E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 04:23 AM   #21
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3j0hn View Post
i like this hood a lot. i remember asking peter at vorsteiner if they made this hood, and they only had the facelifted version. i guess they finally are listening to customer demand.
as far as i know for the past few months they have been doing plenty of custom orders as requested by customers. and also an awesome turnaround time.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:29 AM   #22
hapalover

My Ride: white e46
i like it, looks really good, this one is cleaner
hapalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #23
johnhk79

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by amits1988 View Post
as far as i know for the past few months they have been doing plenty of custom orders as requested by customers. and also an awesome turnaround time.
not really. they are backordered on a lot of their stuff. lol i have 1st hand experience in this. and as for this hood, sorry, but they didn't make it at the time. there is a whole thread dedicated to their newer facelifted hood with just the outer vents where the lines don't go to the mirrors and majority saying they wanted the lines to go to the mirrors.. however vorsteiner didn't make it. i even had PM jlevi about this hood a while ago, and he replied saying it couldn't be made.. and we know jlevi will go out of his way to find out if a product can be made so he can get some business. lol but now this is available which is great because it does look great. its too bad i already have a flossman hood which i like better.

by custom orders, they have individual program where you can get different colored cf on items. i spoke to irvin over the phone about 2 tone cf (black and silver), and they definitely can do custom work like this.. basically on any thing where there's already a mold in place. also on their csl replica bumper, you can get custom dual intake holes. it's mainly little stuff. people want custom interior wrapped by vorsteiner, but again, were rejected as i have asked.. as well as i remember gjgm3 (who has vorsteiner everything) asking over at m3forum. im not quite sure where you're getting your info from. even sponsors on this site say they are backordered on stuff like bootlids.. naturally, it's just that time of the year where everyone wants to mod their cars.

Last edited by johnhk79; 05-22-2007 at 05:49 AM.
johnhk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 AM   #24
GJGM3
Gonz997

My Ride: Porsche 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3j0hn View Post
not really. they are backordered on a lot of their stuff. lol i have 1st hand experience in this. and as for this hood, sorry, but they didn't make it at the time. there is a whole thread dedicated to their newer facelifted hood with just the outer vents where the lines don't go to the mirrors and majority saying they wanted the lines to go to the mirrors.. however vorsteiner didn't make it. i even had PM jlevi about this hood a while ago, and he replied saying it couldn't be made.. and we know jlevi will go out of his way to find out if a product can be made so he can get some business. lol but now this is available which is great because it does look great. its too bad i already have a flossman hood which i like better.

by custom orders, they have individual program where you can get different colored cf on items. i spoke to irvin over the phone about 2 tone cf (black and silver), and they definitely can do custom work like this.. basically on any thing where there's already a mold in place. also on their csl replica bumper, you can get custom dual intake holes. it's mainly little stuff. people want custom interior wrapped by vorsteiner, but again, were rejected as i have asked.. as well as i remember gjgm3 (who has vorsteiner everything) asking over at m3forum. im not quite sure where you're getting your info from. even sponsors on this site say they are backordered on stuff like bootlids.. naturally, it's just that time of the year where everyone wants to mod their cars.
Right on John.

Yeah, Vorsteiner has a lot of things on their plate to do the interior trim and I pushed them on this. Essentially it's already on the market with several other manufacturers so if I were in their shoes I wouldn't do it either and go after other things. I did, however, get them to re-do all of my stuff in 2X2 to match the interior trim, along with the V-CSL Center Console as well as the brand spanking new rear V-CSL console to match.

With respect to the hood, it's been in development for some time and they essentially redesigned the basic vented race hood (improved) and it's carried over to this one. I suspect the original had to be redesigned first which makes perfect sense. I was talking to them about the new hood before last Fall - just takes a bit to come online. In fact, I ordered this one some time ago and it should ship this week - still being tweeked.

