E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
DWass325's Competition Prep Thread

That's right, boys... time for me to get my diet in line, tan up, and jump on stage.

I have roughly ten weeks to do this.

Diet
Protein is currently around 300g daily. I'm playing around with the carbs to find the lowest amount I can take in while keeping my energy up.

Supplementation
Protein powder... duh.
Glucosamine (For my joints.)
L-arginine (Though it doesn't give lasting gains, it helps me psychologically. I like being pumped. This will be cut from my diet at about 1 month out.)
Creatine kre-alkalyn. (Same as l-arginine basically and will also be cut 1 month out.)

Training
I lift four days per week and do abs/cardio two. Training is in a doggcrapp style though I've strayed from true doggcrapp in the last six months or so. I do each bodypart twice per week but rotate my favorite exercises (or those I feel I need to do to bring up lagging bodyparts. My legs have given me trouble (pains from past injuries, knee problems, pain in my groin) but I'm getting back into heavier work now. I keep everything in the 8-12 rep range.

M - chest/shoulders/tris/back
T - bis/forearms/calves/hams/quads
W - abs/cardio
TR - chest/shoulders/tris/back
F - bis/forearms/calves/hams/quads
S - abs/cardio
SU - rest

I'm starting this in case anybody's interested but also for my own benefit. I think it'll be good to track my progress here and get input.

I'm not going to say what contest I'm preparing for though, if people can figure out what contest is local to me ten weeks from now, so be it.

Now for the pictures.

(note: legs are relaxed in this picture)

Currently, I'm just trying to add more size overall with special attention to the upper-middle area and the lats.

Making this look better will depend mainly on my diet.

This picture is almost completely relaxed (in a bodybuilding sense of "relaxed").

Comments, criticisms, advice, and questions are welcomed.

For now, I'm going to eat a few pieces of pizza to mark the end of my junkfood days. Dieting starts the second I finish this last cheat meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
low
OG e46fanatics lurker!

My Ride: is outside
dude looking good! keep it up and keep us posted. gonna have to trim around the waist but looks good overall man.

Pretty girls in bikinis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwang1
no one ask you to click on it cry baby :cry: now I can see why Dougsun doesn't like you either.... sigh....
- I've been victimized with BOARD DRAMA!!! :lmao:
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
dwass325

Thanks, low!

Also...
I'm planning on doing my posing routine to Con Te Partiro by Andrea Bocelli. I like listening to rap/rock when I'm in the gym, but I prefer more traditional, epic, melodic posing music.

My current stats: 5'9.75" tall, mid- to high-180s (I seldom weigh myself though I'll have to start).

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #4
M3bluewater

My Ride: 95 M3
Send a message via AIM to M3bluewater
I never realized how ****in huge your shoulders were. its good, but makes the biceps look smaller .

good luck bro. drink the h20 and run some xpel and you'll do great!
M3bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #5
Masko

My Ride: silver coupe
Send a message via AIM to Masko
lookin good. Keep it up!!!

show us your progress as you go
Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3bluewater View Post
I never realized how ****in huge your shoulders were. its good, but makes the biceps look smaller .

good luck bro. drink the h20 and run some xpel and you'll do great!
You know what's crazy? I do maybe 3 sets per week for shoulders. I skip the altogether regularly. After working only biceps, my arms are just a hair over 17". Half my time in the gym is focused on trying to balance the rest of my upper body to my shoulders!

Part of it is my posing though. I need to bring my arms to at least 90*. Looking at it again, they're both pointing slightly down.

Thanks for the compliments though. How're things with that new love of your life going? Hit me up on AIM soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masko View Post
lookin good. Keep it up!!!

show us your progress as you go
Thanks!

I considered taking pictures in my contest suit, but uh... I think the blue shorts were a better choice for the time being. Nobody wants to see my chubby, pale ass in a bikini bottom right now

The great thing about the timing of this is that it's summer and I can get eight hours of stress-free, uninterrupted, wonderful SLEEP.

Quote:

Old 05-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Nice man, can't wait to see your progress throughout the next few weeks. Best of luck dude, not that you need it

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Nice man, can't wait to see your progress throughout the next few weeks. Best of luck dude, not that you need it
Thanks, Rich! I just hope to finish at least in the middle of the pack. I'm a noob at this competition thing.

Had a decent workout today. Did biceps and had a great pump going on. Skipped hamstrings because they were still sore from Saturday (had some things come up last week and ended up doing legs a day late). Did calves like normal. Went up to 7 plates for my last 3 sets of 10 on leg press, did my stretches, and called it a day.

Paul, I did a couple extra sets of biceps just for you

Diet today was pretty good. I'm currently at about 250g of protein with another meal and my pre-bed shake waiting for me. I should finish the day at about 320g.

Quote:

Last edited by dwass325; 05-22-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #9
suki330

My Ride: 330d sport
Thumbs Up

Keep up the good work your looking.

I got friend who is getting ready for competition in september, What is you diet and how long have you been training?

suki330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
iLLM3

My Ride: Boosted M3 + G35
Send a message via AIM to iLLM3
Looking real good man, you have a sick base and you will shred up nicely, you know what to do already, bust your ass x100

I'll get some pics up in a new thread soon, BTW why do you prefer hitting same bodyparts twice a week, just wondering? I always switch it up but was wondering from another bodybuilders POV.

