E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
m3in30days

My Ride: 330i
pulled over for angel eyes?

my roomate just bought some angel eyes headlights from umnitza...he has normal halogens with the bright angel eyes...the site doesnt say waht color(temp) they are (ie 6000k or 8000k..)

anyways my roomate got pulled over and teh cop said they were illegal...he then argued with him and told him that the are stock on all teh new bmw's and that he had it installed at a reputable bmw place...the cop didnt write him a ticket but im wondering who else has enountered issues like this and if they got tickets.

what colors(temp) are legal?

and who has got the ticket for having 6000k or 8000k ?
m3in30days is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
ThisFlyGuy
OEM ///Member

My Ride: A Car
wtf, the cop must be a dumbass
Old 05-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
perpoy

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP
Same thing happened to me....6000k angel eyes,bi-xenons,and fog lights.Didn't get a ticket though...Politely said to the officer....it's a ****ing option at the dealer.....
Old 05-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
sstainba

My Ride: 02 325Ci
some cops are just dumb. i've been pulled over for having xenon lights. the cop swore they weren't legal. :tard:
sstainba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
cop = bored
friend = bait.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
m3in30days

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
cop = bored
friend = bait.
hey for comparison what color did my roomate get...he purchased the whole housing with the angel eye option for e36 m3....halogen bulbs....it did not offer a color option, just a angel eye option? 6000k 8000k etc etc.
m3in30days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #7
lilbusa600
Donkey Kong Racing

My Ride: needs a new heart
Send a message via Yahoo to lilbusa600 Send a message via Skype™ to lilbusa600
My angel eyes are 8000k and I've never had any trouble. I'm in school in Georgia and stayed in Alabama and Louisiana for a while and the police have never bothered me about them.

UUC Lightweight Flywheel, UUC SSK & DSSR, UUC Anti-Swaybars, and Supersport Coilovers + ME = Fun FTMFW!!!
Euro-Spec front and rear M3 bumpers

Myspace
Facebook
Cardomain

lilbusa600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
Danbar99
has a nice car

My Ride: 330xi
any lights that are considered blue rather than white can be deemed illegal for impersonating an officer (only cop cars have have blue lights)
Old 05-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
junrboy

My Ride: 2000 323 ci
same thing happened to me in Malibu, the sheriff told me the angel eyes along with the xenons were illegal, he then got another more important call and just let me go
junrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
lilbusa600
Donkey Kong Racing

My Ride: needs a new heart
Send a message via Yahoo to lilbusa600 Send a message via Skype™ to lilbusa600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbar99 View Post
any lights that are considered blue rather than white can be deemed illegal for impersonating an officer (only cop cars have have blue lights)
^^Speaking of that...the second set of Angel Eyes I had were pure blue (and looked so nice). I was fine with those for about 3hrs. before I got pulled over. I didn't mind getting pulled over once, but when it happened 4 more times I decided to change them to the 8k. And the 8k have been on for about 2yrs problem free and cop free.

UUC Lightweight Flywheel, UUC SSK & DSSR, UUC Anti-Swaybars, and Supersport Coilovers + ME = Fun FTMFW!!!
Euro-Spec front and rear M3 bumpers

Myspace
Facebook
Cardomain

lilbusa600 is offline   Reply With Quote