Post
The Racers Net is still good, but it is now on this site: http://trakkrats.com/Ordering.html

The main TrackTape site doesn't show it, so this is now the Secret Insider E46 Deal!

Scroll down to the bottom and enter the Racers Net code of E46/120.

Thanks for the support!

It would be good if you ran the 600' Special on 3" tape. 6" wide tape is going to be a PIA to wrestle with if you are applying it on your own.

Last edited by Alan; 03-25-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
E46 WOT

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
Yeah, it should.
Quote:
electric tape on a hot day and after a few laps it's flying off your car? If so that's wack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
On a warm/hot day - thats going to leave some nasty residue that will not come off easily.
I've had 5 BMW CCA Tarheel Chapter schools at VIR with the 1 1/2 inch yellow tape, never come off or peeled at all. It might be the one and a half inch extra grip, but if anyone hasn't used it and thinks it will peel off, I'm here to tell you it sticks and doesn't bleed residue like duct tape does. I've also never been in 100+ degree weather but I'd be really surprised if electric tape against a flat surface like a bumper would peel off, I know that I've seen wrapped electric tape around wire connections get rigid under heat but not on a flat surface. Just my experience.

2004.5 M3 SMG
CF CSL Trunk, CSL replica bumper, 18x9.5 BW Arc-8's w/ 245/265 Hankook R-S3s, PFC 08 pads, SS brake lines, Prospeed 683 Brake fluid, ISC N1 Coilovers, Powerflex poly RTABs and sway bar bushings, Treehouse delrin FCABs,Tint, BSW I-Pod Dock, and 7 BMW CCA HPDS at VIR- A-Group, 2:14.10 VIR Full Course, 1:51's CMP, 1:24.4 Roebling Road, with no motor mods besides BW intake boot and K&N drop in filter
E46 WOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #37
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
I have ventureshield applied on my car for the whole bumper, 1/4 hood and fenders, headlights, mirrors and fender wells.

It's worked fine for me on my track day and autocross for cone protection. Expensive up front but well worth it IMO.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #38
e46ricebox

My Ride: e46
blue tape looks really ugly in photos. i dont why you would need cover the whole front of the car with it.
e46ricebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #39
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46ricebox View Post
blue tape looks really ugly in photos. i dont why you would need cover the whole front of the car with it.

The overwhelming majority of people on a track aren't there for a car show. If looking cool is important to you - you are there for the wrong reason.