E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2002, 05:08 PM   #1
Ashe

My Ride: ACURA
Regarding the Mini.....

I don't know what the hype is about...its ugly.... for 18 - 24 k you can aquire a much nicer car...

So my question...is it because BMW makes it that it is hyped up? would people feel the same if MB or Lexus made it?
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:10 PM   #2
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
It is like the new BUG

Lots of people were hyped about getting one. The only reason it seems hyped up to you is probably because most of the mags and websites that you look at have to do with BMW and like you said that is who is making it so that is why you see it so much. I know that I probably wouldnt' know anything about it if I didn't have or know anything about beemers. I think it would be a cool car just to mess around in because they are so light.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #3
halsugs
ACS Fanatics

My Ride: 2001 330ci
well its a legend

i mean mini has bee a legend car for many years and now that they redesigned it i think everyone just wanted to see what it looks like and what new cpabilities it have.

I think it looks good and imnot sure about you but if i have the money i would get it

But everyone have their preferences
Old 05-07-2002, 05:35 PM   #4
Casanova
Europrojektz Malaysia

My Ride: E46/E92/RX8
Send a message via ICQ to Casanova Send a message via AIM to Casanova Send a message via MSN to Casanova
mini

My dad drove a mini in the 70's I think and he's so excited about getting the new mini S. I guess it gives him fun memories of driving the car and now it looks better and is supercharged! So I guess I can understand the fuss.

Director of Europrojektz Malaysia Chapter
Hamann GT-R Widebody | Modified AA-Tuning supercharger kit
My New Ride
Casanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 05:37 PM   #5
Jano

My Ride: 2001 330i
I think it embodies a number of appealing factors. Say what you want, it's pretty cheap, it's unusual, most of the reviews have been positive, especially the "S", and I think people with 20k are tired of being sentenced to Honda Civics, Accords, Corollas, etc...Those are all GREAT cars on paper, but nothing you would ever get excited about getting into each day. I saw a mini running an Autocross event this weekend and it performed well....plus, I swear I've already seen tons of aftermarket parts available! I would prob not buy one, but I can certainly understand how there would be demand for them.
Jano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 05:41 PM   #6
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
Hamann tunes them and ACS

I think that my parents are thinking of getting one because my dad had one in the 70's. They are not that much money so it would be a good just extra car to sit around and go weekend cruising in. That is why so many people are into them because of their nostalgic value.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:48 PM   #7
MaxSpeed

My Ride: 2002 330i
The mini S looks like a lot of fun. Probably

more throwable than a 3 series, but being so small can get old when large trucks are on your ass. Can not wait until the novely wears off and maybe I will buy one.
MaxSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:52 PM   #8
Ashe

My Ride: ACURA
Re: The mini S looks like a lot of fun. Probably

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxSpeed
more throwable than a 3 series, but being so small can get old when large trucks are on your ass. Can not wait until the novely wears off and maybe I will buy one.

yes this is what I am saying.......:smile: :smile:
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 09:48 PM   #9
InlineSiX
illstylez

My Ride: 1999 328i
Hmmm I guess I'm the only one that thinks it actually looks neat! It'd definitely get some attention if you rolled in it!
InlineSiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:46 PM   #10
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
How much is the Mini S going for? Hmmm, I wouldn't mind having this one for a weekend/2nd car. =)

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:46 PM   #11
chopstik

My Ride: 2011 WRX
i test drove the S

and let me tell you, after driving a 330, the mini absolutely sucks the big c0ck.....it's actually a lot heavier than you would expect.....the acceleration is horrible...my friend floored it and after about 100 ft, slammed on the breaks, screamed "this car sucks!", got out and made me drive it back......i think he was genuinely pissed.....the car is pretty slow, but it handles very very well......must be b/c of bmw..........but i'm sure the only reason people will be buying it is either for nostalgia or b/c it's something new that's relatively cheap......
chopstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:15 PM   #12
e46boy
call me kev :D

My Ride: '08 Lexus GS460
Send a message via AIM to e46boy
dealers here in CA have crazy mark up for the Mini.. friend test drove one.. and it's 28k for the regular mini, it's not even S!!!!

that's 10k markup... that's freaking crazy if you ask me..:sad:

Bye bye E46, hello new car :D
e46boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 12:47 AM   #13
jAb
I've got cool scars

My Ride: 09 335i & 00 328Ci
take one on a track or to an autoX and you will have your answer
jAb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 03:50 AM   #14
David328Ci
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch

My Ride: Pimpin '99 Sentra X(
Send a message via AIM to David328Ci
Dude I can't believe u people can compare a bug to a mini.
David328Ci is offline   Reply With Quote