E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
gw009

My Ride: 2000 328i
Angel Eyes vs. Demon Eyes

I was wondering what the differences are between these two after market xenon light mods, Angel Eyes vs. Demon Eyes. I am very interested in getting something like this I just don't know the difference between the two or what is a reasonable price is to pay for this upgrade. I currently have a 2000 328i with standard lights. Anyone that could shine some light, haha, of this situation would be greatly appreciated.
gw009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
I think the name just depends on the brand. Check out the sponsor section, or the lighting section for better help on this.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Just contact a vendor such as Umnitza.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
I dont think there is any difference, some people call them Angel Eyes some Demon Eyes. Same thing, just depends on who is making or marketing it. Check a few sponsors pick something you like and go for it.
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
flyinj3x

My Ride: 03/03 330ci
Send a message via MSN to flyinj3x Send a message via Yahoo to flyinj3x
they are usually call demon eyes in europe, angel eyes in the states.
flyinj3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
Philbert

My Ride: 02M3|80 280ZX|87Yota
same thing, different name, like they all said

I have chromium DDEs (daytime demon eyes I think is what that means). I like them a lot. Paid $200 new from Umnitza but I think prices are lower these days. It's a hard DIY, but worth the time to do it yourself - tons of DIY guides out there on the subject.

Dinan S. | Clears | DiCE | OEM Alarm Retrofit | ACS Rep. Peds | DDEs

My Valentine 1 Hardwire | Remote Display Gauge Cluster Mod

Considering selling 2002 M3 Convertible (~38,000 miles) this year (don't drive it enough...). If seriously interested, PM me. SF Bay area.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
"Angel Eyes" is the name given by BMW to them when they started them on the 5 series. "Demon Eyes" is the name given to them by the aftermarket to sound more aggressive/meaner. Almost all aftermarket ones are not quality like the OEM ones that are light bars illuminated by a bulb at the end that shines through it. Aftrermarket ones are china made hollow plastic tubes that have a cheap thin glowing ring inside them to light up. Use the search function on the top right corner in the "Lighting Forum" for them as you'll come up with tons of info. Basically aftermarket ones are about the same just marketing hype and colors. Good luck.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Actually, the first version of the aftermarket ones were similar to the OEM ones in design. They had fiber optic plastic rings and used a light source to illuminate the whole thing.

The modern aftermarket ones are a great improvement over the original design (as well as the BMW design). They are bighter, same brightness all around, and match light "color" a lot better. I personally don't like the way OEM rings look (yellowish) next to xenon lights (much "whiter"). Aftermarket rings give you a uniform look.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
buyse13

My Ride: 01 325i ZSP
yea my light blue rings look amazing with my pure white lights. i guess since they are aftermarket i have light blue demon eyes?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1242 View Post
Actually, the first version of the aftermarket ones were similar to the OEM ones in design. They had fiber optic plastic rings and used a light source to illuminate the whole thing.

The modern aftermarket ones are a great improvement over the original design (as well as the BMW design). They are bighter, same brightness all around, and match light "color" a lot better. I personally don't like the way OEM rings look (yellowish) next to xenon lights (much "whiter"). Aftermarket rings give you a uniform look.
I never said the first ones were not similar. I made a point to word it "almost all aftermarket ones". I know about the first kits.

There is NO WAY these aftermarket ones are better than OEM. These are cheap and break easily, ballast are alloys going out. Wires short, rings come sent to you broken and not working. The lighting of the ring is not evenly set, goes from one side of inner ring to the other all ~~ like. And to say they don't put out light is because the original designers of this feature/look designed them to just light the rings, not the housing, hense never the lame "eyeball effect" problem. The bright flourescent tubes was a byproduct, spun to make you think they are somehow better now by the sellers. These aftermarket kits were given life in the garages by people who were looking for a cheap alternative to OEM costs. You're never going to find OEM equipped BMWs taking their real "Angel Eyes" off for these china made kits. And the color, these were NEVER designed by the BMW engineers/designers to match the color of the headlamps. You can't see them well when they are the same color and honestly doubtful BMW would put "fast and furious" neon light rings on their cars. With all the over engineering BMW does for their cars, do you really think they couldn't have come up with a matching "Angel Eye" color??
Sorry if I got so long winded. Nothing personal, I do understand you said "personally" as in your own opinion(which is always corect for each individual). Just I love the bombardment of marketing hype given these $200 glow tubes that has so many on this forum thinking this is the way God intended these to be.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
flyinj3x

My Ride: 03/03 330ci
Send a message via MSN to flyinj3x Send a message via Yahoo to flyinj3x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
...You're never going to find OEM equipped BMWs taking their real "Angel Eyes" off for these china made kits...
ill bet you five bucks somebody has..

nice rant btw
flyinj3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
win-by-miles
It really was a Rocky story

My Ride: Refer to sig
depends what religion you are i guess
win-by-miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #13
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Same thing just different names...check out our Predator Chromium kit if you want the best
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #14
LKNGOOD

My Ride: 2007 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Same thing just different names...check out our Predator Chromium kit if you want the best
I Bought my "Angel Eyes 6000K" from Jlevi and LOVE them.

Some times I turn them on with the remote just to look at it at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel.Day1.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	228294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel Eye.Full.1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	228295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel.Close.Up.1.jpg
Views:	110