I suspect this hood is going to get some serious traction as the original has been out there for a long time and this gives it a fresh look, although as I said I think the original is still the HOTNESS! I just wanted something a little cleaner and more complimentary to my car versus out-right racecar - the rest of my car (and its performance) speaks for itself - LOL.

Vorsteiner is presently developing parts for other marques so they're balancing things out. I recently put a post up regarding possibly parting (or selling my car) given their new project work for the Porsche 997 which I've seen and is just SICK-SICK-SICK! A must have for me, but I'm going to wait a bit.

I'll post my new hood and replacement diffuser (new style) within the next few weeks.

Thanks y'all.

GONZ997 - GJGM3 Replacement
Mods in Progress

Last edited by GJGM3; 05-22-2007 at 07:29 AM.
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #25
johnhk79

My Ride: BMW
well, gjgm3, i know you want to go back to your p-car roots as it sounded like in your feeler thread. lol anyways, any pics of that rear center console? i remember fern mentioning they made this.
johnhk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #26
smoke

My Ride: 2002, 325Ci
i love both designs the same, you can't go wrong man, will look great.
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #27
GJGM3
Gonz997

Not yet on the rear console but I will have it very soon.

Regarding the P-car, yeah it's touchy but I want to finish my project on the M3 -no choice right now actually. A used 2005 997 is still running in the mid-to-upper $60k range and that would be a starter car for me to mod. I also purchased this hood several months ago when the mold hadn't even been finished and hadn't seen it - yes, I have that much faith in Vorsteiner and their products. So no big change of mind with the 997 - just a matter of time really. I'm also trying to sort out how long I'm going to keep the car given parting isn't going to work. So, I don't know if I should go all the way and complete the project with the final piece - the V-CSL Airbox, or keep it longer and put the HPF Turbo in it. That was the plan.

I'll post pics of the console as soon as I get it (prior to install). It has not been made available yet.

Mods in Progress
Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #28
xjunmoonx

My Ride: BLOODY MARY
i like the old one better..but either way ur car is

Progress Thread
xjunmoonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
i like the way luis did it. one thing to keep in mind is that the new "facelifted" vorsteiner hood has lines which go to the middle of the windsheild (not the ends like on the m3 hood).

If you have the cash, I would buy the gtr hood and then have them shave the vents on the inner side of the hood lines
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
Right - but I have an M3 and it's the GTR Hood without the inner vents - like Luis'. You're correct about the "facelifted" non-M hood - I don't like that one as much. I think the lines coming in at an angle from the corners looks right. On the other hand the "facelifted" is great for custom.
Chase/Gerard,

Just wanted to doublecheck... when you both say "facelifted" you're not referring to the Vorsteiner sedan hood which is a facelift sedan hood, right? Reason why I ask is because the lines actually come from the corners at the top of the hood near the windshield and end at the left upper corner of the passenger side kidney grille and the right upper corner of the drivers side kidney grille respectively.

My Vorsteiner hood is supposed to arrive on thursday at my friend's bodyshop and hope to have the custom paint scheme completed and hood installed hopefully sometime next week.

EDIT: CORRECTION, Just got a call from my friend who owns the bodyshop... my Vorsteiner hood arrived today 2 days ahead of schedule!!! Looks like it will definitely be painted installed by next week.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel

Last edited by Navin323i; 05-22-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #30
GJGM3
Gonz997

Navin - first, congratulations bro! Vorsteiner's stuff rocks. It's gonna look mighty good on your ride.

The "facelift" hood in question applies to that particular model/non-M where the lines are more centered as below. Here's the comparison. I think it's really nice for that model, just different than the others and certainly the M3.

Also below is my very poor (sorry-a$s) paint over the vents and the attempt at the pshop. Essentially it's the same Race hood without the inner vents closer to the powerdome. This gives you an idea.