RUF R-GT2
07 E60 M5
01 996TT RWD/Stage 2+ turbo SOLD!!
03 G35 Nismo Daily
02 500+ HP SC M3 SOLD

www.e46psi.com
iLLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
2005_330xi_BMW

My Ride: 330xi
How long did it take you to get that small?
2005_330xi_BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLM3 View Post
Looking real good man, you have a sick base and you will shred up nicely, you know what to do already, bust your ass x100

I'll get some pics up in a new thread soon, BTW why do you prefer hitting same bodyparts twice a week, just wondering? I always switch it up but was wondering from another bodybuilders POV.
Thanks

I'm hoping this whole dieting thing goes well. I've never dieted lower than 9% before.

As for why my split is the way it is, that's just what works for me. I've done the whole once-a-week-murder-a-bodypart splits and I simply like this way better. I never go crazy to where I can't lift my arms or sit down normally but I still see results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_11_22_08 View Post
How long did it take you to get that small?
Twenty-one years

I just got home from work though and that means it's time to go do abs/cardio.

Quote:

Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #13
iLLM3

My Ride: Boosted M3 + G35
Send a message via AIM to iLLM3
Cool man, i think im going to switch it up to what you are doing now, i feel my body getting use to the "murdering" a body part you mentioned, as you start lifting for a long time i feel the need to constantly vary everything, especially because i hardly get sore anymore and that i feel i can push my bodypart twice because of the extrmeely fast recovery..

I'll let you know how it goes

RUF R-GT2
07 E60 M5
01 996TT RWD/Stage 2+ turbo SOLD!!
03 G35 Nismo Daily
02 500+ HP SC M3 SOLD

www.e46psi.com
iLLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #14
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
Nice work so far. Con Te Partiro is a good song, I like the choice I have the entire Romanza CD on my computer, its a good album. Nice to listen to while taking a relaxing drive. lol
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #15
ininfinitum
Super Nintendo Chalmers

My Ride: 330
Damn, good job man. I bet you could crush my head between your traps.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #16
jaewonder

My Ride: 13 Cooper S
Nice lats. Keep us posted.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #17
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki330 View Post
Keep up the good work your looking.

I got friend who is getting ready for competition in september, What is you diet and how long have you been training?

My diet is constantly changing, but it's just based on eating good food. I eat a lot of lean cuts of meat (salmon, chicken breasts, grilled steak, etc), good carbs (Kashi cereal in the morning, brown rice, real wheat bread, etc), and good fats (from the meat and flax seed/fish oil). I admit, I have a sweet tooth so I will have a Hershey bar or whatever from time to time. When the contest gets closer (around 7-8 weeks out), I will start weighing exact portions and counting calories in a more exact fashion.

Training... I had never stepped in a gym until I was 2 months away from 18. It's hard to say how long I've really been training hard though... maybe two years max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLM3 View Post
Cool man, i think im going to switch it up to what you are doing now, i feel my body getting use to the "murdering" a body part you mentioned, as you start lifting for a long time i feel the need to constantly vary everything, especially because i hardly get sore anymore and that i feel i can push my bodypart twice because of the extrmeely fast recovery..

I'll let you know how it goes
I think a twice weekly style will be good for you. I don't think there's any benefit to changing legs to Thursday instead of Monday (just an example) unless there is a change in training style. Def. keep us all updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Nice work so far. Con Te Partiro is a good song, I like the choice I have the entire Romanza CD on my computer, its a good album. Nice to listen to while taking a relaxing drive. lol
The last time I went on a "spirited" drive, I had the Brightman/Bocelli version of Con Te Partiro playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ininfinitum View Post
Damn, good job man. I bet you could crush my head between your traps.
haha thanks man. I'm really trying to put some more size and detail into my back. The strength is there (455lb deadlift) but I've always thought that the back can never be too big or too detailed (i.e. doesn't have to be in proportion to the rest of the body).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaewonder View Post
Nice lats. Keep us posted.
Danke and will do

Last night, I did a nice ab workout (cable crunches & leg raises) and finished up with 30 minutes on the cross-trainer.

Had an average workout today. Put up the 100s for 10 and the 110s for 7 on incline. Then did straight bar pushdowns, lateral raises, rack deads up to 365lbs, shrugs up to 315, and rows. Diet today, however, has been awesome. I've kept my carbs moderate, protein high, and I feel awesome.

Quote:

Last edited by dwass325; 05-24-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #18
BiG SkiLLz

My Ride: 09 e90 328i
Send a message via ICQ to BiG SkiLLz Send a message via MSN to BiG SkiLLz Send a message via Skype™ to BiG SkiLLz
Good job
Old 05-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #19
dwass325

Thanks, Big SkiLLz!

Just did biceps/forearms/calves/hams/quads. Only notable things were a couple nice sets of SLDLs at 185lbs (on a platform, slow, bottom of ROM = top of my foot), biceps had an awesome pump as I moved to 60x6 (dumbbells) for my last set instead of 55x8, and I cut my squats short because I was getting pain in my knee both wrapped and unwrapped.

Diet has been great again today, too... started off with eggs and Kashi cereal, then a very lean burger, a t-bone with broccoli for lunch. I'm working on my PWO shake right now and I've got the oven heating up for salmon with brown rice

I'm able to drop very low in my carbs (I'll be at no more than 225g for the day) and still have energy. I hope this keeps up. In the few days since those pictures were taken, I've cleaned up the diet and I'm holding less water.

Quote:

Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
dwass325

Hit chest with my friend yesterday. I did his chest routine just to check it out. I'll be doing cardio/abs tonight and shoulder/tris/back tomorrow.

Tripped up on the diet yesterday and had a bit of pizza but I'm keeping it clean aside from that.

Quote: