E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #121
Pokemonts

My Ride: E46 M54B22
Well it is strange. I could not relate that to shafts; however it is possible if it happened. I will drive without changing shafts and will see. I have some really minor difference between r, d and N or P. It is exactly like that: at N and P car have 0 vibrations, it like you do not even turn on the car. If you going to put in gear, it feels like you have applied torque and car have been prepared to go; it is vibrating like a Nokia cell phone in vibration mode if you touch door handles, however it will not make you feel discomfort such as vibrating your seat or making low frequency noise and rumbling. Sometimes it has little different depending on what angle of decline or incline you stand on brakes. I am very picky person and I could notice very fine difference in things that somebody would not even consider. I hope I have described it well. Take care!
Pokemonts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #122
madchef

My Ride: '04 ZHP Sedan MB/NB
ohhh, auto xi....I though this was going to be about autocross
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #123
Pokemonts

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by madchef View Post
Not everything about autocross
Old 05-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #124
jahhy

My Ride: 325xi touring
Send a message via ICQ to jahhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemonts View Post
...... at N and P car have 0 vibrations, it like you do not even turn on the car. If you going to put in gear, it feels like you have applied torque and car have been prepared to go; it is vibrating like a Nokia cell phone in vibration mode if you touch door handles, however it will not make you feel discomfort such as vibrating your seat or making low frequency noise and rumbling. Sometimes it has little different depending on what angle of decline or incline you stand on brakes. I am very picky person and I could notice very fine difference in things that somebody would not even consider. I hope I have described it well. Take care!
It seems (or at least I hope it seems ) as if your shafts are OK - I don't think I'm too picky, but I've been worried about those vibrations in my car even before the accident, it was difficult to explain and it didn't feel normal for me. So I wish you save approx.800-900 bucks on that

BTW, probably another good advice - check out some other car with ATM and compare. I did it with my brother's Subaru Forester and it showed the difference clearly before the shafts replacement. Now both cars have the same "almost no vibration" feeling
jahhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #125
jahhy

My Ride: 325xi touring
Send a message via ICQ to jahhy
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by madchef View Post
Well, you mean auto XIs can't do autocross???
(actually, bmwstephen put the thread here for some reason he only knows... but I don't really care - as long as I've found it and it helped me a lot )

Last edited by jahhy; 05-17-2008 at 05:23 PM.
jahhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #126
Pokemonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahhy View Post
It seems (or at least I hope it seems ) as if your shafts are OK - I don't think I'm too picky, but I've been worried about those vibrations in my car even before the accident, it was difficult to explain and it didn't feel normal for me. So I wish you save approx.800-900 bucks on that

BTW, probably another good advice - check out some other car with ATM and compare. I did it with my brother's Subaru Forester and it showed the difference clearly before the shafts replacement. Now both cars have the same "almost no vibration" feeling
Thank you for the reply! Well, i did not say that i have no vibration at all or it is dead 0 now. Every car has vibration, make to make it is different. For XI it is pretty common. I will see if i need to replace it at last. It is good for now, I will check on boots when summer come. I do not like to spend extra money just to make sure, I change cars so often, that I would not think about vibration so serious even if i had one. I will drive this car for a while if I like it I keep it and change some other stuff too. Take care and I will keep post the info.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #127
Pokemonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahhy View Post
Well, you mean auto XIs can't do autocross???
(actually, bmwstephen put the thread here for some reason he only knows... but I don't really care - as long as I've found it and it helped me a lot )
Who said autocross? They do! Every car sure does autocross. I do not believe that XI is not the one.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #128
ddp43

My Ride: 2002 330xi
So i had this shake in my 2002 330xi. I checked out my cv joints in my front output shafts, and noticed they were loose. I changed them this weekend, and it helped the shake 100% when i hit the gas. The shake when I am sitting at a red light in drive is still there though. If i put it into neutral or park, it is fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what else might help this problem??
ddp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #129
bmwstephen

My Ride: e46 325xi, e30 325is
Send a message via AIM to bmwstephen
the next thing im going to do is to change out the CCV, however i dont have the time or the money to do this so ive put this next step on hold.
bmwstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #130
ron39

My Ride: pu
sounds like you folks need to get yourself a ford.
ron39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #131
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
good info