Mods in Progress
Old 05-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #31
BiG SkiLLz

My Ride: 09 e90 328i
Send a message via ICQ to BiG SkiLLz Send a message via MSN to BiG SkiLLz Send a message via Skype™ to BiG SkiLLz
Old 05-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #32
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Navin - first, congratulations bro! Vorsteiner's stuff rocks. It's gonna look mighty good on your ride.

The "facelift" hood in question applies to that particular model/non-M where the lines are more centered as below. Here's the comparison. I think it's really nice for that model, just different than the others and certainly the M3.

Also below is my very poor (sorry-a$s) paint over the vents and the attempt at the pshop. Essentially it's the same Race hood without the inner vents closer to the powerdome. This gives you an idea.

Thanks Gerard! I'm definitely excited about the Vorsteiner hood and their customer service has been great thus far to me.
Your pics answered my question... we're definitely talking about different hoods. The facelift sedan Vorsteiner hood has different lines - I'm pasting a pic of 4ngie's hood (hope you don't mind, Angie! Love your hood by the way!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sedanVorHood2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	227983  

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 05-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #33
GJGM3
Gonz997

Navin - the picture you posted isn't of the facelifted version. The facelift has the corners pointed upward instead of down like the pre-facelift or M3 models. Just the same you have the pre-facelift and that hood will look terrific on your car!

Mods in Progress
Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 AM   #34
M3J0N

Send a message via AIM to M3J0N
i wish they had done this style for their new e36 hood.
04 M3 Coupe 6sp Carbon Black/Black (Current)
95 M3 Coupe 5sp Cosmos Black/Black (Current)
Resident e46fanatics.com Paramedic and notorious ****-talker:)

[/SIZE]
M3J0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 AM   #35
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
G you are sure geting up their in age...... lolllll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADE46 View Post
Finally 21...lol You really gotta let me know so i can plan to have an M3 convertible pick you up from airport.. ....Georgie with the white m3 vert.....fellow vert thug will be coming down here jun 1st...
hate to say this but i have jackets older than 21 years old....... i guess you begin to feel your age once you get out of your teens........
but happy birthday the years will go by faster now....
bobm3
Old 05-23-2007, 06:06 AM   #36
4ngie

My Ride: Chrissspyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Thanks Gerard! I'm definitely excited about the Vorsteiner hood and their customer service has been great thus far to me.
Your pics answered my question... we're definitely talking about different hoods. The facelift sedan Vorsteiner hood has different lines - I'm pasting a pic of 4ngie's hood (hope you don't mind, Angie! Love your hood by the way!)
I believe that's Jojo's car. Here's mine: (And it is a facelift hood.)

4ngie likes this.

Last edited by 4ngie; 05-23-2007 at 06:11 AM.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #37
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Navin - the picture you posted isn't of the facelifted version. The facelift has the corners pointed upward instead of down like the pre-facelift or M3 models. Just the same you have the pre-facelift and that hood will look terrific on your car!
Yeah, I know the pic I posted isn't of the facelifted version. I just posted that so that other people reading my post would have some idea what on earth I've been talking about, LOL.
I've heard that the Vorsteiner facelift sedan hood fits pre-facelift sedans quite nicely... I'll find out exactly in one week when it goes on finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ngie View Post
I believe that's Jojo's car. Here's mine: (And it is a facelift hood.)

You're absolutely right, Angie. As part of my Vorsteiner sedan hood research that I've been doing for quite sometime now, I've actually saved pics of your hood and Jojo's hood (also to assist me with the custom paint scheme I plan on going with). Thanks for the correction and I stand behind what I said before... love your hood! (and Jojo's too).

Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #38
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
vorsteiner should hook up a nice sponsored one for me, now that they finally make one how I asked them too...LOL

sweet hood of course, and its my favorite choice for sure.
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #39
GJGM3
Gonz997

Yeah buddy - your car is "the hotness"!

Mods in Progress
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #40
GJGM3
Gonz997

Change of plans - AGAIN. I'm now getting the original vented race hood but it's custom from the rest and a standout for sure. Shipped next Wednesday.

Mods in Progress